He's suddenly only sending one word texts - what's up?

He's still replying to every text, except it takes him longer than usual and he's only replying with one word answers. But at the same time, any question I ask him he's asking me back. So he's keeping the conversation going but he's only giving one word answers and taking ages to reply. Usually he replies instantly and with long texts or several texts at once. Is he trying to tell me to f**k off?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• disinterest

Most Helpful Girl

• Over how long a period of time has he been doing this? He could be busy/distracted. Since he is replying and engaging you in text (does he initiate at all? Did he used to?) I am less likely to think it is him blowing you off. Maybe refrain from texting him first and see if he hits you up first.

• He's just been doing it for a two days. He's never really iniated texting and still isn't.

• I would back off and see if he texts me first, then. If he doesn't, I'm afraid you have your answer :(