What is the difference between cute and handsome?

what do you actually mean when you say cute, good looking, handsome, hot?
what makes you say only that specific term?
is there a way to change the term (like from cute to handsome)?

104

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll do a celeb comparison.
    Jimmy Fallon, Adam Devine cute
    Zac efron, Ryan gosling, David Beckham hot
    hemsworth brothers, Colin Farrel good looking
    Army Hammer, tom Hiddleston handsome

They ALL are attractive. For me it's about approachability. Cute guys are in my league and down to earth, possibly boyfriend material--I'd walk up to them in a bar. Hot guys are out of my league and I wouldn't even try to talk to them, just look and hope they don't see me. Good looking are the ones that that don't have any one great feature and overall look almost hot. I'd be nervous to approach a good looking guy. And then there's handsome- I see them and say that's my futuee husband. They have it all. Down to earth vibe, but they look so good it hurts. Charismatic. They are very approachable because they're looks aren't like sex symbol hotness and they feel less intemidating. They look like they could have kids but still look really really good.

If I went on a casual date with a cute guy and for another date he wore a suit and got cleaned up I'd tell him he was handsome.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• i never say good looking, handsome, and hot
    i always say cute like that means that you find the person attractive.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE