Do women like seeing men in speedos at the beach or the pool?

Can it be hot depending on the guy? Or is it always a no-no?

257

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 24

What Guys Said 7

• It's cultural. Some women in America like it, but it's not popular to like so most that do won't say anything. In other countries it's more acceptable and common to wear which plays a role in what's considered attractive. No girl that thinks Michael Phelps is attractive says he needs to put on swim trunks instead of speedos.

• Nah, Phelps would be hotter in trunks.

If we're ogling swimmers, we're focusing on the upper body... and we're *tolerating* the speedo, only because it's literally the job uniform.

When any dude who ISN'T an Olympic swimmer tries to pull off a speedo, he just looks like he's cross-dressing. Is there a girl out there somewhere who finds crossdressers hot? Perhaps, but, she ain't me.

• @redeyemindtricks

Kind of making my points for me lol.

1. It's cultural
      2. No girl says he "needs" to change.

In your culture it's not appealing, but you're also tolerating it.

• In Italy I wore one a few times lol, it cool and fun lol, I felt so nervous but you eventually just say "fuck it" and then you feel invincible

😎

In the USA however they aren't as excepted so I just wear swim trunks

• Nice! I've done it here in the US a few times...

• Haha it would be social suicide to wear a speedo in my friend group, the guys would never let it go 😂

I only wear it with my family in Italy because it's normal over there

• My understanding is that if he's physically fit, then it's hot. if He's not, then it's disturbing. (it actually sounds a little hypocritical now that I've said it myself.)

• My dad has always lots of attention from women in his speedo but he has an atlethic build and we are European lol.

• I think girls prefer short swimming shorts (not the surf type)

• Short answer no, long answer absolutely not

• I usually just wear a normal bathing suite