Dewy or matte finish?

Dewy or matte finish?

Those that don't know what I'm on about, it's basically to do with the finish that the skin leaves after applying makeup.

Dewy: has a moist appearance and is probably more glowing
Matte: is more velvety and has a powdery texture

I love the matte look but can never pull it off, I tend to always look abit ghostly 😣

• Dewy
  • Matte

1612

What Guys Said 12

• I feel like the dewy look just makes you look greasy.

• What difference does it make they both look fake af with it capped on. Seriously it's like going to bed with one woman and that same woman in the morning is not the same fucking women... guys like a little, not a lot... we don't do Barbie dolls that somehow have a facial mental breakdown during there so called beauty sleep... goblin sleep more like
    Moral of the story ladies.. less is more.

• 4d

Well each to their own. Look at the poll, CLEARLY most guys voted for that matte fake look so.

• I love Matte. It's so European and NATURAL. I like women that accentuate their features instead of hide them. YES, you can accentuate with all the colors of the rainbow but natural complimenting colors makes me (personally) think higher of that person.

• Matte looks awful. It's just so blatantly fake - it makes you look like a transvestite.
    Dewy looks hot, but only because I'm a perv and get turned on by sweaty girls...

• Yeah cause this is the type of question I want featured, as a guy...

• In the title photo, I'd say matt; it looks more natural. But in the A & B photos, it just looks caked on, and textureless. I would hesitate to kiss that face for fear of the harsh chemical taste.

• Dewy

• Neither, these thicc layers of make up infuriate me.

• Matte...

• Dewy makes your face look like its covered in oil

• Both are bad for your skin on a longer term but if you must then matte

• @caramelcookie Do you think if I put up anyone of these I will impress my crush?

What Girls Said 16

• Dewy has always been my jam...
    I don't care at all for matte... especially because then you can see any dry patches on your skin - if you have any.

• I prefer dewey because I have dry skin and matte foundations usually dry my skin out even more haha

• I like dewy. Matte just looks like you're trying to cover up your own skin, it doesn't look pretty to me.

• cross between matte and dewy. I don't want to look cakey but still want to look natural making my skin breathe.

• 4d

Same girl👏🏽

• 4d

nice. what do you use? I use Wet N Wild Photo Finish Foundation and is cheap! lol I am able to wear it throughout the day with no hassles. One touch up is enough.

• 4d

I've used a few
      Makeup forver
      Nars
      Clarins

And not satisfied with any, 😑I'm yet to find a foundation I'm happy with lol

• Dewey just looks greasy.

• I prefer the dewy look but my face gets oily so quick so I can never pull it off 😭

• My skin's already naturally dewy and I hate how it looks, so I tend to go for a matte finish.

• Matte is nicer to me, but my makeup always looks dewy because I'm a greasy face, maybe I need to order online special high quality products or something.

• Matte. I don't like dewy.

• Matte

• Definitely matte.

• Combo

• Matte coz I'm super oily. and If i put highlighter abd setting spray afterwards, i won't look as ghostly and my natural oil would emerge later anyway 😅

• I like dewy.

• matte

• Dewy in the night
    And matte during day

Although I'm not fond of wearing make up!