Do these polo shirts look attractive/good?

I'm starting a new job and these fall within the dress-code, but I want to know if the ladies here think they are good looking shirts.

Do these polo shirts look attractive/good?Do these polo shirts look attractive/good?

I wanted to ask before I buy, since I need at least 7. They will be worn with slacks and sensible work shoes.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 46

• not really a fan.. plain fabric would have been nicer than these details

0|0
    0|0
  • They sort of look... like they'll age you. What kind of job is it? Do you have to dress smart? Wear a button up shirt and a jacket and smart shoes. You'll look so much better if you make an effort. These are ok I guess but not my favourite? The only polo shirts I like are like Fred Perry ones TBH.

1|0
    0|0
    • But if I had to choose the green one is ok. Don't just buy 7 of these. Have some variety in your wardrobe.

• Aging me a bit was the idea, I'm 22 but look much younger, and am the youngest of my coworkers by about 2 decades.

• But you want to look smart and cool surely? You can look mature without looking frumpy! A nicely cut suit with a nice tie and a shirt and a good pair of shoes will age you but look nice.

• no i don't and i am very into fashion i actually want it as a career. you could do a lot better! those look cheap and kinda like an old fat guy who drinks a ton of beer type of shirt. if it's for work why not invest in something nice? do you have a barneys or anything near you?

4|0
    0|0
  • In the age group your in, no. That's more of an old guy look. As a female the most attractive is dress shirts no pockets on it, black dress pants, show us girls a bit of booty with dress shoes, no tie.

2|0
    0|0
  • I personally think they would make u look older than u r cuz it looks like something my grandfather would wear but I guess u could get away with just a plain one no pattern though

0|1
    0|0
  • They are kind of old school. I guess they are okay if you have to wear them for work or something. But I don't know many people that buy polo style shirts just to wear them anymore.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you had a nice bod and the polo was tucked in black dress pants, tightly fitting the body, it would look hella fine. But if it's like the guy in the second picture, no

0|1
    0|1
  • Not my thing to be honest. Looks a bit old fashioned and boring to me.

1|1
    0|0
  • They look acceptable but uninteresting to me - however I guess that depends what colours you wear - I would not wear dull colours - get something sleek and trendy.

0|1
    0|0
  • They look like something that only my father wears. Like 50+ year old thing.

2|2
    0|0
  • Look nice. Just wear good perfume and it'll make it even nicer.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are.. ok, but really not anything more. Wear them at work but I wouldn't pull it on when I went out to be social if I was you..

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do flannel or color checkers patterns. Like this. Solid colors with thread patters of the same color look good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sir,

They are nice if you wanted to be seen as aged matured guy. Depends on your body types too.

If you're the type of skinny/average guy, go for this polo shirt. It would make you seems tough+ matured. No problem if you wanted to choose plain color (example baby blue, soft yellow or red) without the pattern because it will make you seems complete fresh and energized.

If you're the chubby- more chubby type guy, please pick plain color with darker bold tone. It would make your figure seems average. Earth color is good as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • The two on the right (greenish and grey) but I would go for a plaid button up. m. kohls. com/product/prd-2522697/mens-rock-republic-modern-plaid-button-front-shirt. jsp

0|0
    0|0
  • dress shirts are really nice. bottom downs are a good compromise too

0|0
    0|0
  • kind of plain and boring looking, but they look good on my dad. Are there no better colors/patterns?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think those look just fine for work attire if they fit your office dress code.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on who's wearing them and how they're worn tbh. Also age.

0|0
    0|0
  • not with that model but I'm sure with a guy that's in his 20s it would look just fine

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 38

• I don't really like the baggy style in the photo you posted, I would go for something that is more of a slim fit. Like this: cdna.lystit.com/.../...158-0-765451383-normal.jpeg

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want to look like a middle aged dad, go ahead. Otherwise, try for more vibrant, solid colours, or athletic looking polos. The nicest ones I've found as far as fit and style are from Cross Golf. I haven't been able to find the particular ones I wear online though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless you plan to go golfing, stick with the solid colors. Polo shirts are overpriced cheap crap anyway. Your lucky if they last you a couple years with the way they shrink and discolor when you wash/dry them. Their only advantage is the color selection over other brands that sell polo type shirts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mate I know I'm a guy and you addressed the ladies but I would go with less patterns and just solid colored shirts. Perhaps black, grey, red even. Studies have been done on this and according to them women usually find black and red the most attractive colors. What do you think ladies? Am I right or full of shit?

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been a fan of polo shirts. Button-down shirts not only have the capacity to look more formal, but also just look better on people even casually.

Even if it's short sleeved, button down shirts just look way better than polos.

0|0
    0|0
  • Van Heusen's target customer base is 50+. I'd go for a short sleeve button up shirt over a polo, depending on what kind of work you do. Pick some nicer colours that complement your skin tone

0|0
    0|0
  • these look like what a 40 year old single dad would wear at a mixer go with a solid color fitted Polo Shirt instead

0|1
    0|0
  • I worked in menswear on and off for six years. I approve :-)

0|1
    0|0
  • Personally I hate checks and stripes - I go with plain colour or with hawian shirt style patern - but that's my own bugbear.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're fine. A button-up is much more refined though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not liking the fit bro it's really loose you'll look okay but what are your alternatives?

0|0
    0|0
    • I have a lot of alternatives, but I do need it to be a little loose. I conceal carry so the shirt has to be a little big.

• Those look like something a very old man would wear, go for something much more youthful

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah but don't pop the collar and look like a douche

0|0
    0|0
  • Boring AF ZZZZZZZZZZ

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude, all depends on how you look.

0|0
    0|0
  • please tell me you didn't buy them