Do girls like nicknames?

I've been talking to this girl for a while now. I really like her, a lot actually and every time we are together we just seem happier and people are always teasing us because we are together a lot. Today we were hanging out and I asked her if I could call her (well, lets just say, X, I don't want to say it, its corny haha). She then got a big smile on her face and looked down and said "yes, its ok". Its a cute nickname, nothing bad but by her reaction could I assume that she really did like it? If so, is it because it came from me and likes me back or do girls just like nicknames?

70

Most Helpful Girl

• possibly. I personally am not a huge fan of nicknames like that. like one time this guy started calling me "pickles"...i have no idea why. but it was embarrassing. he thought it was cute and funny though so I was too shy to tell him I didn't like it. he would say it ALL the time though and it made me not like him anymore. I eventually texted him and told him not to call me that anymore so then we always just played it out as a joke. like, wrote it on each others cars sometimes and stuff. made things less awkward.

but then there's always nicknames as in shorter versions of their name. like, if my name was Elizabeth and I liked to go by Elizabeth, and I told you only close friends and family call me Liz, it would be cute if you called me Liz. you know what I mean? :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE