What Women Really Mean

Guys, I know you have been puzzled by the opposite sex and by no means do we make it easy for you.

We say one thing, we mean another. We rarely ever say just what we mean. We only expect you to read our minds, what's wrong with that?

Well, in case you're not a mind reader, here is a little help for you on your journey to understanding women. First things first, if you think you understand what we mean when we say certain phrases, you probably don't. If you think we mean one thing, we usually mean another. Here are six great examples for you.

When a girl says:

1. I'm fine:

Guys this is a red flag for you. If a girl responds to one of your questions, with an "I'm fine", I can almost guarantee you she is not. If we say this, we are more than likely pissed at you for something you probably don't even know you did. WE ARE NOT FINE and you better be careful. This typically means we are unhappy and looking to beat your ass. Okay, well maybe not this severe, but really, you still need to watch out. Your best bet is to try and talk it out with us until we crack and tell you what's on our mind. Otherwise, we will go to bed angry and wake up angry the next morning.

Whatever you do, do NOT leave us alone. Keep this in mind. We're just weird like that.

2. Leave me alone:

Now this one is tricky, because when we tell someone to leave us alone, nine times out of ten, we want you to do the opposite. Why do we do this? Hell, I don't know, we're women, we're just weird like that. Whatever you do, do not leave us alone. Again, this probably means something is wrong and we either need to talk it out with you or need your comfort. Leave me alone means, please don't leave me alone. Keep this in mind.

3. I like you:

While this sounds like an easy statement to comprehend, it really interprets to I'm still feeling you out. I would say, for me anyway, saying I like you doesn't mean I'm ready for a commitment, it means I still need to get to know you better. Good thing here is you're on our good side and we're thinking of giving you a chance. We like you as a person and are trying to figure out if we like you as more. If you hear this phrase, you should give yourself a pat on the back.

What women really mean!
What women really mean!

4. Will you do this for me:

Guys, just because this is phrased like a question, do not be deceived. We are not offering you an option here. When we ask you to do something for us, we mean you better do it, not you get a choice. Your best bet is to do what we ask to make us happy. I know this seems a little crazy, but like I said before, we're women, sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to the madness. If you choose not to do something we ask you for, please refer back to #1.

5. I'm not ready for a commitment:

Guys, we're women; we are always ready for commitment, unless we fall into the rare breed that aren't interested in getting married and having children. If we say this, you can read it as we are not ready to commit to YOU. There is something we are still trying to figure out about you and that is keeping us from wanting to commit. Don't give up hope though; you can change our minds on this one with some time.

6. I think you're adorable:

Guys, this is your kiss of death. Saying we think you are adorable means we think of you as just a friend. Accept the inevitable; it's not going to work out. We are thinking of you like our brother and Lord knows we don't want to have a relationship with our brother, well unless we fall into that odd category again. It's very hard to get out of this category but with the right amount of effort you could be one of the lucky ones.

Hopefully you find this information useful in understanding your women. I know it's hard but understanding what we mean when we say certain things can be a big payoff in the end. Being able to understand what we are looking for will only make us love you more. Not to mention, knowing all this information will make you more marketable in the dating scene. It's rare to find a guy who just gets it. Good luck guys!

3574

Most Helpful Girl

• Here's what I think

1) True most of the time, I actually had the roles reversed once lol where the guy was the one who said "I'm fine" and didn't meant it but yeah... I've never been in this situation so I've never done the I'm fine thing lol

2) Yep, true

3) Where I live, "like" usually just means friends

4) I disagree with this one, I would never force him into doing something that would be horrible!

5) Never been in that situation

6) I disagree with this one as well, for me it means adorable

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe I'm the one in the minority here, but I honestly couldn't put up with a woman who played these kinds of mind games with me. My philosophy is this: My girlfriend has a job, and that job is to help me cope with the stresses of daily life. If she chooses to be a part of the problem by playing these mind games, rather than a part of the solution, then I'll have no problems kicking her to the curb. That's why my dad left my mom, cause she was a drama queen who played mind games.

• You aren't alone.

Here doesn't they get away with their childish nonsense.

• They're not trying to play mind games, it's just the way they communicate. Trust me, my sister is just like that, minus the fact she's kind of a slut (meaning she'll have sex with almost anyone) when she is single.

She is not currently single, I will not send/post pictures, I will not tell you where she live. So don't ask.

• @Twalli

Hope you realize it's a choice the person chooses to be.

Still immature games and unatractive.

Join the discussion

3473
  • 1. So what if there is actually nothing wrong, what will you say? "I'm miserable"? Get out with that scheiß. That is not my problem. Red alert indeed!
    2. Nein. Say what you mean. I'm not going to be present when you don't want me to.
    3. It is good to know, that a woman *likes* me.
    4. Depends what the favor is.
    5. OK. NEXT LADY!
    6. I'll take my chances. Don't like it? Say it. Resist. Reject. I will get the point in a second. No games.

It is just me but I do as you say. I do not care what you meant if it was not explicitly stated. Neither you nor anybody can override the dictionary. I am a "computer". Deal with it!
    If it means being single until the day, that I die then so be it. My life will be an empire of my own and my friends either way.

• When I call a guy adorable, there's a good chance I like him romantically. It mostly means he comes off as an innocent or slightly clueless person.

• Uh, best sex I ever had was with a chick who told me I was adorable because I was shorter than her and funny. Everything else is spot on though.

• This is probably one reason why romance was invented, or the practice of it. It's generally the only method to counteract these confusions. It takes any given problem and transforms it into a redeeming theatrical show. It guides otherwise, silly and illogical circumstances back into something that can be worked with and something that makes the crazy look like a desirable part of the performance by making the problem appear to be nothing more than a phase to something really great. Romance must have been invented so that men can deal with women in their own world while still having access to the tools of their own.

• 1. Every guy knows what it means
    2. You will be left alone bcs other things need doing too
    3. Good. For you
    4. women are strong and independent. You can do it.
    5. i gave u hope
    6. ok

• Basically you women expect men to read your mind to try and guess what you want. And them act insulted when it doesn't happpen

• Thanks for the info. In retrospect, I can see that a lot of this follows fairly well with my interactions with females over the years.

• This article is like a dating advice throwback from 10 years ago.

• Too much effort, I rather be single or to fine a girl that doesn't double speak.

• 7d

Why can't women just say what they mean and be done with it. Passive aggressiveness is both childish and manipulative. both of which i am allergic to.

• Good material. I’ll add a few more:

“It’s getting late” - means we aren’t going to have sex.

“I don’t care about money” - means I care about it a lot that’s why I mentioned it.

“Take your time / no rush” - means it ain’t gonna happen

“She’s curvy” - means she fat

“I have never felt this way about a man” - means I haven’t felt this way about a man this month.

“I’ll think about it” means not going to happen

“I’ll be ready in 10 min” means I’ll be ready in 2 hours

“I don’t have anything to wear” means I have 2 or 3 closets full of clothes.

Anyway, I like your material. Thanks for sharing.

• Mind games are out! The moment I sense that happening... good bye!

• Hell where were your 30 plus years ago. I had to live this shit the hard way. I had to live it

• When I think a guy is adorable he definitely has a chance of getting with me. Other than that this take is accurate

• The reason why many women use different sentences with a different meaning is that they're passive in their behavior which is directly connected to their submissive nature. Although it's confusing for the man, because men say everything assertively directly without a different meaning since their nature is dominant, women don't think twice about it. It happens naturally and they expect the man to get the hint. In fact they think the man has hidden meanings in what he says too although that's not true. It's beautiful to see how different women and men are even in just conversing. Many misunderstandings which leads to small arguments are caused by this though which is unfortunate but at the same time strengthens the romantical bond between a man and a woman.

• How does it strengthen the bond? Wouldn't it cause more strain over time?

• That depends but in most cases it strengthens. If a man or woman never tried to understand their partner and how they are in certain situations, it would cause strain. If a man or woman tried to understand their partner and when it happens they remember it's not the way it is or they have to be direct, it may cause the other to be happy because the other is trying for them. They care. It's about effort, whether one tries to help and understand. There are so many differences between the male and the female, a couple that is trying to understand the difference between them, makes only the bond stronger.

• Wtf! I'm submissive to the point of being a doormat and i still mean what i say

• Yeah having sisters around my age I've learned a lot about what girls are like its helped me in a few situations

• "I know you have been puzzled by the opposite sex" No I haven't. You people aren't as complicated as you tell yourselves.

• Cool article. Now what do women say when they are REALLY fine. Like, seriously, fine. Content. Not p*ssed.

What is the code word they use?

• There is no such code word, because women are always pissed and never actually fine.

• After a couple of conversations, I straight up tell a girl that I want to bang her and also be friends, if she's not into it than oh well, farewell

• I call guys I'm attracted to adorable, because I find that a more comfortable compliment than something more blatant. *shrug*

• Cazy! No two are alike so that type would this apply to? This has me more confused then before I read it! OMG

• Haha when I say your adorable I mean it sometimes.. well SOMETIMES ;p

• Why is it so complicated to say things just the way they are sand tell the truth?

• Well I couldn’t disagree more with this...

• Finally

• Some are accurate for me kind of, some are not

• Wow :) haha, some tips were funny.

• 7d

This is the best post ever

• Good take...

• great my take !!!

• Perfecxt, esp 1 and 5

• I have my woman translator now.

• Cheat sheet:
    It's the opposite.

• I don't care you women are stupid
    MGTOW
    redpill

• Too true!

• Don't listen to them.
    Look at their actions

• Christ. I'll keep my distance for now then

• Interesting take

• Sorry i disagree with almost everything

• I'm a girl and I mean what I say so speak for your yourself

• Isn't more easier to be straightforward

• A woman posts a take and half the women disagree with her. Shocking! lol

• Good stuff! I like how you're so honest about the fact that women very often do NOT Mean what they say and sometimes mean the EXACT OPPOSITE. Very, VERY true!

• Yep this is why I don’t date I really don’t be have time to try to decipher hidden messages I’m a black and white person

• Here's the problem with all that, we are direct and it's what we like (you even like that about us), so we get really tired of the "games". It's not that we don't "get it", we do, we're just sick of it. It's so refreshing when we actually come across a woman that does say exactly what she means, and directly!

• Not accurate for me. I communicate with honesty through words

• Just to mention one (the adorable thing): that has been the kiss of death for me, and once I put it to a woman (who told me that) point blank when I asked what she meant and asked if that was showing any sexual interest, and she basically said as a brother, no feelings that way at all. To which I replied, "Then I"d rather be a badass, or a charmer, or a..." to which she said:" But you ARE charming!" Ugggh.

• I have now experienced this type of hidden meanings but I dont begrudge the woman I love for this. I embrace it and realise that she is just reaching out. I've seen a lot of other forums where guys suggest to play mind games and make the women think that the guy is the best man in the world. It works both ways. It takes two to tango. Those two that can communicate and understand each other, even with hidden meanings and the odd miss communication, are not playing mind games. They are being their true self and are looking for reassurance that their significant other is interested. If it's not reciprocal it's not a relationship, it's not mind games its just the obvious. It's simple but love doesn't always let it work out that way. It's important to always remember to be honest to the one you love and yourself. That goes a long way.