What hair length do you think looks best on men?

• What hair length do you think looks best on men?Bald
    Vote A
  • What hair length do you think looks best on men?Short
    Vote B
  • What hair length do you think looks best on men?Medium
    Vote C
  • What hair length do you think looks best on men?Long
    Vote D
  • What hair length do you think looks best on men?Shoulder-length
    Vote E
  • What hair length do you think looks best on men?Past shoulders + beyond
    Vote F
  • Something else
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I get it, it depends on the guy and it depends on their facial structure yes, but if you had to pick one length that you consider most attractive IN GENERAL which would you choose?

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm biased but medium lol. Because it's so flexible, you can style it to look neat and put together, or messy for a casual look, or high and with flair for the club.

2|0
    0|0
  • Think it depends on the guy. I think shorter tends to "masculinize" a face, if that makes any sense, since it tends to broaden it (emphasizing wider jaw, thicker neck, that sort of thing).

But the one time I agree (no homo) with girls who think a guy is extremely good-looking, it's when they have the long hair, like Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall, Orlando Bloom as Legolas, Kurt Cobain, that sort of thing. Again no homo! But I can see something resembling a "beauty" there, but I think it has to do with my ideas of beauty tied more to femininity.

media.pitchfork.com/.../Nirvana-Kurt-Cobain.jpg

3|1
    0|0
    • Like this sort of thing:
      www.hdnetmovies.com/.../...gendsOfTheFall_Blog.jpg

I can "get" that appeal sort of, since it's "pretty". :-D

• Show All
    • I tend to think of it though like "shorter hair: masculinity" and "longer hair: femininity". It's over-simplistic but it makes some sense to me. So I think some guys actually benefit from working towards a more androgynous and feminine side of the spectrum:

www.worldstopmost.com/.../...in-the-world-2019.jpg

Unfortunately I'm in that category but have been trying to become as "masculine" as I can get since I hate the idea of being "pretty", so medium or long hair tends to work best for me, but I would prefer to become more of a badass "king" than a pretty "prince".

With big and strong Western guys, they would look silly if they tried to "feminize" their appearance in any way. They're so "masculine" that they're beyond any chance of looking "pretty":

www.vistazo.com/.../joven_rock.jpg

• I am trying to become more like the second picture but until then I think medium or long hair suits me better.

Most Helpful Girls

• A combination of medium and long. I don't only like it, I love it. One could cover his forehead or else, it looks so attractive.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah same, I wanted to put something between my medium and long options, because I personally prefer something between those, but I couldn’t find a good picture.

• www.pinterest.cl/.../

It's the best and it's hard to find though. I searched for male models in order to find what I mean 😂

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 89

• I think shoulder length (or longer) hair looks best on both sexes. Hair is a key component of physical attractiveness in women. It was only through a few hundred years of societal conventions that it ceased to be so for men too.

Said societal conventions were presumably either a deliberate attempt to make males and females more readily distinguishable in order to reinforce gender roles, or a natural consequence of men doing most of the manual labor, for which long hair is impractical.

The latter is more likely, because if you look to any nations governed by royalty throughout history, such as Medieval Europe or eras of East-Asian dynasties, male nobles often had long hair because they didn't participate in manual labor, and as a result, long hair was largely associated with wealth and thus considered highly attractive.

Either way, there's really no reason to cut one's hair so short in the modern era. It's quite an unnatural thing, and it baffles me that so many people don't find it attractive. Long hair is meant to be indicative of good health and high socioeconomic class.

1|1
    0|0
    • What if the guy-- or girl-- just likes their hair cut short? Or they find it more practical? It doesn't have to be forced lots of guys I know prefer shorter hair.

• Show All
    • No one’s criticizing you here dude, no need to get defensive about it. It’s just my personal opinion, which shouldn’t matter to you.

• I know you're not criticizing me. I'm just frustrated with being regarded as less of a man over something so asinine, and that so many people perpetuate this attitude without even being aware of it. My beef isn't with you, or any one person.

• I think the safest range is medium - long hair, having hair that length won't ruin anyone's looks.
    Shorter than that it gets risky, for example the guy in the picture of short hair looks like potato.
    Longer than that it also gets risky, but I haven't really seen many men who look bad with long hair.
    Possibly because growing long hair takes time and dedication, so those who aren't a good match for long hair cut it long before it gets worse.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why the fux would anyone care what we as men hair looks good or better. As a woman You have the right to your own style and expression. So do men... A woman would be the first MF it's my independence as a woman to wear make up, wear skanky ass clothing, and basically have a reasoning for why they can do whatever... who the hell cares what we look like... its our body too. Wow

1|0
    0|0
    • Because... you want women to be attracted to you?

• Show All
    • You are absolutely right Carpetdenim.

• So it sickens you to hear that women have set the stage for this type of conversation.

• Medium or short with tapered sides/ low top fade. My hair has a different texture
    78.media.tumblr.com/.../...tp9vwn1ru95qpo1_500.jpg

static.idolator.com/.../...t-Da-Genius-510x382.jpg

3|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the age and person kiddo. I think that with most people nowadays... the younger kids go with longer hair. But, like after HS and getting into the workplace, men usually go with shorter or medium length hair. I'd say that the average to most way of thinking with most men.

2|0
    0|0
    • I used to have short hair, more like military type, short on the sides with a flat top, but now I'm thinking about going with medium length hair. Working on it...

• It depends on the shape of his face. Same with women. Long hair makes your face look longer, so if you already have a thin face, long hair may not be flattering. I'm straight, but I've got to admit Dwayne is beautiful. He looks best bald or with a very short crewcut

1|1
    0|0
  • I feel like girls want, as a general rule, what you don't have. I'm going bald up top and I'm only 25. I started when I was 23, but back when I had a head full of thick, curly black hair, women were always telling me to shave it off. Now days they tell me that they wish I had more hair. Too funny

1|0
    0|0
  • Short to medium. Bald only looks good on black guys... when a white guy goes bald he generally just looks like a thumb... except for Vin Diesel... that man is beautiful.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess it really depends on the hair. Short curly hair tends to get shaggy really easily, which isn't nice, but long curly hair sets well. Thinner straight hair gets greasy really easily, giving that constant wet/matted look, which again, isn't nice. It really just depends on hair type.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say short. The buzz cut suits pretty much every guy

1|0
    0|0
  • This is completely impossible to answer, diferent kinds of hair look good on some and horrible on other it's all about your face type really can't be answered in a generic way. Note that most bald men do it because they have no options left and most of the time its about genetics but yeah pretty much it

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot of men have receding hairlines and don't look half as attractive as the guys in your examples. The average joe looks best with either a shaved or short haircut. Medium length hair can also work well on most men if it's styled properly.

1|0
    0|0
  • If had u posted pic of Jason mamoa in shoulder length hair am pretty confident that it would have been voted highest 😉

I voted medium hair. Long hair looks perfect on few (only few)

1|0
    0|0
  • I have shoulder length and I like that it makes me distinct and noticeable, but I probably prefer med to long... my wife calls me her lesbian lover so I’m sure she wishes I would cut it

1|0
    0|0
  • Since I'm bald I pick bald.

2|2
    0|0
  • Medium can make SOME men look incredibly handsome (like above), but it is hard to maintain, and not every hairtype of facial structure is good for it. Short hair is universally good for most guys.
    I disagree that bald is a black only thing (some people pointed it out), the trick is to always be tanned and in shape if you are bald. And to accept that people WILL think you are a neo-nazi.

The longer ones are just... Sure, champ, go for it. You might look like a fool, but there are always chicks who want to marry a lion instead of a man.

2|1
    0|0
  • Men shouldn't have hair. They should have nice shiny heads.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the guy hair, and how he styles it. I keep my short, but sometimes I like to let it get to medium

2|0
    0|0
  • Medium. Bcoz this size of hair balances ur facial look. So ur face too looks good with ur hairs. Benefit in look as addition of face + hairs beauty.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably short or medium.. I ain't gon say it depends on the guy as well as it depends on the ethnic group too.. LOL..

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 93

• Depends on the man...
    The Rock looks best with that cut, aka., bald because he has a big body and his head would look even smaller if he had hair...
    Also C and D look great with those haircuts... But the rest don't...
    Obviously others don't know what suits them.

2|1
    1|6
  • Medium <3

2|6
    0|1
  • oooh damn I meant to say medium/"long." Although the guy in the "long" pic does not really have long hair. I would still put him in the medium category. I don't like bald guys, or guys with super long hair (past their chin).

1|0
    0|0
  • I only like the short-long range
    I’d say medium length hair would look fine on anyone, while short/long you'll need a certain facial structure
    I chose medium

1|0
    0|1
  • I prefer shaved short

1|1
    0|0
  • I picked shoulder length but I may be biased because of the photo lol... I like longer hair on guys but hair length doesn't matter that much to me

1|1
    0|0
  • Of course this depens so much on what style the man has and what fits him. But mostly the medium looks OK on every guy. Not that it is the best one though. I liveth long one. And sometimes short looks good too

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends. I personally don't like short hair, but on some people it really looks better. My preference is very long hair or bald, yeah I know 😂. But it usually really depends on the features and the style of the person.

1|0
    0|0
  • These men in these photos look each look good with the hair styles they have. Those styles might not look as good on others, and they might not look as good with other styles.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the man my dad looks good with shaved head not bald but like no guard on the razor thing my husband looks good with short on the sides thick on top so depends

1|0
    0|0
  • In general I guess short or medium length is what I usually go for. But it really does depend on the guy because all your examples look good with their hairstyles, but they wouldn't look that great if they were switched around.

1|0
    0|0
  • Medium and long

2|1
    0|0
  • I say medium/long because thats generally hot but honestly I have suuuuuuch a thing for really long hair on guys hahaha

1|1
    0|0
  • As most people say; depends so much on the guy; but I'm in favor of bald men or men with long hair. Bald or really short (military style) is something that I automatically am attracted to.

I'm not in favor of men feminizing their style or men looking like boys; to me bald tends to be manly and long is sexy (movies/celebrities play a huge part here).
    I do vary in what I go for though because personality and intelligence go first; like my ex husband was bald/military; my last relationship was a guy with hair to his waist.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like medium or short haired guys
    Even some bald guys look so gorgeous but i can't stand with long haired guys specially who have shoulder length

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that medium hair length and short hair length looks the best on men, but I like the medium hair length more.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the guy. Like my man looks better shaved bald. But o typically lean toward shorter hair. Only some guys look good with long hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • Seriously just depends on the face and the build of the man.

1|1
    0|0
  • Short to long. I picked medium for the poll. That being said, sone men pull off bald very well. I almost never like shoulder length or longer on men.

2|0
    0|1
  • In general I'd say shorter hair because a lot of guys can't pull off long hair

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes