Would a guy joke about dating you if he wasn’t serious?

Someone called him while I was hanging out with him. The person on the other line asked him who he was with and he told them. They asked him if we were dating. He said “maybe once I ask her out”! With a smirk. Is he totally joking? Would a guy say this if he wasn’t interested?

315

Most Helpful Guys

• A guy who mentions this to someone has at least some interest in them or he wouldn't have joked around about it since a lot of people do take dating seriously. He could have meant this in a casual way, as in them thinking about that person being a potential partner in the future while some mean what they say and would love to be their partner as soon as possible! It's hard to tell from a lack of context how much he likes you but I get the feeling that he has thought of dating you at one point, if not now. You could try to hint it to him if you're interested!

• It depends. Yes, he would, specially if he understands that you're only friends, but he could also joke about it to see your reaction and to make you wonder about that. Did he do it in private? If he's done it in private, it's very probable he wants to date you.

• Yeah it was in private

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its his actions after that that matter more than what he’s just saying there that counts..