Do YOU drink shit beer?

Do YOU drink shit beer?

Shit beer obviously differs from place to place, but in the UK would include crap like Carling, Fosters, Stella, Carlsberg etc, in the US, Budweiser, Michelob, Coors, in Australia, VB, XXXX, Tooheys etc.

If it's something you see EVERYWHERE, odds on, it's crap.
  • Yes, I drink shit beer
  • No, I'm a person of discernment and taste
  • Wibble
    Vote C

1526

Most Helpful Girls

• I only drink craft brew. Commercial is glorified swill.

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah, I mean I love craft beer but sometimes you wanna drink cheap and light beer/domestic beer are the cheapest options depending on the bar/store you go to.

I still find it crazy how a tall boy of Founders All Day IPA is cheaper than a tall boy of Budwesier, Miller Lite, PBR, etc. Granted the Founders is 19.2 oz whereas Budweier, PBR are 24 but still, Founders is better quality.

• @JimSmith being that you’re from the UK, what are your thoughts on Newcastle?

• It's a long time since I've tried it, and the last time I did, it didn't taste the way I remembered it.

It's never been that popular over here. Certainly growing up, it was always a regional beer in north east England, although it's available in all supermarkets etc. It was far more popular in the US, where it got something of a cult following at one stage, I believe?

I don't loathe it, but the flavour doesn't do a lot for me, either. It's very distinctive, as beers go, and I'd say I've never tasted anything else that's particularly close to it, including other brown ales.

What are your thoughts on it?