What do I wear if I'm meeting his parents and having a meal with them?

What do I wear if I'm meeting his parents and having a meal with them?What do I wear if I'm meeting his parents and having a meal with them?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Id say first one, to be more formal but you dont know. Ask your boyfriend. He will know his parents better than anyone here does.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well his favourite colour is red, hence the dress and he likes dresses but he doesn't see anything wrong with a contrast blazer and looking more formal

• Lol, im pretty sure your boyfriend will love you in that dress. However your meeting his parents so you have to consider them. First impressions are everything believe it or not. If i was in this position i wouldn't care what you wear.

• Very true. Thank you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Both are OK. Its very formal. How are his parents? Are they formal people or very casual? That must determine how you dress. They have to feel at ease too.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

What Girls Said 30

• You'll survive the meeting with either or, but I would go with the dress. It's sweet, modest, ladylike--all those things his parents probably want for their son.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the first one. =)

0|0
    0|0
  • Second one. Other than wanting to make a good first impression, you should be putting a bit of yourself into what you wear too :) It will make you feel better, not overly nervous and his parents will get to see the real you

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the first one is better! It's always good to be a bit conservative the first time seeing him, also you might want to wear maybe some boots with socks if you are at their house, because bare feet might be weird

0|0
    0|0
  • Knee or low thigh length dress with tights and safe heels and a cardigan. Smart casual combo. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • I love your first outfit! But for going to meet his parents the second once is perfect! Love your style btw!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the first one is too formal, like something you'd wear to a business meeting. But the second one looks pretty and respectable

0|0
    0|0
  • I say the first outfit will be appropriate for the occasion age cute.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I would go for outfit No.2, it's very feminine and extremely appropriate for the occasion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress you look like you're going on an interview in the first one be who you are

0|0
    0|0
  • Both look like good options. :) if they are more traditional go for the bottom one since its more feminine, and if not go for the top one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think either one is cute and appropriate depending on where you're going.

0|0
    0|0
  • The red dress is really pretty! Hope you have a great time ^-^

0|0
    0|0
  • no 2 definitely better and u look charming and lovely

0|0
    0|0
  • The latter option... First outfit is too business-y.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd go for the first one, not the dress :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you xx I can always rely on your opinion :) We need to catch up!!!

• dress!

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely the dress

0|0
    0|0
  • 2nd one

0|0
    0|0
  • The dress... you look more relaxed in that dress.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes