Why do white people like mayonnaise?

Like a Black co worker mentioned that white people always ask for extra mayo on their sandwiches. And there is always globs of mayo in other foods that they like such as potato , tuna , and chicken salad. Another black co worker just said that it’s a southern thing.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I recently went down to Ecuador, and I was surprised how many locals loved mayonaise. We had hotdogs one time and they brought out Ketchup and Mayo. I always liked spicy sauce, but they were surprised by it.

It isn't just a white person thing, it must be an Ecuadorian thing as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it makes a sandwich taste moiste and delicious. And its like a glue for other things to be held together with.

What i often wonder is why so many black people ruin steaks by cooking them well done?

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girls

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• why do so many like ketchup? and that is white and black. here in South Africa many black folk love ketchup, what we call tomato sauce, and also the chakalaka. a spicy sauce made with a variety of vegetables and chilly and stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol I don't like mayonnaise, I want my sandwich pure meat. Like this maybe some tzatziki or htipiti.

0|1
    0|0
  • As a white person I have no idea. It's discussing, oily. My mixed race/gender circle of friends all like it so. Might just be a generalization.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's mostly just culture, like how Hispanic and Asian people eat food differently, and even in Britain.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not that I love mayonnaise I just don't want a dry ass sandwich, tuna, chicken salad or whatever.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not sure if Mayonnaise is racist? We should keep it under close observation.

0|1
    0|0
  • That must be a southern thing, I'm white and I hate mayonnaise, and I don't know any white people who particularly like it either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because we're white and we're attracted to white things even in food. And remember once you go white you never go back

0|0
    0|1
  • Every black guy I know smothers his fries in mayo... it's not a white person thing exclusively

0|1
    0|0
  • Im from aus and i love mayo on everything you listed, i can't explain why though i guess stereo types suggest i should love tomato sauce but i dont.

0|0
    0|1
  • I hate mayonnaise but apparently it's really big in Canada

0|1
    1|0
  • Lol yes that's the stereotype for a reason. Not all do I hate mayonaise.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mayonnaise, along with tartar sauce and sour cream, is disgusting.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause black people are scared of mayonnaise and we can't let it go to waste

0|0
    0|0
  • Must be a America thing I don't know many Brit's or European countries that eat it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just as long as nobody touch my Miracle Whip we're good!

0|0
    0|1
  • Ironically I hate mayo. From CA

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't realize mayonnaise was a white thing

1|0
    0|0
  • because it's made from horse sperm

0|0
    0|1
  • Just like the way it tastes...

0|0
    0|1
  • Hello

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's good.

0|0
    0|1
  • its a southern thangggg

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's white like us, that's why.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think it matters if you’re white, depends what you were brought up on

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• I’m a white Canadian female. I do not like mayo, tuna or chicken salads

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, not just white people eat mayo, and personally I can only stomach it, if it's mixed with seafood sauce

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it’s a southern thing. I like mayonnaise in all the foods you listed...

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not the biggest fan of Mayo. Now Ketchup is a different subject.

0|0
    0|0
  • why should race matter. I love mayonnaise on my food just as much

0|0
    0|0
  • I like mayo at times, on a sandwich. And I'm black. Everyone is different

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm white and I am not overly attached to mayonnaise

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's just a southern thing. Or maybe I'm just weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • japanese LOVE mayonnaise
    i don't like it

1|0
    0|1
  • like a black guy, or was he actually black? 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it tastes great?

0|0
    0|1