When applying foundation (makeup), do you also apply it on your neck?

Foundation is generally marketed as face makeup. There are however some sites that recommend applying it to your neck as well (because the face and the neck are often not the same shade, as the face gets more sun exposure).

When applying foundation, do you put some on your neck as well? For those that do- do you coat your whole neck (everything visible) or just blend it downwards from the chin?
  • No, just on my face
  • Yes, I cover my whole neck as well
  • Yes, I blend it downwards from my chin (but I do not cover my whole neck)
    Vote C
  • I don't use foundation, but I want to see the answers.
    Vote D

527

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're applying the foundation all over your skin, then yes, you should blend it out to your neck. You don't have to apply it directly to your neck, just blend it enough that the line between naked skin and makeup is gradual and isn't an actual line. Personally though, I think that's just too much and should only be done if you have acne on your cheeks. If you have pretty clear skin, you really just need it on your t-zone and just blend it out from there.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should blend it... its a waste of makeup jesus Christ! You use foundation to basically cover blemishes and unwanted spots on your face an even it out the surface of the skin. Kind of like priming a wall before applying the paint.