Sexy flight attendants?

I've read in the news lately that people (Mainly women) are complaining about the length of the skirts that Air Asia has made part of the uniform.
What do you think? To much leg? Sexy flight attendants?

737

Most Helpful Guy

• Why don't they just not work there? Its like getting a job at hooters and then complaining that customers keep checking you out. Air Asia is clearly trying to display a certain type of flight attendant. Nobody is forcing them to work there.

Most Helpful Girl

• When one wears any type of uniform, it should be functional as to the purposes of your job. I'm not a flight attendant, but if they are having to bend over to reach customers, or squat down to get things up and are being exposed, or there is proof that more harassment is happening to them in correlation to the shorter skirts, then for them, yes, it may be too short. I know similar issues have happened with US female flight attendants, and now most airlines at least offer a shorts or pants version for their uniforms.

For some countries though, an air hostess is still meant to be more of a model or a symbol of the brand... literally to stand there and look pretty, and the uniforms correlate to that, but they also need to be able to do their jobs, because no one wants someone standing there and looking pretty when their plane is going down in flames.