Why do girls wear chokers like they are some enslaved animal? Doesn't this demean them?

Sure it is sexy, however, it is also like marking yourself as being submissive and a slave. It is similar to those neck chains people would put around slaves in ancient Rome. Isn't this demeaning sexually? Don't you want equal treatment as a gender? Or will you do anything to impress a man, even if that means catering to his dominating tendencies.
Updates:
I suspect it is because girls like being treated like animals.

1|4

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a good one...

My boyfriend being 41 thinks this same thing.
    When he sees girls wearing these he thinks they want to get fucked BDSM style and that this is there way of showing men that's what they want from them.
    I think that's a stupid way of thinking and shows ne where the mans mind is at...
    We as women wear them because they look good and are in style at this point in time thats all.

6|3
    1|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 54

• 7|3
    0|1
  • i wear a choker and i'm not a feminist so i'm not bothered by what it might entail but i'll admit i've always gave my boyfriends blowjobs and i'm not exactly embarassed by the fact that i do... and i never met a man who didn't want them or didn't like them so let's not pretend... although a feminist might be offended by this

2|6
    1|0
    • So you don't believe you have the right to vote or drive? You can be a feminist and enjoy sex and be submissive or dominant... feminism is both: a woman should be seen as an equal, respectful figure who is open about her sexuality and desires, focus can be more on the first statement than the second, but the point is that it is up to the woman to decide if she wants to be a cougar or a boss or both or whatever else.
      You can be a feminism who is a housewife, it is about choice. So feminism would disagree that it is fair for a woman to be forced to marry early and have kids, where her husband forbids her from working and insists she stays at home and cleans, but it would encourage a woman who agreed with her partner to stay at home and look after the house and kids voluntarily, until she feels ready to go back to working, her husband being supportive regardless.

• Show All
    • @victoriaxoxo isn't feminism about not wearing any miniskirts, make up, dating men and allowing them to pay for dinners... a feminist i gathered wouldn't allow that nor allow a man to hold a door for her... that was my understanding of being a feminist... but if it's not sure i'm for those things you mentioned definitely

• No... feminism is about choice. So a feminist would both support a nerdy girl who stays at home, studies and never goes out and the girl who sleeps around and has fun (considering she takes precautions to stay clean etc.), as soon as it is about choice. Feminism is also concerned with male rights, much of the concept is based on the principle that women should have a choice and be independent because we are human and because it isn't fair on males to put so much weight on their shoulders. Therefore if a guy offered to pay for a girl who happens to be a feminist she should decline and offer to split the bill because she can pay for herself so there is no need for him to waste his hard-earned money on her. I think you might be referring to feminazis; women that are convinced that males are biologically wired to oppress females and sexualise and rape us and to fight this regime females ought to scream and assault every male who chivalrously offers to pay for them.

• You sir are a pretty twisted individual. It's just a piece of jewelry. I suspect you think bracelets are symbolic of shackles keeping us enslaved as well.

10|1
    0|1
  • Chokers used to be worn by prostitutes so others knew what they were. Also some women like being submissive and a slave. Most women just find it as a fashion trend

0|7
    0|0
  • I think chokers make nice accessories, they add a sexy edge to a lot of outfits. But I never wear them because men have it in their heads that it means something sexual, particularly blowjobs. I see a lot of really pretty ones that I'd love to wear but then I stop and remember that everyone will think I'm DTF if I do.

0|3
    0|0
    • Girls give BJ's get over it

• Show All
    • @Brah63926 Most guys do, don't trust your guy mates when they tell you they don't give head, regardless of the guys name, religion, socioeconomic status, 90% guys that I have met give head, 30-40% lick ass too :). And I don't go for a specific type of guy either, I have experience with a wide mix of guys, eventually they all submit. And I don't know about tattoos because they can often indicate a different lifestyle, but I wouldn't take it this far with chokers, they honestly just frame the girls face. Keep in mind that most girls with chokers would be usually found in bars and clubs, places where girls go to have fun and/or get laid. So your assertion that girls who wear chokers are necessarily more freaky, is the equivalent of me saying that if I move to Sweden and there of the 10 times I get laid, 7 of those guys are blond, it must mean that blondes are freakier than guys of any hair color.

• I wear chokers because I like them I certainly don't find it demeaning in any way

4|2
    0|0
    • Do you like to be choked? or seen too many videos with it?

• Show All
    • Dave Chappelle had a skit about this:
      https://youtu.be/fL-1kHxsavI

• so true.

• I think you tried to wear one and it cut off circulation to your brain, dear. It's a trendy accessory, not just something to fulfill some fetish. And I dont wear them for men. Quite frankly, I don't give a fuck about a man's opinion unless he's paying for my clothes and accessoriesπŸ‘

3|1
    1|1
  • I wear a chocker bcause I hate feeling free I have feeling that people all over the world are not free so I don't want to act richer or wealthier then they are so to do so I wear a chocker so I'm not free. my boyfriend says that I'm his maid and he controls me but I still love him.

1|2
    0|0
    • @PromasMorris How do you not feel free by wearing a choker? How does he control you?

• Show All
    • @MysteriousDarkness he is 16 and I don't get much time alone but idc as long as I m being held by someone that's really all I care aboit he controls all of me but I love him so that's all that matters

• @PromasMorris I am going to say something that you will not like. The relationship is toxic. It is too one way. In the long run it could get worse.

• I personally think its just a fashion trend that will eventually die out. Also i actually really like it. It's just a neclace and i dont really see what the problem with it is. Goes with a lot of outfits πŸ‘

3|2
    1|0
  • Chokers have been around for 1,000's of years. They were worn to protect or used as a symbol of power. It does not demean women in any way shape or form.

3|4
    1|0
  • There are many reasons why we do it, I personally wear chokers and collars for cosplay and role-play purposes. Many men fetishize being dominate over women, that's how it got started. It's basically a sexual fetish.

1|3
    0|0
  • Well, i don't like them, but it is used as an acc. To make clothes or whatever that girl wearing so much better. And they don't have any hidden meanings, just an ordinary accessory.

1|0
    0|0
    • Except in the mind of men. It has plenty of meaning there.

• I like them... but not the stupid 12 year old novelty kind. freaking do it right. leather strap... metal ring... I do enjoy being a sub and I'm a freak, but I wear them because I like them. I like being different. except now that its trendy, everyone is

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes. I like women admitting that they are my slaves through fashion statements as well... glorious... empowering...

• I'm a sub, proud of it, and very much enjoy being a sub. But while we're on the topic:
    Ear Piercing was originally a status symbol. Men with both ears pierced were considered most wealthy.

High heeled shoes were originally worn by men because height was also a status symbol.

Corsetry was practiced by both sexes as a corset forced you to stand straighter, taller, and carry yourself more regally.

Women didn't usually have money of their own, so the men carried the coin purse.

Shoulder pads, now commonly found in women's blouses were also originally a male accouterment, because wide shoulders gave the impression of a broad body, also a sign of power.

1|4
    1|1
  • We want them because we like how they look... Has nothing to do with what you're talking about.

1|1
    0|0
    • I like how you look too... MWAHAhaahAHHAhaHAHAaa!
      Pervy eye power!!

• Show All
    • Girls don't like being treated like animals.

• They need to stop acting as one.

• Lmfao #anonlogic

It's a fashion trend dude, relax.

1|3
    0|0
  • What kind of stupid make a big deal about a piece of jewelry?

2|4
    0|0
  • Even I wore the choker whenever I want to feel sexy (underneath my hijab, at home, during my dancing workout), nothing to feel like a slave or what, it's just a fashion/trend

1|0
    0|0
  • Not all women think the same so you can't talk about "Don't you want" when we all don't want the same things let alone it's cloth or w. e the fuck it is doesn't say nothing about their personalities

0|0
    0|0
  • Let's skip the fluff, go ahead and put the Dave Chapelle video in the comments.

2|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 42

• Your looking into it way too much and i bet you just made this question to get off to answers. They wear it because they want to and it's in fashion nowdays

7|1
    0|0
    • Like good slaves. I'm not saying having women as sexual slaves is a bad thing.
      Hey, if they want to act like it, I'll let them.
      After all, it seems to be doing good things for those Saudis.
      They are popping out a lot of pretty girls because of their oppressive treatment of women.

• Show All
    • It's for fashion.

• Yeah they used to be worn by prostitutes and guys used to wear heels as a sign of importance and stature. pretty sure a guy in heels doesn't have that image now. times change

• It's called a necklace that's tight. That's it. Thats like saying wearing bracelets are demeaning cause they are like handcuffs or wearing a jacket is like a straight jacket

6|2
    0|1
  • A choker like that is not at all choking her. It is just a pretty necklace.
    The dog collar and emo collars are what you are referring too.
    My answer is that they enjoy feeling like an animal while wearing a dog collar. Some women like the feeling of it. While others do it for looks or cause they enjoy how it looks.
    It all depends on the girl. My innocent freind wore a choker like that one time and it surprised the heck out of me. When I asked her about it. She just said it was a nice piece of jewelry and she enjoyed how she looked in it.
    My other freind who wore dog collars when asked said that she enjoyed the slight choking feeling it gave her.
    All women are different and wear different things for different reasons. It is usually very bad to generalize things with a big group of people.

3|2
    0|0
  • No. Choakers are about as closely related to what you think of as socks are to shoes. They go on the same body part, they might look.. vaguely the same.. but they are completely different.

Besides even if they were wearing straight up dog/cat collars does not mean they want to be treated as animals. This whole "I look like this so treat me accordingly" was bullshit when people said women asked to be raped by how they dressed and its bullshit now.

0|0
    0|0
  • The fact that it is called a "choker" doesn't mean it is demeaning. It is just a neckless which is tight to the throat, nothing more.

2|0
    0|0
    • exactly! Where are guys like you in real life?

The Netherlands apparently?

• @victoriaxoxo Oh I just saw your comment! I am indeed from the Netherlands :)

I am not even sure why anyone would think a choker is a negative symbol or something like that.
      That update the question asker added 2 days ago... holy shit. Some men are really delusional it seems.

• I fucking love chokers, I see one and sexual ideas flourish through my mind. Maybe women do like to be treated like animalistic slaves (and maybe I like treating them like one) and they won't admit it obviously but why does it matter. Takes a real man to treat a woman like that in bed and equally outside.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not like slaves, but if you plank in bed we might complain. The choker is just something that frames one's face, that is all.

• @victoriaxoxo It's just my interpretation, I doubt there is a specific answer since it is a fashionable piece of item. All I know is if I see a woman with a choker compared to one without, I will see her as a much more appealing meal.

• Yes it is. And it's also sexy to us men. Girls will do anything to be sexy these days, probably just a generational fad, but a great time to be a guy 😜

1|1
    1|0
    • No, girls and guys both do quite a bit to get laid nowadays, but wearing a choker isn't one of them...

• Hum I must be really lucky then

• Because sometimes they are an enslaved animal. It's just a fashion statement. The statement is usually something along the lines of "Come fuck me, I do it like an animal and it takes less effort than average to get in my pants". That's been my experience anyway. Hell as far as fashion statements to me it's more demeaning that some black guy wears his pants half down his ass with the pant legs getting tripped over. Whoever's idea that originally was is a moron.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they're really hot, myself. It might have something to do with some subtle suggestion that a girl who wears one is 'punishable' or something, but mostly, I think it accentuates a girl's neck. And necks are sexy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a man who wears chokers. Not the kinds you are thinking of but more like these:

www.rivithead.com/.../...leather-choker-14cls.html

www.rivithead.com/.../2-row-pyramid-choker.html

What does it say about me?

0|0
    0|0
  • I am admiring why do girls leashing themeslves like animals !!
    One time a stupid gir sent back PM asking me a about her leashing Chocker
    And it turned out that she is truly animal
    Like what everyone here said LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think women wear it for that reason. But some bdsm collars for public wear do look a lot like chokers. Its mainly not to arouse suspicion.

2|1
    0|0
  • Not bad for troll bait. You're missing something, though... maybe a few buzz words like 'LGBT', 'heteronormative' and 'patriarchy', just to name a few. Use these tools wisely for maximum kek.

For Kekistan!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you're just reading into it too much. It's just a necklace

2|2
    0|0
  • Don't judge a book by it's cover.
    https://i.imgur.com/OH6rN7v.gif

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol, all of chicks are over you cause of this shit, for sure its sexy AF but there was no reason to add it on ''Sexual Behaviour'' in the beginning lmao.

0|0
    0|0
  • chokers are very sexy... just like earrings or perfume.. lets not get carried away here ! lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Um, because it's a fashion trend and they are cute? Not demeaning at all

1|1
    0|0
  • It just draws attention to their sexy, feminine necks that's all.

1|1
    0|0
  • Its just a piece of jewelry mate... You watch too much bdsm...

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes