McDonald's "create your taste" menu: Customisable burgers with table service: your thoughts?

Back in 2015 McDonald's a "create your taste" menu. Basically, customers can design their burger on a digital kiosk, they sit at a table and wait, then food comes served on a board with a wire basket of fries for presentation (though wait times are longer as personal burgers take longer to make)

I think this was discontinued years ago but when it was available I tried it once, was good.

What are your thoughts on the idea in principal?

detailed and thoughtful replies are appreciated

"They can sit back relax, enjoy a drink and we’ll bring their meal out to them when it’s ready to go.”

(1.5 minutes)

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/mcdonalds-launches-new-create-your-taste-menu-with-table-service-and-customised-burgers-ng-3dc5e584c67cd944c9b3e96f021be498

McDonald's McDonald's
McDonald's
McDonald's

1|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Lucky. I experienced something like that in college, but not McDonalds. Hell they even bring it out? Mann if only they were that nice down here. I’ll expect something like that from Chick-fil-A.. but not McDonald’s lol. That sounds pretty dope Tbh

0|1
    0|0
  • dang sounds like they were trying to become a real gourmet restaurant.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• i appreciate the effort but if i want a legit burger i'm still not going to mcdonald's

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Oh wow. I didn't know about that. If i did, i certainly would have tried it. I wish they'd bring it back , I'd probably go more often if they did lol

0|1
    0|0
  • In the UK McDonald's very ordering the table. There a new ordering type thing. by waiting at that collection area.

0|1
    0|0
  • 10/10 Would noms.

0|1
    0|0
  • That sounds pretty good.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's pretty fun

0|1
    0|0
  • We don't have that at McDonald's here sounds good

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Well, sounds like McDonald's was trying to get rid of that whole fast food imagery with that. And another thing, no one is gonna go to a McDonald's for a gourmet burger because honestly it'll not be that good.

You see, this place is one of those kinds of places where you go if you want crap food to make you feel good about yourself.

0|1
    0|0
  • they have one of these fancy mcdonalds here any NYC, it's located at 809 Sixth Avenue of chelsea, NY in manhattan.

i heard from my australian friends that most of the mcdonald's there has delivery service like take out and i was like whattt?

0|1
    0|0
  • There is a small number of McDonald's in the northeast USA that are trying this. It is the same food but you don't have to stand around waiting to order. But you spend a long time sitting at a table waiting for your food.

0|1
    0|0
  • McDonald's with table service? That's a joke lol

I went to a chick fill a up in grapevine here in tx that offered that. It seemed a bit out of place

0|1
    0|0
  • They want to compete with 5 guys and smash burger. There is nothing like affordable fast food. Its all expensive now

0|2
    0|0
  • I love it, I've had some amazing burgers that I created :D

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, still not eating there.

0|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • fair enough but whats your issue with the food?

• I think the chips are tasteless, and the meat's poor quality.

I must make a certain observation, on the second point, though - when I tried it in Australia, the meat quality was vastly better.

• I think it's just a way to eliminate people

0|2
    0|0
    • Sorry. I was thinking about the standard automated system being placed in at mcdonalds locations. Don't mind me. I never had a custom fancy burger like that in the US

• Still wouldn’t go

0|2
    0|0
  • I still wouldn't eat there.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes