Can I wear heels even if I’m tall?

So I’m going to a concert tonight but just in general every time o go out with my friends I feel like i can’t have quite the look I want or am going for. I tower over all my friends and so when they wear heels it makes them look normal and I’m still taller than them in flatscreen. But I always wish I could wear a cute pear of heels with out feeling like a giant. Especially when I am afraid of being too tall for guys. But I love heels and I just want to wear them with having to worry about my height. What do I do? Or what are some alternatives to still get the look I’m going for without the additional height?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You are going to slash the number of guys who approach you bc so many girls make height and issue and the odds of you being ok with it don't make it worth trying. Unless you are going to do some heavy flirting.

by the way girls say they dress up for themselves and their girl friends... but 90% of them say they suffer through wearing heels to attract men.

Other than the attracting guys thing... go for it. I love tall women. I'm 5'11" and I wouldn't mind a taller girl if she is can mentally handle it.

Heels are there to make the legs look skinnier, by making the legs look longer in relation to the torso. This is the reality and being upset about it won't change that it is a fact. So the alternative is to wearing heels is to wear tight fitting pants to emphasize slim legs.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wear them.

Guys who don’t like tall girls won’t like you either way.

You might as well look smokingly hot and stand out and impress the guys who do like tall girls.

3|1
    1|0
    • You're 5'6"? I was assuming you were 5'10+

Tall guys won't even think of you as -being- tall. I thought normal was like 5'7"-5'8" for women growing up that's what most women in my family averaged.

I still think of 5'4-5'8 as average height for women.

• Show All
    • That sounds hard. What if I learn to speak English with a Spanish accent?

Most Helpful Girls

• HELL YES! When I'm wearing heels I'm even taller than most of the guys and I love it! If you feel comfortable towering above everyone, then why not? How tall are you?

1|1
    1|0
    • Show All
    • Oh loll, well you can rock this!😁

• 5,6 isn't even that tall... I am...6,7 i think in inches? i also wear them.

• I’m 5’6.5 but I just say 5’7. I love wearing heels but my sister and friends are so short, so I feel like I look terrible with heels when they’re around. What I started doing was wearing small heels. 3 Inches max. It makes a difference, though I’m still taller than everyone but I love it tbh. And one thing I always say to myself is I should always wear heels so that I could meet a guy who’s will taller than me in heels, and he’d already be used to me in them. 😂😂

0|1
    0|0
    • How tall do you like your guys?

• Show All
    • So if a guy approaches you and he’s maybe an inch taller, would you be interested?

• I’d have to spend some time with him and see how that goes. I don’t go for looks or height alone. Character/personality matters too

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 84

• I'd say yes but here people are generally tall. My girlfriend is 180cm and still shorter than me with heels. Some guys are discouraged by tall women and some are especially attracted by taller women. Being taller can work into your advantage if you want to catch some extra looks.

0|1
    0|0
  • First of all, if you want to wear heels, then wear heels. Second, if a guy is intimated by your height and a guy thinks your too tall, you don't need him.

Also, stop the mindset of being a giant, that hurts self image and other people will pick up on that.

And just have fun.

1|1
    1|0
  • If a man feels emasculated simply because you choose to wear heels that make you taller than him, that's not your problem, that's his.

Wear your heels and be liberated.

1|1
    1|0
  • If you show interest in guys by approaching them they won't care that you're tall because you're in heels. You'll have shown them that you're interested. Guys fear rejection when approaching so by taking that possibility out of the equation by approaching them and showing interest you'll get guys into you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wear what you want. You'll look amazing and sure some guys will be intimidated but so what? You what to meet the guy who is attracted and has the confidence to approach.

1|1
    1|0
  • I don't give a, damn if you're 6'6heels make a woman feel sexy. Wear them. Curious though how tall are you

0|1
    1|0
  • Of course you can wear heels but when you wear them work it girl walk like you want to run away LOL and don't worry you got this you still going to kill em

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes you can. It’s not like you had a choice on how tall you were going to be. Wear whatever you want. There are more than enough guys out there looking for a tall girl in heels. Cuz it’s hot! Legs for days! Mmm mmm mmm.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tall girls are very hot. I want you to dress up to the nines, put on those heels and tower above everyone. Have a great time!

0|1
    1|0
  • You should definitely wear heels I love tall girls I’m 6’0 and I like girls that are at least 5’8-5’10. Plus wearing high heels will make you stand out from your friends by looking taller you should definitely wear them

1|1
    0|0
  • I dont know, can you? Or would you tip over?
    If its from a social standpoint: sure, dont put yourself back just because of others, strive for what you want.

1|1
    0|0
  • All women look sexy in heels. I’m 6’4”. How y’all are you

0|1
    1|0
  • Go for it! If you think heels make you look sexy then don't let people from stopping you just because they're jealous of your height. When you go out you aren't really meant to blend in, use your height to your advantage and stand out!

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't see why not, wear them if you want to, it won't make you any less appealing or attractive, some guys really like tall girls, believe it or not.

0|1
    1|0
  • Just wear them and don’t worry about it, no one actually cares

0|1
    0|0
  • Savannah guthrie wears heels and she’s 5’10 without them (and ugly as fuck without her makeup)

1|3
    1|0
  • Why wear heels? They suck for dancing, walking, standing... about the only time they are appropriate is swinging around a strippers pole.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't fucking see why not, do you need permission from someone when you wanna eat something? LOL jk but you get the point.

0|2
    0|0
  • yeah, wear whatever you want, there's always going to be taller people out there.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind you wearing high heals even when your tall if you were my girl. I like tall girls, medium height and short girls. Your pic very sexy!

0|1
    0|0
  • Wearing what you like is the best way to feel comfortable, don't think to much about how this or that would affect something.
    Just do it as u feel like

0|1
    0|0
  • Heels to a concert. What’s the point. Lol sounds painful hahah

1|1
    0|0
  • You can wear what you want. :-)
    There is no reason to feel bad, if you're taller. It's good thing.

0|2
    0|0
  • You can wear high heels, no matter how tall or short you are

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm 6'6". Unless your heels are made of stilts I'm guessing you'd be fine around me.

0|2
    0|0
  • Hell yeah, why not? You love heels, wear them anyway.

1|1
    1|0
  • Doesn't matter. No one goes to a concert to look at women.

1|1
    1|0
  • You can wear, it doesn't matter if you are tall or not just do whatever you want.

0|2
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 65

• I am 5'9 and I wear heels. Dont be self conscious you will look just as good as the shorter girls. Have you thought of a wedge or a platform? If you're confident, confident men will approach you. Have fun and I hope this was helpful.

1|1
    0|0
    • How tall do you like your guys

• I seriously dont care if the guy I am with is shorter than me or taller. It has taken me some time to be comfortable with my height I hope the person I am with is also comfortable with their height. My ex was 5'7.

• I am not going to comment the physical/social views, but just here to add my personal opinion: Im 180 cm and I like to wear heels, not every day ofc. You can fling pretty much anything with confidence I think.
    Work it sis xx

0|1
    1|1
  • Well duh! Rock heels babe! If you want to wear cute heels then do it! I can relate so much, but you honestly gotta do what makes you feel comfortable.

0|1
    1|1
  • Get some lower heels with similar designs (color, straps, etc.) or just wear your high heels anyway. You're going to a concert, not a date, so what guys think shouldn't have been part of your concern... If you're taller than your friends then that makes you who you are and different from others, so own it.

0|1
    0|0
  • jes do it. If you like them and you actually found heels your foot size do it :D..

And about guys... If you wear heals only guys that like your height will approach you, it might limit your pool, but people that dont like your height... you woudnt want to date them anyway...

so wear them its win win.:D

0|1
    1|0
  • Tbh at a certain point you are just tall. Wear what you want, it’s not like you can be naturally shorter?

Remember, most models are usually 5ft 9 and over and they wear heels.

Moral is wear what you want and what you feel comfortable in.

1|1
    0|0
  • Im 5'8", and i wear heels. Don't be afraid of Towering over everyone, it feels great 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

1|2
    3|2
  • I’m 5’5 which isn’t too talk, but with heels it is. Wear what you like, if you like heels, rock them regardless of what others might think.

0|1
    0|0
  • Heels, when I could wear them, gave me so much confidence and almost the higher the better. You do what you want and don't let anyone say you shouldn't.

0|1
    1|0
  • Of course. Heels weren't made only for short people. Assuming that would be thinking that being short is a bad thing. I think people can wear heels regardless of their height as long as they feel comfortable wearing them

0|1
    0|1
  • Isn't it good to be somewhat tall at a concert? I wish I could go to a concert and see more than the back of people's shirts.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wear your heels more because if your tall and wearing heels it could show confidence which is attractive to like everyone

0|1
    1|0
  • Yes. Wear the heels. Fuck everyone who says not to.

0|2
    1|0
  • Of course you can!! Do what makes you happy!! But are you comfortable wearing heals for a long period of time? I just want to make sure you're having fun and being comfortable

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't just Wear them , own them chick. Get those high heels on. 👠

1|1
    1|1
  • I’m 5’10” and I wear heels all the time, you just do you

1|1
    1|1
  • Well I'm 5' 10" and I often wear heels for special occasions/events.

1|1
    1|0
  • You can. As long as you feel comfortable and sexy on them, wear them girl. Wear them for yourself, not for other female nor males.

0|1
    1|1
  • That's like saying "can I wear a bikini cause I'm chubby?", Of course you can!

0|1
    0|0
  • If you love heels, then wear them! Embrace your long legs! If you don't want to, then wear flats.

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah you can but it's not the best thing to do. You'll get too much attention and not in a good way.

0|1
    3|0
  • Wear them! I wear heels all the time and I'm 172 cm

0|1
    0|1
  • I have tall friend, she is got 1m78 and she loves high hells. She is wearing them almost everyday and looks like a real model :D

0|2
    1|2
  • Yes of course just wear whatever makes you feel confident and beautiful

0|2
    1|0
  • Of course you can wear heels, some guys won’t like it but those guys aren’t right for you anyway

0|2
    2|1
  • Yes you can lol so what if you’re tall. You’re looking down on them. You’re a baddie.

0|2
    0|1
  • Of course you can! Do whatever you want. And if you get a guy, ask him what he wants.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, heels are amazing. Wear them if you like, but just change your mindset and be aware that not everyone will share it. Some people will say you're wearing them on purpose. For example: I have a tall friend who took a photo where she easily towers us all and she chose to show only her neck, not her face. It is a fun photo, lol. We all had a good laugh. But people? Everyone had their opinion about her or our ego. So screw them.

About a guy, just do like my friend and look for a guy very very tall. She's after a 6'3, so no matter which high heels she chooses, he'll always be taller.

Have fun!

0|1
    1|1
  • Why would you wear heels to a concert? That makes no sense.

0|1
    2|1
  • ya I am 5'5 which isn't tall but I feel to tall when I wear them

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes