Does being funny truly make you attractive? especially in my case?

I’m 18 and a month ago i met a guy in my equestrian club. He is probably the hottest guy here, tall, athletic and a gorgeous face. a lot of chicks are into him. I hate concurrence so I never intended to flirt with him especially that I’m not super pretty. I’m told that I’m cute but I know that he can get girls with a solid 10 face while I’m just merely above average. I have a lot of friends because I’m funny and making peoples laugh is my passion ( i even disguised my self as a clown during an event for children) and the hot guy was present. One time I made this guy laughing so hard when we were alone that he was about to piss in his pant, and just after that he suddenly kissed me in the cheek before hugging me and he told me that he think about me everytime he laugh or that he just have to remember me and my jokes to start laughing. I thought it was a friendly compliment till he confessed that he has a crush on me. I truly thought that he was joking till he told me that he was serious, and that he couldn’t resist me because of ( my sense of humor), and that I was pretty cute. So he asked me to go out with him, and i replied that it was too sudden because I need time. I was so shocked, I mean.. he is hot, nice and sweet but I never thought in my life that I would attract him, since he’s so hot. I always acted like a silly goofy girl in front of him and i never intented to seduce him the way I would if i tried, so I doubt that he was attracted to me because of charm or something like that, since a lot of prettier girl have pics of him on their phone. So is it true that he can fall in love with me just because I’m funny?Does being funny truly make you attractive? especially in my case?

742

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Anybody can be funny, you just know how to make somebody laugh. It's not the basis of attraction, but it can make somebody happy and desire to get to know you. The more they get to know you, they have a choice to see if you share the same values and desires or not. And if you do, THEN it can make you attractive to that person. Stop going by his looks. You're not ready for that kind of relationship and he should respect that. You never seduced him, you were just being yourself. He overall sounds like a genuine guy. Though I think that he was a bit too touchy-feely and it needs to be kept a minimum. But overall, if he said that and he means it, then he meant it. Its up to you to believe it.

Most Helpful Guys

• Even as visual as men admittedly are, most decent guys aren't going to date or be in a relationship with a girl just because of her looks (of course, not all guys are decent). Personality is important too, especially in the long term.

The effects of a girl's beauty only lasts a few months before her personality becomes what you "see" of her, and if you don't like her personality, her looks aren't enough to keep things together.

I would much rather a girl who is a 5 in looks and a 9 in personality than the opposite.

• It’s possible. by the way, you have nothing to be concerned about in the looks department. You look great, don’t have suck low self confidence. Any guy would be lucky to have someone like you, and personally I love a girl that can make me laugh. Honestly I’d take a 5 with a great personality over a 10 with a horrible one. So go keep being yourself, see where this relationship might go. But do be cautious, some guys are creeps.