How many kids do you want?

I've always wanted a big family, but lots of people ( guys and girls) aren't really interested in having big families. So I want to see how many do (Or dont) and why.

Most Helpful Guy

• I use to want 4 to 6. But now that I already have one I'm good with the thought of 2.

Most Helpful Girl

• 2 of my own. I want to adopt more than that though. Maybe a total of 5. Or I might foster kids.

• Good on you for considering fostering!

• My best friend was in the foster system for a few years, and a few other people I know have been as well. I hope maybe I can give an easier experience for any children I can foster, than my friends had.

• We adopted my sister from the foster system.

What Guys Said 24

• I want a big family too, because my extended family is quite large. My maternal grandma had 10 kids... my mother being the 2nd oldest. I have over 30 cousins just on that side, and holidays are always loud and busy events.

But my friend has a small family. Just the parents and 2 kids. The rest of the family lives overseas. Their holidays are quiet events... like Christmas is just a family dinner at home.

I'd like a big family too... not 10 kids. But I consider 3 "big" for modern times. Depending on the family income however, 3 kids is the breaking point.
    Daycare for 1 kid is $1,200/month where I live. With 3 kids, thats $3,600/month... the food, clothes, toys... etc. One of us might as well quit our job, since the entire paycheck goes to daycare. So might as well just raise the kids by yourself. 4+ kids means you live in poverty.
    At least in a major urban city it does. Its probably cheaper if you live a rural lifestyle on a farm.

• 4 or 5 is my preference

• I don't want any kids. I'm not meant to be a father.

• 7+, my father is from a big family and it always feels nice to have different interests in many different things which can help others

• As many as my future wife wants to have and as many as we can afford.

• 2girl one boy

• 3, maybe more.

If every parenting couple had 2 kids or less the species would slowly die out. I think it's a good thing for the human population to increase too.

I think it's nice to have siblings. Having more than one means that unless you're doing something wrong, you'll have at least one you aren't fighting with right now.

I also have 3 siblings so it seems more natural to me. It also gives better odds of having at least 1 girl or boy or both if that's important to you.

• 2 only

• Only 2

• 3 o 4

• I want 0 kids

• Ze shrug. Probably won't happen

• At least one daughter. I want a cute little daughter in my life. Little girls love me so much and it feels good.

• I don't want any tbh

• Max two

• 3
    2 girls
    1 boy
    i wanna adopt so if i have a boy first wanna adopt 2 girls and if i have a girl first whichever gender comes out next, ill adopt the opposite

• 1 Child above the replacement level.

• At least one girl. Maybe 2.

• Girls are definitely fun.

• That's where the problem is, I don't know if I could refuse her anything.

• Thing is I've babysat spoiled kids and I've babysat kids who don't always get what they want. The spoiled kids scream when things don't go their way (Not a good trait to have for when school starts) and the other kids you could use more privliges as a way to reward them for doing something good. They also tend to work better with others and other siblings.

• 5 or 6
    And may I ask what number would you say is a big family?

• i want 0, but, being an only child and male, i HAVE to have 1, preferably male

• Id love to have any size of a family id just love to know one day id have a kid no matter how many

• -2..

• How many to plow and harvest 30 acres of sorghum?

• I myself would like to have two girls and a boy. I could go for maybe 4 children at max.

What Girls Said 13

• I always joke that I want the Brady Bunch, lol. Growing up an only child was really lonely, so I know I want at least 3. Most of the time I think 5... either way, it won't be before I've made sure I can adequately provide for them :)

• Two max. I’m an only child and honestly you don’t get the experience of getting hand-me-downs from siblings, or having the idea of having someone there for you where you can relate to each other, help each other, etc., despite having differences here and there. Every sibling is bound to have some argument at some point lol. But being an only child is pretty lonely. And the majority of people have at least one sibling haha. A lot of people consider you lucky, as they think you get whatever you want or all of your parents attention but honestly it doesn’t work that way. It’s just the same as it’d be for anybody else and there aren’t some major extra benefits from being an only child. You don’t have a sibling to look up to or one you can teach. I don’t know if I want any children in the future but if I do, I’d want two. Nothing more, nothing less. I guess one is okay but id want my child to have a sibling.

• I just want twins girls.

• I want 3 but seeing as i'm still single, i have to give up this dream 😅😅

• I'd like two ideally. I don't want them to outnumber my boyfriend and I 😂😂😂

• Four

• I love them, but none.

• I want 5 children.

I think I’m likely to have none.

• i want one child... a girl

but if i have a boy first i'll have 2 and if it's not a girl, i'd probs give up there

• three kids

• A bunch of cats ^^

• Probably 1. 2 if I end up having twins haha

• Twins are really interesting, but I'd probably be dead tired if I had twins.

• Minimum 2
    Maximum 4