Do women like seeing men in speedos at the beach or the pool?

Can it be hot depending on the guy? Or is it always a no-no?

257

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 24

• if the guy is my type facially

• Can't say as that I do. It actually makes me look away!

• Haven't seen a guy yet that can pull that look off 😀

• An absolute no-no. I've seen men in speedos and its ugly. I hate speedos!

• I'm sorry but speedos look like panties. It's ridiculous.

• Not really and I did swim team for 8 years. Somehow even though my team had some Olympians throughout the years these guys bodies were never that hot of bodies. Maybe it's the cap and bulge. But usually pale white kids and then girls that just looked like guys were the best swimmers of all.

I managed to compete in the butterfly without ever getting bulky. I had really defined back muscles and arms but my legs were fine.

I was always too slow for any other stroke though. My quads got firm from the butterfly but never big genetics I guess.

• Hmmm. Not my thing to be honest but to each their own. I like a good pair of board shorts on a man.

• I don't find it hot at all for some reason... I love nice legs, but am. not a fan of a speedo...

• no.. but I have the sense you want to wear them, so go for it, but it's not a turnon

• Unless you on the swim team I don't see a reason for em

• I'm not personally a fan of speedos. I think if he is down to that, then just be nude.

• I haven't come across a guy who can pull it off yet.

• Nope! Reminds me of my dad!!

• I'm sure there is a long story behind that comment but probably not something that should be repeated here! :)

• Hahaha I don't think they were THAT far in the gutter, just on the humorous edge of it. ;)

• Hah! I mean, I was definitely thinking more along the lines of younger, very fit men wearing speedos. Not older out of shape guys :p

• not a fan of banana hammocks.

• OMG, no lol

• Noooope.

• I don't like them.

• nope, doesn't look good to me

• No thanks.

• ... because women aren't really attracted to the male body.

• @amphet11 not true at all. I'd choose naked before I chose the see him in tighty whity briefs or a speedo. It actually distracts from me enjoying the male body.

• It's hot if the guy has the body to flaunt them.

• You seem more open minded than most. Just about all women have said they hate speedos regardless of body.

• I try to view most subjects from both parties perspectives.

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 7

• It's cultural. Some women in America like it, but it's not popular to like so most that do won't say anything. In other countries it's more acceptable and common to wear which plays a role in what's considered attractive. No girl that thinks Michael Phelps is attractive says he needs to put on swim trunks instead of speedos.

• Nah, Phelps would be hotter in trunks.

If we're ogling swimmers, we're focusing on the upper body... and we're *tolerating* the speedo, only because it's literally the job uniform.

When any dude who ISN'T an Olympic swimmer tries to pull off a speedo, he just looks like he's cross-dressing. Is there a girl out there somewhere who finds crossdressers hot? Perhaps, but, she ain't me.

• @redeyemindtricks

Kind of making my points for me lol.

1. It's cultural
      2. No girl says he "needs" to change.

In your culture it's not appealing, but you're also tolerating it.

• In Italy I wore one a few times lol, it cool and fun lol, I felt so nervous but you eventually just say "fuck it" and then you feel invincible

😎

In the USA however they aren't as excepted so I just wear swim trunks

• Nice! I've done it here in the US a few times...

• Haha it would be social suicide to wear a speedo in my friend group, the guys would never let it go 😂

I only wear it with my family in Italy because it's normal over there

• My understanding is that if he's physically fit, then it's hot. if He's not, then it's disturbing. (it actually sounds a little hypocritical now that I've said it myself.)

• My dad has always lots of attention from women in his speedo but he has an atlethic build and we are European lol.

• I think girls prefer short swimming shorts (not the surf type)

• Short answer no, long answer absolutely not

• I usually just wear a normal bathing suite