Why do guys like action movies more than romance ones?

Why do guys like action movies more than romance ones?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of men love the adrenaline rush of high-packed action sequences that satisfies the violence and intensity they're looking for. It's also almost brainless and thoughtless to watch for entertainment and requires little/no effort to figuring out what's really happening in those movies.

While I like watching them from time to time, I'd prefer to watch romance as it's not only more stimulating for my brain but it helps me understand people's situations in relationships they are in. I usually fall in love when I can find romance in any kind of movie because I love the idea of characters building up a strong connection where they can relate to one another based on the situation they are in! It probably doesn't help that I'm more of the gentle and romantic type! I think I'm starting to see why romance in action movies either feels forced or aren't there at all...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems like action movies are lowkey romantic movies. there's always people falling inlove and kissing at the wrong time of the movie. Like the world is being destroyed and people decide they wanna kissπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ like what the heck lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 49

• I don't like romance movies, and especially romantic comedies, where romance is the central theme because in these kinds of movies to me every single character is a blithering idiot. I personally find it quite painful to watch. This is especially true of how men are depicted in these movies: They don't depict how men really are, but rather how women would like them to be ideally. Are there men who behave the way romcom men behave? Probably so, but they are a marginally small minority of real men today. They, however, seem to be the majority of all male characters in these movies. You could say the same about men and characters generally in action flicks; they're not that realistic either, but men find them more relatable.

I don't like these kinds of movies, but I understand why women like them,. It's OK for men or women to watch romantic movies, and are entitled to their own personal tastes. I and most men however do not like them, and that's also OK.

Here's the thing: As men, we are more inclined to be competitive, and action flicks may be the epitome of competition in a story line. Women tend to be more focused on cooperation, reconciliation, and "fixing" people. In romance, the focus is more on people coming together, you can have romance where there are some violence elements, or no violence at all because physical action is not the focus here.

I say to each their own.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like War Dramas because I love war history and firearms are a hobby of mine. Though I hate some action movies because they are either completely unrealistic, or historically inaccurate. I'll watch some romance movies, especially if they are like 40s/50s/60s films. Like "Casablanca" and Elvis Presley's "Loving You".

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I'd assume it's the same thing that makes men more mechanical and outcome-focused while women are more emotional and relationship-focused

0|0
    0|0
  • Because watching romance is boring to most guys - not all I know. But in general guys want to want something intense, action packed & exciting.

Why do women like romance movies more than action?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that's just the stigma. There are also guys out there that likes romance but they can't admit it else they'll be looked down upon.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because we like to say yeah I would totally be a badass and save the day. That and it's a very testosterone filled. I like a good romcom but I need some humor I can get as a guy. Like date night or wedding crashers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most Action movies have twist and turns. As for the Romance films? The aim is to win the person they love and when you watch a lot then it can get boring watching some movies like that. Don't know if anyone else agrees with me on this

0|0
    0|0
  • Romance is dull. If I'm spending money and time on a movie I want it to excite me.

0|0
    0|0
  • romance is so cringey.

It's similar to a fantasy and it's just that. A fantasy. No woman in actuality wants any of that nonsense.

They just want a man thats gonna give her some good dicc

0|0
    0|0
  • Mainly because when we see an action movie, us guys fantasize about being the protagonist. We want to be just like those guys and do cool shit. And it's fun to watch.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I find typical romantic movies boring (there are some funny ones though) and I think action movies are just cool and there's more fighting which is of male nature.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's an opinion, not all guys like action movies more than romance, not many guys like to admit it, I like romance more than action

1|0
    0|0
  • Because romantic movies are dull and filled with people who do stupid things for stupid reasons then whine about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Romance movies are generally women centered. Action movies are more relatable to boys. Relatable as in, the main or other supporting character

0|0
    0|0
  • I like both... But romance movies are a bit draining while action movies are just brainless fun... So easier to sit through...

0|0
    0|0
  • You enjoy romantic movies because you can associate yourself with someone and live their life on screen which is exciting for you because your deep instincts is something constructive and leading to harmony, beauty and you enjoy the thrill itself. Its difficult to describe (esp being a guy and not exactly knowing what you like in movies and games).

We guys associate ourselves with badass heros. The main thrill instincts dictate us is to see our hero being badass. The whole drama is to help males to associate themselves and tease nerves. The main instinct is to see our hero being on top, slaying enemies and achieving the goal.
    When talking about, lets say videogames, guys want that kill or achievement but girls go for fun doing something nice.
    Of course it is not always true, but natural tendencies seem to be as I described

0|0
    0|0
  • Because Men has less emotions then a Women. Women express emotions in more dramatic way. that is why they are stick to romentic movies

0|1
    0|0
  • Because for the most part guy are not as intrested in story focused on live yes love can play a part but not be the focuse

0|0
    0|0
  • Romantic ones often have a message that is unreal and gives girls expectations that we can never live up to

0|0
    0|0
    • Because a car exploding after hitting a tree is not giving false expectations at all πŸ˜‚

• Thats not the message action films are laid back and some romantics like say titanic guys dont like watching because of how the guy is in the film dieing for the girl so basicly dieing for a girl you love only for her to then get over you and get with another guy no one is worth dieing for in my opinion

• Ok than how about the message that violence would the only way to solve a conflict? You can get stupid things out of every movie if you do not use your brain. After all it's just about entertainment

• Because that's something you don't see in the everyday world. Its the same reason kids like cartoons, they are just fascinating

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• Action movies are targeting a male audience. No emotions, lots of explosions, testosterone.
    Romance movies are targeting a female audience - plots based almost only on emotions and interactions.
    I do find action movies pretty boring myself to be honest xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Easy:

Action movies are pandered towards a male audience. So, males like them more.

Romance movies are pandered towards a female audience. So, females like them more.

If you saw a male version of a romance movie, it would probably involve going to get sloppy Joe's at the diner followed by hot, greasy sex.

0|0
    0|1
  • Most romantic movies I've seen are not realistic and mostly cringy with some exceptions. I don't like action movies but if I have to choose I'll definitely go with action.

0|0
    0|0
  • I also prefer action over romance. It's the thrill. Romance is just utterly cringeworthy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate romantic movies and would much prefer action.

0|0
    0|0
  • Romance are cute don't get me wrong but they're boring my favorite genre I fantasy action

0|0
    0|0
  • Not only guys. Girls love action movies too because It's exiting and interesting

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not a guy but I also prefer action over romantic movies. Too cringey for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Romantic Movies only show the courting side not the side that what happen at least 6 months after.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because romance is so boring

0|0
    0|0
  • What's that a shot of? Suicide Squad?

Still a better love story than Twilight.

0|1
    0|0
  • Find romantic ones boring

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes