Is it creepy to buy my girlfriend lingerie at the Victoria's Secret store or should I buy it online?

Like it's on my way home from work, but I don't know what women think when they see a guy in the store. Probably creepy unless I have the clerk picking things out for her?

3426

What Girls Said 34

• I think you've got the right idea about asking the store clerk for help. Rather than wandering around in there browsing, is go straight to a clerk and ask them to help you pick something. Give her an idea of what your like and what size you believe you girlfriend to be.

• Even better if you can find out ahead of time what size she is. Being in good with her best friend can be invaluable for this sort of thing if you don't live together and have a chance to take a look at her clothes sizes.

• No, not creepy at all.
    The guy in the picture looks a little confused though. Don't be that guy.
    It's perfectly cool to buy nice things for your girlfriend/wife/SO. And even more so if she requested or said it would be OK. Wearing something beautiful for your partner is super nice.
    Just be sure that you know her measures, favourite colours, and fabrics, especially if she's going to wear them other than just when you are together.
    Usually VS clerks are very cool and helpful, in the end you are a sale and it counts for them. Don't let others tell you that it's not OK.
    And enjoy your purchase with your SO! That's the most important part!

• I mean, it's fine, but I think that's the shittiest gift to get someone. It's not really for her. It's for you.

I personally think that gifts should be more personal and thoughtful than anything else. Not just "Oh, I want you to wear this because you haven't been looking at all sexy lately."

• She's the one who wished she could buy some but didn't have the money for it right now.

• I know a woman who spends $500 a month at VS.

It isn't for him.

• @WalterRadio that speaks more to her inability to do laundry than anything else, IMHO.

• It's not creepy at all, remember, Victoria's Secret was originally created for men.

• Not really, I’m sure plenty of guys do the same thing. My boyfriend just bought a bra for me last week, it’s not a big deal.

• I don't think its creepy. It is close enough to the holidays that most people would just assume you were buying a gift.

• it isn't creepy. it's kind of unusual, usually i see girls alone or girls with their bfs. but i don't think it's unheard of that a man would pick out lingerie for his partner.

• I don’t think it’s creepy, but you’ll have more options online.

• Not creepy at all, I see men alone in there all the time and just assume they're buying for their other half!

• very normal

• Go into the shop because the shop assistants will be able to help you with your purchase.

• Always best to ask the clerk for help when buying underwear or clothes.

Not because it's creepy it's just men kinda have different tastes than what women have.. if it was up to the majority of men it would be crotchless pvc bdsm stuff lol

• No it's not. The employees can really help.

• It’s not creepy, but make sure you know her sizes before you go.

• My husband buys lingerie for me! So it is ok.

• I've seen men in VS before, but they were always accompanied by other women. I think it would be fine just don't linger like a creep. Get in and get out

• More than 15 minutes = creepy or less than that?

• I wouldn't find it creepy or weird at all.

• Don't buy it at all. Maybe it's just me but my boyfriend buying me any clothes is kinda annoying and sometimes creepy.

• its just you

• no, it definitely is. Stop trying to be diplomatic. It's weak. If you want to say that I'm wrong say that, but don't try to find a compromise that will bring a peaceful resolution because it's not that kind of site.

• @pavlove I'm not sure I know what your talking about. Are you addressing me or @PastelWheez? All my prior comments were towards her.

• It's not creepy, there's often guys who buy something but mostly their girlfriend is with them haha
    You can make a little card and give her that and tell her that lingerie from VS is your gift, but you want her to come with you so she can choose what she likes

• I do find it creepy but that’s because I use to work at a Victoria Secrets I seen a lot of perv’s some sniffing the underwear tossing them out.

• Seriously? I was kind of wondering about that.

Best to browse with the clerk?

• Yea some were creepy old man.

• No it's not

• No but make sure you have the right size

• Well a little background... Victoria's secret was actually created by a man for that very purpose... to make men feel comfortable buying and walking around in there with or without their girl. So go for it!

• No it isn't creepy, she'll be glad you went in the store for her, even though it might make you uncomfortable.

• I feel incredibly uncomfortable shopping for panties next to strange men.

• it is fine

• No it isn't your showing initiative...

• No, it's totally OK :)

• I actually think is cute when you see a guy buying something for his girl :) If you don't want to feel awkward just ask for help so you don't feel that odd :) Good luck :D

• It’s honestly fine, you might get the occasional odd look but there’s almost always a guy in the store when I’m there. Of course, if you think you’ll feel too awkward you can always order online as long as you know her size if it’s a bra etc.

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 26

• no you can go in an buy lingerie for your girlfriend. very normal. i know it may feel awkward. i've had female friends go with me at times when i was younger to make me feel less awkward; however, it is totally fine for a guy to go and buy stuff in the store

• Love the comments from the cold fish about how it is creepy and terrible and totally selfish and basically just a "gift for him". Please do guys a favor, and don't date! You clearly have no idea what is happening here.

• Guys do this for their girlfriends all the time. The sales clerks are quite accustomed to it. Just walk in, go directly to a clerk, and ask her to help you to select something. That is their job.

Don't ogle the ladies and no one will think you are creepy.

• Go into the store. I was kinda hesitant my first time but, the models, I mean sales persons are friendly. They are going to help you and be professional about it. Also you might get a bit lucky like I did. I didn't know what size my then wife was and my plan was to describe her body to the sales lady but, instead I said she looks like you. She didn't blush & it was a bit awkward until I told the lady my wife is smoking hot. The negligee & matching panties were a perfect fit. Have fun in the shop. The woman wish their man did it... if they dont.

• I was thinking along the same lines. If she doesn't regularly buy expensive lingerie, why wouldn't she appreciate something that compliments her figure?

• She'll appreciate your effort. In my eyes, it takes us men to get out of the macho image we were raised to portray and do these little things your woman is going love you for. Also it's not something you have to tell your friends, work buddies or your boss. It's between you & her and her good friends and family, lol. She'll talk good about you.

• Its more as guys we are just uncomfortable with it. The girls at the stores are great and helpful. They are also unassuming unlike TV makes them out to be. To make things easier find out her sizes before going.

• Not creepy at all. Dude, the women that work at stores like that are fucking hot and they love to talk to you. I actually enjoy going in there. It's only creepy if you make it creepy. Is this you bruh?
    www.reactiongifs.com/.../lurker.gif

• I don't think I'd have a girlfriend if I was that creepy. haha

• How would it be creepy? Don't worry man I had to buy stuff in Ann Summers before for my girlfriend at the time... (now my ex)

Only thing about buying online, particularly with lingerie is that you've got more variety online than in store.

Don't worry about how nervous you are. Just remember every guy is nervous going in there and the Victoria's Secret employees have been trained to accept that the guys will be nervous so they will understand. They see guys like you and me in there every day mate!

• No not at all, when I have brought lingerie for a woman I have always gone to a lingerie store. Talking to a sales associate can be very helpful, in getting something that is sexy for you to look at and that is comfortable for the lady who is wearing it for you.

Believe me, things will be a lot better if your girl is comfortable in what you buy her.

• Granted it will no longer be a surprise, but go there with your lady, and tell her to pick out what she likes.

• They'll be far more used to it than you think.

Go to the store.

• If it was really awkward the store owners would kick you out. I think you're okay. If you don't like it then talk to your girlfriend about it.

• It's only considered creepy if you ask the counter girl to model a crotchless teddy for you. Don't ask me how I know.

• Not at all she will be so grateful, your a good guy.

• Easier to buy a gift card for her. BUT tell her that you have to come and help more than usual to pick it out.

• Fuck everyone else and what they think. If you want to do something which isn't morally wrong or illegal then go ahead. Anyway you the one who wants to enjoy your girlfriend in hot lingerie, they don't get that pleasure so enjoy that time t ommorrow night ;)

• You're not the first to buy lingerie for your girlfriend. I would even say ask a clerk for help telling her what you look for and for who. Then you will be looking at lingerie with a clerk at your side, and people won't look at you

• I would ask the store cashier / clerk for advice on purchasing lingerie i don't see it being creepy.

• It's normal. It's creepy if your smelling them.

• If you look like that guy yes.

• The powers that be inserted that pic when promoting my question. Go figure. So, no.

• I don't think she will find it creepy, if you two have a regular sex life.

• nah. Plenty of guys don't have the balls to go in there and do that. Think of it as just another clothing store.

• It creepy at all just expensive how can the smaller and less material get more expensive

• It's automatically 50% less creepy when the clerk is helping you out

• Did you know, that, Victorias secret, was originally meant for men. The original store, had a deers head in front of it, to represent men.

The idea of VS was to help men pick out their womans "intimates" for them, or what they'd find hot on the woman

Women sort of took over the store now, and most men don't dare to enter it. Go look it up, it's interesting stuff

• Buy a g-string, thong, mini skirts and clothes have deep cleavage for her and let her wear them on the beach and in public. Make her a slut. That's totally normal in Western culture.

• Fuck Western women. They're whores, sluts and pornstars

• Dude--go to the store! You might get a chance to check out some hotties while you're there.