Winky face = sign of flirting?

Long story short, Me and this girl that I know for five years were chatting online. Talking about the times we had in college. We have the same birthday month (September) and I told her my birthday is coming up soon. She replied, "U right my fellow virgo ;)". This isn't the first time she did this. She usually put :) :P or ;) in chats we have. Is this a sign of flirting and she is into me? or Am I reading into this too much?
Is winky face emoji sign of flirting?
Is winky face emoji sign of flirting?
Updates:
Here is another example...
We were playing the numbers game on Facebook. I gave her a number and she put on her fb status my number and what she thought about me.

So she wrote "We go back...hang out at my apartment. O yea and you get brownie points for being a virgo ;)"

So I wrote back: "How do it receive more brownie points? :)"

She wrote back: "lol it's automatic! You already got em. Haha"
She also text "Goodnight :)"
When we see each other out on the town. We'll hug and talk the be on our way. She would leave her friends to talk to me for a good bit. Leave, then come back to talk to me some more. She would ask me to dance with her on the floor. When I'm away from her in the bar. I see her looking at me.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• i think you're reading too much into this. most girls use smiley and winky faces just to keep txting as humane as it can get.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think she did it because you share something in common, in this case your birthdays are in the same sign. I think if she used the wink in a different context then it would be considered flirting, for example, he saying how cute you are or something like that, like texting, "bye cutie ;) "

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I always think so. Usually this one. girl on snapchat will say hey with the 💕 or a 😉 emojis often. She does it pretty much every time we talk. I would call it flirting, since I barely talk with her in real life, and she does stare at me lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • don't look into it. Been there before, look at her actions instead of her use of emoticons

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• yeya she is flirting with you playfully. I'm not sure weather this means she likes you or not, but it seems to me as if she could by the way she talks to you :) x

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't read too much into the smily faces it could be a habit. I personally use them a lot with random people, and not necessarily for flirting with anyone in specific. It's just to show personality through cyber space. I never even thought of it that way (as in flirting). Anyway, she 'might' like you on some level, considering your update. Otherwise she wouldn't bother replying so much. :]

0|0
    0|0
  • I think she is flirting. That's what I do when I flirt online. Try to flirt back? maybe flirting back will help give you clues if she flirts back.

0|1
    0|0
  • It could actually be an accident from trying to send the smiley (happens to me all the time) or they're flirting

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you are reading too much into it... I personally use smiley faces as periods practically... just look at the context of the conversation :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I do :) and ;) with my (female) friend but when I do it to a guy I am usually flirting.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah probably wants the d

0|1
    0|1
  • Not enough information to make a decision in my opinion, see how he acts at work and if he initiates conversation next time you see him or if he texts you again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not really sure if it's flirting or not. I only use ;) or ;p when I'm flirting with a guy, or I say something sexual. Maybe you should flirt with her a little, and see if she responds to that. Then you'll know for definite.

Thanks for answering my question :)

0|1
    0|0
  • it is possible that she likes you but since people always assume that you are angry at them if you don't use :), ;) or any other smiley I generally always use them but yeah I guess ;) is kinda flirty

0|0
    0|0
  • definatly flirting with u, try asking her to hang out, she's majorly flirting with you tho

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 18

• Put it this way- if you are not trying to flirt, don't use the wink emoji

0|0
    0|0
  • To try and convey emotions over an otherwise cold media.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he could be flirting with you. I usually don't use a winky face unless I like someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup that's the 'flirt' emoji so he's definitely interested!

0|0
    0|0
  • no sometimes it cheeky but not flirtatious and sometimes its other stuff but it doesn't seem flirty

0|0
    0|0
  • I would ignore it unless it becomes less subtle than that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously not. Its just your way of looking at him that way. And you are exaggerating it.

0|0
    0|0
  • ;-P

Now another boy did... uh oh.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not.

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants anal.

0|0
    1|1
  • 😉😉😉😉

1|0
    0|0
  • He's trying to be cute. Harmless, really,

0|0
    0|0
  • she wants yo dicccck

0|0
    0|3
  • Yes, absolutely.

0|0
    0|0
  • most likely he's flirting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some times it means (if you know what I mean)

0|0
    0|0
  • The same reason women do

0|0
    0|0
  • Could mean anything, just be glad the dick pics haven't started yet.

0|3
    0|0

Recommended myTakes