Is my girlfriend crazy, or is it possible to "sweat out a cold"?

I tell her that's nonsense, but could it actually take longer for her cold to go away? She is very, very serious about it (she just has a stuffy nose and a cough), so much so that this is what she wore all day, just doing house chores and refuses to take it off lol:

Is my girlfriend crazy, or is it possible to

4695

Most Helpful Girl

• Myth: You can sweat out a cold

Verdict: When you're feeling fluey, you're willing to try anything to get rid of the aches and pains and stuffy nose, and while having a hot bath or rugging up may mean you feel better, it won't make a difference to your recovery time. "You won't get rid of a cold by sweating it out," Dr McCoy says.

Dr Hampson says that sometimes our body naturally develops a high temperature in order to get rid of an illness, but forcing it to heat up won't help.

www.bodyandsoul.com.au/.../1d65ef67c3d3b7a1cf998d629dc325c3

Most Helpful Guy

• there's no science that shows sweating out a cold, which is really sweating out a the aches and pains from fever, will improve recovery time

but you can potentially feel better. like taking a very hot bath may help sooth the aches and pains, but the sweating aspect won't help reduce recovery time