Is 5’5 (165cm) considered short for a girl these days?

I am 5’5 or 165cm. Most people are taller than me, even by a few inches. I only know a few people that that shorter.

My taller friends like to tease me by saying “you’re very short...” or “why are you so short?”

I also get asked why I’m so small too. I’m 100lbs or 45kg.

It’s my height considered short for my age or is it also because I’m really small?

722

Most Helpful Guy

• It's on the shirt side, but not that short. That said, I'm 6'7 (200cm) so everyone is short to me.

• Will you reach 7’ or have you stopped growing? And do you fit through doorways?

• I stopped growing when I was 16, haha 😁 *most* doors, yes... not all and that's worse, because headbumps xD

Most Helpful Girl

• depends where you are for both. places where your weight & height is greater on average & places where its less. per earths population 5 ft 5 on average is not short for a woman. but there are many tall women and you will be short by comparison. more short women though. than tall.