Do you know how to solve a Rubiks Cube?

Do you know how to solve a Rubiks Cube?

• Hell yeah I'm super good at solving Rubik's cubes
  • I can solve a Rubik's cube but I have to watch YouTube videos/it takes me a while
  • I always get close but never finish it
    Vote C
  • I'll try but I can't do it and that's ok with me
    Vote D
  • Rubik's cubes trigger me. I hate them. I can't solve it.
    Vote E
I'm the last option haha. I've never solved one 😂😂

1452

Most Helpful Guy

• Only when its brand new and you do a couple turns

Most Helpful Girl

• I can solve the Rubik's Cube, Rubik's Revenge, the Pyraminx, and the Mirror Cube.

What Guys Said 51

• Yes, you hit it with a hammer. Hit it, again and again until it DIES!!

• Yes. I had them in the 80s when they first came out but I didn't learn how to do fully solve them until 2001.

Essentially, there are a couple of patterns for each layer, and you solve it one layer at a time. You have to learn about 10 patterns to solve it.

• I believe it's really about memorization and figuring out the movement/sequence of the blocks. I should probably get one now that you brought it up 😅. Last time I had one was years ago and I solved one full side.

• I can't solve in under 30 seconds or anything like that but I solve rubik's cubes just as a way to fidget when I've nothing else to do xD

• I can solve a 3x3 rubiks cube it takes me a while because my cube is wooden, but I can solve it without needing a video.

Right now I am working on learning to solve a 4x4 cube (Rubiks cube revenge).

• same here

i never tried or had a rubix.
    but a crazy friend of mine is excellent at it
    he even plays with mirror rubix
    qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-6164ed48d4b8bc1a3e8db53b06745d09-c

that guy is basically nutbag, but he is good with cubes

• Yes, with Legos!

• Never solved one, they hurt me in my soft vulnerable places *sobs*

• I've gotten close but never solved one

• I have many times when I was in high school. But that was a long time ago, I'd have to remember the pattern which is probably lost lol.

• no but there´s like a strategy to it. i read it on the internet. it´s just like a few easy tricks so i could if i wanted xD

• the strategies harder than it seems. i did the same - found it online. the trick is to keep the middle ones still and never move them, then once you are close you just have to have the end patterns memorized from that stage. there are a lot of patterns to memorize 😂

• @DamonGill xD you don´t even need to solve it. just have a second one that is solved. drunk people won´t notice slide of hand :P

• ooh i like that! quickly changing my order to 2 cubes 😂

• I've solved it once or twice, but it's not interesting enough to me to practice. I can still do the bottom and middle row.

• Simply follow these steps in slow motion :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfpJZHP6DLA

• I hate those stuffs.

• i might be a little rusty. its been almost 10 years since i worked on last. But i can still do it

• I can solve it quick and easy... pop out the corner piece and then all of the other pieces can be removed apart from the centre square on each side. Then just match up the colours for each side. Takes about 3-4 minutes

• Yes, I can. It's really not that difficult. Also can create patterns within the cube.

• I use to once upon a time.

• If you put me in a cell with only a rubiks cube and tell me that I'll be left to starve until I solve it, I'm sure I'd finish it within 12 hours, I feel like I've figured most of it out, but I've barely spent any time on it

• Plain old „No” in the option would do just fine.
    Technically, they should be my thing. But…no. I don’t have any feeling about them. If we don’t count my opinion, that they are overrated.

• there is a way but I was not motivated to read that. music geek can though.

• Yes but with the use of algorithms. Its pretty hard to solve just on your own

• I solved it in my 9th or 10 the grade, me and my friends just you to sit at the back of the class and flipping the sides to see who could solve it faster. Had a lot of fun with them!!

• I peel off the colours and just replace them

• I've never solved Rubik's Cube , i tried it long time ago and gave up on it.

• i know how to take one apart and put it back together again in the correct order if that helps

• No but my brother can. He can solve them under 5 minutes.

• Nope. Rubik's cubes trigger me. I hate them. I can't solve it. lol

• I try but I cannot do them and that is fine with me haha 😂

• I left one side every damn time...

• More from Guys
    21

What Girls Said 13

• I can solve 2 sides of one LOL

• Yes - take all the tiles off and glue them back on the correct sides.

• Funny, honey, you should Ask this Question Here, dear. I have my own Cute Cube in my Living Room on a shelf, close to me, on Display where I can Look, no Longer be Hooked, at it every Day.
    We go way back. xx

• I can solve them.

• I've been trying for so many years, it has yet to happen. I'd probably get mad and break a window with a Rubiks cube before solving it.

• I never solved a rubiks cube

• Not a clue how to solve them!

• Nope.

• Never been one to solve one. Always upset me and I give it to my friend for finishing it.

• I can solve 3x3x3 rubiks cubes
    It's litterally just algorithms, and a tiny bit of logic

• But thats not solving it. You have to solve it yourself not by using an algorithm

Or create your own algorithm
      Its very hard to so

• But thats how it is; you analyze the pattern, and change certain things to get to the next step

• Sure but to actually get all the colors in the right spot all on your own is extremely difficult. I don't think average can get you there. You'd be exceptionally gifted if you can solve it on your own without any help

Sure you easily look up an algorithm, and they have many to solve then. Just remember 3 or 4 sequences and you got it

But that's not creating it, thats remembering it lol

• I did so once, made me believe it is possible

• Rubik's cubes trigger me. I hate them. I can't solve it. I wish I could though

• no, i'm not smart enough