What do you think of girls who wear makeup to the gym?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• They can do whatever they want, but personally, I think it can be a waste of makeup and suffocate the skin. Depending on the type and extent of the makeup, using it all the time you go to the gym can be a waste of money, especially if the makeup is expensive and application is heavy and if you go to the gym a lot. I understand women wear it to cover acne, scars, and other undesirable features, but if it’s not for any of those reasons, I’d probably just forego wearing makeup to the gym. Also, when you’re interval temp is raising and you’re sweating, having essentially a blanket on your face is not good I’m sure.

4|0
    0|0
  • I find them annoying, mostly due to my experience with them.

I approach everywhere, in the gym, in your car, at the mall, in your car.

So, I approach this girl with hoop earrings, she sounds so bored and offers her social media. I'm like: "I don't really do social media. . ." she offers her number, but then I feel its a moot point. Her body language, the tone of voice, her eyes. . . All signs of disinterest, I just said : "You know, it's alright. . . You don't really seem to be down."

She and her friend looked at one another and said :"Ummm okay, and then laughed." I think I took something from her that day that she wanted. Validation.

The thing is, they ALL act like this. The girl with butt and lip implants with earrings and hair extensions? Talked to her, she brought up her kids as soon as she could.

Another girl with makeup sitting on the row machine lifting a 2lb weight like it was actually doing something? Same.

It's like. . . They ALL act like this. . . They want to be seen, but the moment you try to approach them, they get all standoffish.

Also, consider how inappropriate that is. . . . Wearing gems and makeup to the gym? Like, what are you even doing here?

3|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Nothing? I often go to the gym straight from work which means that I usually have makeup on. I'm not gonna take it off just to randomly please some person I most likely will never even have a conversation with lol. I'd rather just leave it on and then take it off once I shower after working out, seems like a hassle to wash up twice.
    Also if someone were to put makeup on just because they're going to the gym, then who am I to judge? That's their decision and prerogative. I don't care. I go to the gym to focus on myself, not other people. I think that those who worry too much about what other people are wearing to or doing at the gym needs to mind their own business. Just because someone is doing something differently, it doesn't automatically mean they're in the wrong or that they shouldn't be doing it at all.

3|0
    4|1
  • Waste of makeup and suffocates the skin and causes breakouts. Back in high school I was very busy, and would go to the gym straight from school. I kept makeup wipes on me to wipe off any concealer or foundation I was wearing, simply to let my skin breathe. It's so bad for your skin.

4|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 101

• Just saw this one "fitness girl" at the gym the ither day. Tightest possible clothes ever. She kept grunting and moaning rather loudly when excercising. She kept dropping weights making noise. And when she needed someone to place some weights on her back for one set of something ofc she walked across the whole gym to ask the bulkiest guy for help in that minor task that anyone could have pulled off and there were plenty of others around her. Oh and ofc she had perfect make up on

1|1
    0|0
    • I Literally just rolled my eyes reading this

• I rolled my eyes plenty of times at the gym 😂 forgot to mention that she walked around the gym all the time doing bits of excercise everywhere as if trying to catch as much attention as she possibly could.

• Sorry. I got so bored I fell asleep. What was this about? Oh. I have a limited number of fucks to give, and I don't think this is worth being one of them. Although it reminds me of something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1GUQVo1Lps

1|0
    0|0
  • If you do wear waterproof stuff or else you'll only attract weirdo's like me with dacryphilia and love running mascara.

Personally I'm not a big makeup fan in general. A little accentuation goes a long and its easy to put on too much chasing perfection. We aren't meant to be perfect, we are beautifully flawed.

1|1
    0|0
  • I had to stop the video at "Hiiiiieeee!" That was shrill and intolerable. In any case I no longer go to gyms. I work out at home (bag's, bench, and bar; I have what I need).

But a woman who wears makeup to the gym is in my estimation likely going for the wrong reasons. Vanity has no place in self improvement.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind. I might even like it if they look pretty. I wear deodorant before going to the gym, and to be honest it's mostly for other people's (especially girl's) approval. So I'd be a hypocrite to judge, I figure.

0|0
    0|0
  • depending on their attitude and what they're doing after they come into gym, i usually think:

i think either joker or harley quinn is coming out soon

they're not actually here for a workout, more like for selfies and attention

they probably just came from work and didn't bother wiping off their makeup

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I think it's a bit of a waste because it will be sweated off anyway surely? Also, going to the gym it doesn't matter how you look, it's a shame if a girl feels the need to wear lots of make up in a gym, but I can understand if she puts it on for the journey. I should add I prefer women to be more natural than caked in make up at any time.

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol if I wear makeup to the gym it’s sweat/water proof. But that’s only if I had it on for some other event before the gym

• Well I don't use make up so had no clue it came as waterproof kind as well haha

• It's stupid. I understand that some might want to look good while working out but in all honesty people at the gym don't care about appearances unless they are conseeded and self-absorbed. This counts for men and woman, because both can be absorbed in the gym.

Wear minimal make up in my opinion. But don't bother with eyeliner/shadow or lipstick. That stuff just melts away once you start sweating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just makes me think she's there not to stay fit or be active but to say 'Looka at me I go to the gym"

1|2
    0|0
  • Puffynips blocked me because she knows im right and wanted the last word

Anyway, wearing makeup to the gym, is wrong. IT IS NOT APPROPRIATE TO FLIRT AND MEET MEN IN THE GYM

She also spelled "comings" wrong, but seeing as how she is, she likely did it on purpose

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 63

• She's either insecure about her looks (she shouldn't be, nobody looks good at the gym anyway and nobody has time to pay enough attention to her to notice any of the things she's insecure about) or is there for attention.

0|1
    0|0
  • Up to them, i don't see the point of it, but some people feel uncomfortable with no makeup on.

0|0
    0|0
  • i understand it but would just do eyeliner and mattefying primer

0|0
    0|0
  • Time and place
    sweating helps get poison out of your system, makeup blocking pours when Workingout , holds those areas as non venting sections from releasing from the makeup areas. However some of the Beverly Hills type gyms are as much about looking good while your working out. So its a double edged sword when it comes to the actual question.

0|0
    0|0
    • Except the gym, is NOT a place where you should be meeting mates. It's NOT appropriate

• Show All
    • It is NOT appropriate to meet mates in the gym. That's the rule

• Being hard headed and deciding what is and isn't appropriate for others will be the short cummings that keep you from growing.
      And futher decisions of somthing that has been broken down and explained to you in the most basic form of discussion is futile.

• I think that they can choose to wear make-up if they want, however, it can smear, or get messed up, but that's the risk that they'll take. Hopefully, they actually came to the gym to break a sweat, and not just show themselves off and do nothing. Though makeup can make a woman more confident in any public place, which I don't know really how to approach that subject.

0|0
    0|0
  • 99% of the time I won't notice. If I do, I'll think "How extra. Who's she trolling for?" and continue working out. Usually I'm too focused on not dropping weights on myself or tripping on a treadmill to notice other people, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • A Friend of mine does this. I always have to look away when she puts another Layer of make up on her sweaty face after the Workout 🤮 she won't even wash her face. She just put' s it on here old make up

0|0
    0|0
  • I go straight from work so whatever makeup I had on stays on. I only wear eyeliner and mascara though. If it's on a weekend, I'm there with my plain old face haha!

I've seem some girls that come in looking like they just spent hours doing a makeup tutorial. I don't understand that at all.

0|0
    0|0
    • Unfortunately, the only two options for me personally are: 1) Stay well clear of both. Or. 2). Be upset she's a gym-bunny or suffer the wrath of make-up talk. lol

• @AlbertsPrince lol I don't talk makeup, I keep it to the bare minimum as it is. 😂

• Haha, fair enough, not for me to protest that. ;) "Oh LOOOK at my MAAAAZZZING new GUCCI's!!" That sends me 1000m away in under 1sec. lol I browse Tinder hoping for a miracle, instead all I'm getting is a real slice of daily madness of picking from yet ANOTHER 500 potential dates. LOL. This isn't how nature does romance. No wonder it's impossible to find love. Tut tut tut.

• To each their own. I think if the girls minding her own business and she’s working out then it shouldn’t matter. The gym should always be a no judgment zone and a safe environment for people. If a girl feels more confident with makeup on then that’s her choice. No one should be ridiculed or made to feel badly because they’re doing what they want to do in order to feel good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty stupid tbh, they clearly don't care about their skin, their pores would be getting blocked because obviously they need to open to sweat. Either that or they really aren't trying to exercise and just want to look good for the guys lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes