Ladies, if your man proposed to you with this ring what would you do?

• I would say no, he's cheap
  • I would say yes, but be disappointed
  • I would be genuinely happy.
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

253

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol so many people not wanting to seem materialistic.

The ring is a promise, and selecting one is meant to be a representation of commitment and love. It should be with her taste in mind and something that she would proudly wear for the rest of her life.
    In our personal circumstance I would have been incredibly disappointed if my husband had proposed with that ring, because it shows no thought, no love, none of my taste in jewellery and yes - money comes into it as well. He can afford $1000 for a new phone every year, weekly sports tickets, Xbox games, holidays and eating out but can only slap down $80 for an engagement ring? How much does that show about his commitment to me, that the value he would place on my worth is less than his hobbies?
    An engagement ring is not a normal gift or a materialistic gain, it's a symbol and it should have worth.
    If we were incredibly broke, living week to week with no expendable income and he had to scrimp, save and sacrifice for that ring for months - I would treasure it because I know he had to go without to provide it for me. That's special, and is a sign of the commitment he's making.
    But in our current financial situation had he presented me with the one pictured I would be disappointed and questioned his motives for doing so

• How do you show you're committed to him? Just curious. It seems like you're only focusing on yourself.

• It's an inanimate object - however it's a symbol and one she will be wearing (hopefully) for her entire life. Most people condition that the ring on the third finger of the left hand means engaged or married. I've seen old women wear nothing more than a 2mm thin gold band and I've seen girls who have yuppie boyfriends wear obnoxious engagement rings. The people who have what they want and are happy and willing to wear it for many years is what matters. For me, I didn't want diamonds or gems, so I have only a gold band. My choice. If a woman sees me and assumes my husband couldn't afford a diamond, that's her problem. What's on the finger compared to what the guy has on his own fingers and around his neck or car he drives - then yes, it does give some impression that he is willing to spend money to look good on himself but not on the woman he's supposed to love forever?

• I can relate when an ex bought me a necklace with a barely-there gem. First of all, I dislike gems. Secondly, he was a showboat with the best of everything for himself and even paraded me around like I was something for his friends to envy him for. But it seemed like (after two years) his decision to get me jewellery was to get something just to "get something". He knew I had no desire for gems, but loved gold. I also look better with big jewellery (big earrings, big bracelets), so to have something so tiny was not really me. I actually wished he would have saved his money and put it toward a nice meal out somewhere. When it came to ring shopping, I told him, "Let ME pick," and he stubbornly refused telling me that everyone woman needs a diamond. I was so aggravated by this. We looked around at rings so I could give him an idea, but he kept flocking to the same trendy rings that every other woman had out there. I said it was MY ring, and I should be happy with it forever. No? :/

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 24

• I always saw this sort of thing coming, which is why when I was in a relationship with any man that might have headed toward an engagement I made it clear "LET ME PICK THE RING". Funny thing is that I'm rather a simple person when it comes to jewellery, and to this day I wear a lot of plain gold without any gems.

When my husband and I discussed marriage, I told him what I wanted, and we could go shopping together to see what [we] could afford for both of our rings. We both selected plain gold - no gems.

Now... if I had been sprung a ring like that, I would have accepted his proposal and even worn the ring. It's actually a pretty cute ring, really. But the thing is, I would remind him of what I do want when we are married, and after having what I want to wear for life, transfer the ring to another finger.

My own grandmother had a thin little ring that had diamond cuts (no gems), and it wasn't until my grandparents were married for many years that they could afford to get her a ring with a diamond big enough to choke a horse. You get what you get, and should be appreciative. But that doesn't mean you need to always have the same wedding ring forever. There are couples who lose their rings and get new ones, or just upgrade and add it to the first ring. No big deal.

• I might say no, not because the ring is of little value but because it look like he put so little effort into it. I mean do I wanna run around the rest of my life with a ring that says "she was worth a side trip to zales on the way to pick up carry out" ? Nahhh, if you don't have the money at least substitute effort.

• Funny the guys downvote this... they want both cheap and easy... I'm guessing this is exactly the kind of woman they'd end up with.

• ah yes him being cheap for buying you a worthless gift essentially

• well yeah, duhhh, like I said, how about him make some effort, like really, why not just get something out of the vending machine at pizza hut, probably about the same price and save him a trip to zales to pretend he actually got something worth while... get outta here...

• If she cares about the size you don't need to marry her. The though counts it's beautiful marriage is beautiful

• Say yes, I think it's actually very pretty.

• did you know that there was a research saying that the bigger the rock on the engagement ring the higher the chance the marriage wouldn't last. Maybe because it is all for show if the rock size matters or needs to be bigger. I think besides the ring, how you pop the question would be what would matter more.

So yeah I voted for yes and would be genuinely happy. 😀

• I can't stand rings or watches. Or gloves really, I'd rather have a locket or necklace. Something simple that has a charm I like or a tiny picture of us would be so cute! Who cares about diamonds it just supports slavery in Africa anyway right?

• I would have hit him because we have had multiple conversations in which I have emphatically stated I did not want an engagement ring.

• He can give me a cardboard ring for all I care.. a ring is just a ring. I love the guy not the ring.

• Boi. It's about the gesture not about the worth. The gesture is beautiful and I would be flattered.

• I would be genuinely thrilled

• I like it, it's pretty and it's not overly extravagant, but I guess it depends on the girl.

• Well, to be completely honest, I would be a little disappointed the ring wasn't a bit bigger but that wouldn't outshine the fact that he proposed.

• Honestly I would not care about what ring he gives me all I care about is us being together and the ring does not have to be a wedding ring either it can be something else

• I'm not a big ring person so that ring would work for me.

• The size of the ring isn't an indication of his love. Personally, I think a modest ring is easier than a big rock on your finger.

• Does the ring really matters? If you love him and want to be with him it shouldn't. I think his commitment is important.

• I don't have a man. I have a woman.

• A ring is a ring. What matters is that he chose me :D

• Kiss him?

• say yes. he's clearly blinded by my awesomeness 😀

• I'd say yes. That man could be a billionaire and best believe I'm gonna say yes.

• this ring is my dream ring, to be honest, i'd hate a big ring :D

• I was proposed to without a ring and still said yes.

• I mean, it's cute, but it'd have to have a sentimental reason for it

What Guys Said 2

• wow that ring is beautiful. you care more about the ring size then him? shame on you. he deserves a better woman

• ring is ring and judging by the comments and vote I see here am happy and the difference is clear