Do YOU drink shit beer?

Do YOU drink shit beer?

Shit beer obviously differs from place to place, but in the UK would include crap like Carling, Fosters, Stella, Carlsberg etc, in the US, Budweiser, Michelob, Coors, in Australia, VB, XXXX, Tooheys etc.

If it's something you see EVERYWHERE, odds on, it's crap.
  • Yes, I drink shit beer
    Vote A
  • No, I'm a person of discernment and taste
    Vote B
  • Wibble
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I only drink craft brew. Commercial is glorified swill.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah, I mean I love craft beer but sometimes you wanna drink cheap and light beer/domestic beer are the cheapest options depending on the bar/store you go to.

I still find it crazy how a tall boy of Founders All Day IPA is cheaper than a tall boy of Budwesier, Miller Lite, PBR, etc. Granted the Founders is 19.2 oz whereas Budweier, PBR are 24 but still, Founders is better quality.

0|1
    0|0
    • @JimSmith being that you’re from the UK, what are your thoughts on Newcastle?

• It's a long time since I've tried it, and the last time I did, it didn't taste the way I remembered it.

It's never been that popular over here. Certainly growing up, it was always a regional beer in north east England, although it's available in all supermarkets etc. It was far more popular in the US, where it got something of a cult following at one stage, I believe?

I don't loathe it, but the flavour doesn't do a lot for me, either. It's very distinctive, as beers go, and I'd say I've never tasted anything else that's particularly close to it, including other brown ales.

What are your thoughts on it?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• I am a sober alcoholic so I only drink rootbeer or ginger beer. But I am married to a beer snob. Probably the shittiest beer he would ever drink is Heineken.

He brews his own, and is really into locally brewed IPAs, Double IPAs and Barleywine Style Ales. I have learned a lot I didn't know about beer from him.

When I still drank, I drank the cheapest beer you could get.

0|1
    0|0
  • I choose wibble, because why not!
    I do occasionally drink shit beer. Coors light to be exact. I'm not a fan of IPA's and a lot of the specialty beers in my area cater to that taste. We have quite a few local breweries in Michigan and you can get some really good beers. I have 4 big growlers and 3 little ones I use when I really like what they have on tap at certain places.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, I'll drink cheap beer when out at the cottage, house parties, or at a game. Stella, Corona, Alexander Keith or Molson Canadian is what I'll buy. But I do enjoy local and independent breweries within the city.

0|1
    0|0
  • The first beer that I tried was swan draft 😖.
    I do like to drink stout in winter James Squire makes a good one. I tend to drink light beers mainly in summer because beer tends to go straight to my head.

0|1
    0|0
  • The shittier the better.
    Do YOU drink shit beer?

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't drink any beer and I have no idea what is shit and what's not, since they all smell like crap.

0|2
    0|0
  • Excuse me sir Budweiser? Lol
    No I don't drink beer or shit beer

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't drink beer. It all taste like sh! t to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wibble.
    Don’t drink beer 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • My fav now is blue moon

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 24

• Ha, you call those 'shit beer'? THESE are real examples of shit beer:
    Do YOU drink shit beer?
    untappd.akamaized.net/.../...279226bd_640x640.jpeg

0|1
    0|0
  • I seem to drink mediocre beer according to the ratings. I *hate* Budweiser and Miller. My favorites include Blue Moon, Sapporo, and Kingfisher. I also love a Corona with lime and salt rim -- that seems the lowest-rated ones among the ones I like, but I developed a fondness for it hanging out with some Mexican friends who taught me to drink it with a salty rim and lime, almost like tequila.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like XXXX Gold and Tooheys Dry isn't bad. Fosters is crap and I'm not a fan of Budweiser. Heineken is ok and Stella Artois isn't bad. At the moment I have a 12 pack of Corona in the fridge. When I'm in Thailand I drink Chang, in Singapore I drink Tiger and in India I like Kingfisher. So yeah I'm usually happy with the mass produced beers, there are some I don't like, but I'm not what you would call a beer snob.

0|1
    0|0
  • I might drink a beer once in a very long while. I prefer mixed drinks, or wine.
    When I do have a beer I tend to be rather picky. I don't really care for the large brewery mass produced stuff that leaves a nasty after taste.

0|1
    0|0
  • In the U. K. all those brands are lagers, not beers. Different product altogether. If you think they are beers, I'm not surprised you don't like them.

0|1
    0|0
    • Lagers are a type of beer, made with bottom fermenting yeast.

As this is an international site, I deliberately used the term 'beer' to avoid confusion. It's only really in the UK that (mainly older) people use the terms 'beer' and / or 'bitter' to mean something specific.

• Fair enough. I can't argue with that, but I favour lager over beer. In fact I dislike beer. My favourite is Grolsch.

• I tend to drink whatever is available. I did drink two of the most disgusting ever, namely 'Dors' and 'AH basic'. Ugh. So disgusting.

0|1
    0|0
    • I've not had the 'pleasure' of trying either of those, but to judge from the reviews I've just read, you're not alone in thinking they're disgusting...

• Of course when I drank enough it didn't really matter anymore but it was rather disgusting.

They are the cheapest and one of my mates vowed that we ought to get those because it'd save money. I'd rather have paid 5 euros more

• it depends on the stage of the binge.
    Just starting out... boutique all the way.

pub is shut and it's all that's left if ya wanna kick on. WHATEVER SHIT BEER I CAN GET MY HANDS ON.. (except low alcohol, of course.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I only drink high quality Belgian beers. Beer is alcohol and alcohol is not good for you, so I only drink the best quality.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't drank in a long time, but when I do, I tend to go for the good stuff. The liquor stores in my state have Chairman's selection sales, where you can get stupid expensive stuff for 50% off and lower. I bought a $75 of red wine, for $17

0|1
    0|0
  • We've a good selection of beer here in Bulgaria. Bulgarian beer like Kameniztsa or Zagorka isn't bad. The dark beers that you see during winter are good. I tend to buy Belgian beer when i see it. American beers i wouldn't touch with a barge pole, unadulterated piss most of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes