Why do people think gingers have no soul?

Is this a joke? How did this nonsense happen? Gingers are basically redheads with freckles. Wether or not someone finds them attractive is one thing. (I sure do!) But being evil? Having no soul? Stealing others souls? What the heck? Do you know why some people say things like that? What's your opinion on this?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I know of two reason, but I'm not sure which is true:
    1. In the middle aged people believed redheads were vampires in a past life. And since vampires are dead, I guess they figured the redheads had no souls
    2. It was a joke started on the show South Park

0|0
    0|0
    • The vampire theory sounds interesting. Redheads are truly rare. (Making the girls all the more special. ❤️)

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I guess it's a joke 😂 But I kind off like gingers they look kind off cute haha
    And KJ Apa is just handsome

0|0
    0|0
  • Gonna be honest, never understood that joke

0|0
    0|0
  • i think it was a thing in Europe

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait till you read my book lol all about them fallen red heads

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Blame it on Trey Parker and Matt Stone
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XN9fNbrUKzc/hqdefault.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not true that they're without a soul. They have a soul alright, ... a blackened corrupted... spawn of the devil...

OK, only kidding... But seriously...
    When my son was a little boy, we had a "ginger" for a neighbor and I think he liked her a little. When he was about six or seven he liked a redheaded cartoon character on "Rescue Heroes" named "Wendy Waters". The one episode, he must have said, "I love Wendy Waters" about two dozen times!

Anyway, I suspect my one son might marry a red head (soul included).

1|0
    0|0
  • FROm what I know this has been going of for a few years. I'm not so sure but I think it started with jokes and gags in movies. It probably is the same type of joke as the "blonde joke"

If your friend said that you have no soul then he was probably joking

If it is anyone else other than friend or family then they may have been mean to you

But if you are hurt by such a thing just remember the old saying; "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"

0|0
    0|0
    • I remember in a camp I went to with school or something one of the guys shared a book he bought that was jam packed with blonde jokes.

• https://youtu.be/8LGHX-FHOuA
    My wife is ginger. Sometimes I wonder if she has a soul lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's a joke.. an old one, don't take it personally : P unless they're intentionally trying to piss you off of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eric cartman

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of a broad back in Atlanta

0|0
    0|0
  • This is just a myth from the middle ages

0|0
    0|0
  • it´s a joke dude. nobody thinks that.