Why did he poke my stomach?

He and I were hanging out and when we were talking about working out, he asked "do you have abs?" and poked my stomach. He also stared at my face for a period of time whenever I wasn't looking and when I went to meet his eyes, he looked away. What does this all mean?
Updates:
Opinions!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• he totally likes you... a guy finds a girl he likes and he can't stop thinking about her... thats why he stares... he doesn't want to lose that amazing image of you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Awwww :) Well he would stare whenever there was silence between us. You know those silent moments where it's kinda awkward silence? He did it quite a few times!

• Show All
    • And what do you mean by not mess with the girl/respect them if the guy and her are close?

• well i dont know about other guys but for me to call a girl "oh wifey!" i would look at her and just be speechless lol, i would try everything to talk to her... and the girl with guy thing is like a guy code... a dude wouldn't mess with his bestfriend girl or his brothers girl, its against the code... you break the could you break your bond/friendship, its true... and it can happen to anybody

Most Helpful Girl

• Trying to break the touch barrier.

I once had a guy try to do that at the beach. I was laying on my back and he goes, "Look, you have ribs!" and grabbed them (they stick out a little when I lay down) and pulled. >.<

0|0
    0|0
    • Whoa... was he flirting with you?

• Show All
    • I hope you know that...

• And I hope you know that not ALL guys are like that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• He likes you and wanted to make physical contact.
    A lot of guys have used that excuse including myself back in the old days xD

0|0
    0|0
    • Really? You would ask a girl if she had abs and then touch her stomach just to make sure?

• Show All
    • Yes I do ask a lot of questions, no doubt about that because I am a very curious person. Deal with it. And if he didn't care that much, doesn't that mean he doesn't like me in that way? If that's true, why was he flirting with me?

• Um... do you have anything to say?

• He poked you stomach as a prelude that he wants to poke elsewhere.

0|0
    0|0
    • Where would that be?

• Show All
    • lol... why would a guy want in a girl's pants? Because she has a hot body or a nice face? I mean I don't have big boobs or a big butt. I don't have impressive curves really.

• When it's about going in once, as long as she has a vagina.

• He liiiiikes you.

0|1
    0|0
    • Really? what makes you so sure?

• Show All
    • Would you think it's weird if I asked him to the spring dance at my school? He's a junior but I'm a freshman and I'm not sure if he would think it was weird to be at a dance full of freshmen/middle school people. But overall, if I asked him over Facebook (I would MUCH rather do it in person, but I don't seem him that often), would it be weird? I really prefer face-to-face interaction a lot more than online.

• Hey it would be nice if you could help me :)

• He loves you enough to kill you :))

1|0
    0|0
  • poking stomach = teasing

0|0
    0|0
    • And? What are you implying? That he likes me?

• Show All
    • I mean look, you can just tell me when you're annoyed, but don't ignore it. That's not nice.

• he thinks yer chubby? I don't know

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh hell no, I'm skinnier than a lot of people my age. What else could it be?

• Show All
    • dammit you're under 18! please dont read what i just put. it's not PG

• ... lol. What exactly are you trying to say?

• He likes you

0|0
    0|0
    • How are you so sure?

• Show All
    • Lol. Well I don't know what to tell ya

• Well if you said he likes me, wouldn't he have at least said something?

• He wants to father his child in your stomach.

0|0
    0|0
  • To kill the other man's baby!

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol! What the heck? What do you mean?

What Girls Said 7

• Looking for a reason to touch you... seems like he's flirting

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I don't know, we were on the topic of abs and then he asked if I had abs and poked me. Is that something you would do to flirt?

• Show All
    • Um... well I don't exactly know... I do it by nature, it's not one of my flirting moves. I don't know how to explain it...

• You know?

• Could be anything, some of my male admirers do this, but then again so do my friends, male or female.

0|0
    0|0
    • Friends? How do you know they just want to be friends? How do you know they don't like you in a romantic sense?

• Show All
    • lol. I mean we have known each other for a long time... my instinct says he likes me. But thanks anyway!

• He could very well like you, but take precaution in case he doesn't. Good luck!

• Well he's using excuses to touch you so I'm pretty sure he's into you (:

0|0
    0|0
    • Nice :) He's been my friend for a very long time, since we were 5 years old. How come he didn't make a move like kiss me or something?

• Show All
    • haha okay cool :) Thanks for the help!

• no problem!

• He fancies you no doubt

0|0
    0|0
    • haha awww :) How are you so sure?

• Show All
    • I think you like him too, great news lol good luck

• I know I do like him. The great thing is, all the guys that I am attracted to, are attracted to me as well. It happens ALL the time :)

• He's attracted to you

0|0
    0|0
    • haha :) Why do you say so?

• Maybe he likes you?

0|0
    0|0
    • Maybe haha. I mean, I'm pretty, so it's hard for him not to like me.

• He likes you!

0|0
    0|0
    • How are you so sure?

• Show All
    • Yeah maybe he did... well thank you! Guys are soooooo confusing!

• You're welcome! And I'm sure you'll figure them out in time ;)

Recommended myTakes