Is 5’5 (165cm) considered short for a girl these days?

I am 5’5 or 165cm. Most people are taller than me, even by a few inches. I only know a few people that that shorter.

My taller friends like to tease me by saying “you’re very short...” or “why are you so short?”

I also get asked why I’m so small too. I’m 100lbs or 45kg.

It’s my height considered short for my age or is it also because I’m really small?

722

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• depends where you are for both. places where your weight & height is greater on average & places where its less. per earths population 5 ft 5 on average is not short for a woman. but there are many tall women and you will be short by comparison. more short women though. than tall.

What Guys Said 21

• Dont pay attention to the teasing

• This is average height for a girl in Canada. But you are under weight. Increase your weight by 20 lbs , and you will look better.

• I wouldn't consider it short. I would say 5 feet is short. But then again I like women around your height.

• Im not a doctor, so I don't know the average height for you age. But try not to look at from a medical perspective. It also depends on nationality, Asian men and women tend to be more petite, Latin men and women tend to be stocky.

And it also depends on who you ask Im 6"7, 210lbs. So anyone who isn't 6"0 to me is short I prefer short girls, so I guess Im biased.

• I’m 6’0 but I think shorter girls are really cute and I would say your about average for a girl🙂

• It's not that short I think, i'd consider under 5'2 short

• I see nothing wrong with short girls. I'm between 5'8" and 5"9" .

• It's on the shirt side, but not that short. That said, I'm 6'7 (200cm) so everyone is short to me.

• Will you reach 7’ or have you stopped growing? And do you fit through doorways?

• I stopped growing when I was 16, haha 😁 *most* doors, yes... not all and that's worse, because headbumps xD

• That is average for half the world...

• I dunno what exactly this post means.. if u are attractive smart and have a command with beautiful. skills that rate u high in the social circle.. boy u are a hot property

• short girls are often seen as cute but if you are a short guy then people are like is there something wrong with you?

• Thanks, I'm a guy 5'5 short :P

• No, its ok for me. I am 5 foot 10 by the way.

• It's short, that's not a bad thing though

• I have a tall sister so compared to her you are short but not too short

• Normal for girls

• Anything below 5'2" is short.

• Suitable for 172 cm men likeeeee mee

• Nope its perfect dear

• Thats pretty normal i think

• In Sweden, yes. In France, no. Depends on where.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think you're short. I'm the same height as you and I consider myself average. Your friends are probably very tall, that's why they say you're short.
    There's nothing wrong with your height and body structure.

• I'm 159 so you're not so short

• I think it's average.

• Not at all. You're just surrounded by giants. 😅

• I once heard a 6’ person call a 5’9 person short. I’m like “okay, so I’m short...”

• That might be a tad short for a guy, but 5'9" for a girl is pretty tall.

• You are not shor5. Im 4'10

• I wish I had your height and weight.