Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?

Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?I learned a long time ago that when you are nervous about having conversations with people, just ask them a lot of random questions about themselves, because talking about ourselves is our favorite topic. So, I am typically pretty inquisitive. But, I also have an extremely curious nature that leads me to borderline annoy the crap out of people with my interrogations.

• I ask a lot!
  • I know enough.
Select a gender to cast your vote:

159

Most Helpful Girl

• I really don't ask that many questions. I have noticed that many "conversations" I have had with strangers, especially online, have turned to almost like interviews, where the other person asks me a bunch of questions and I answer them, but never ask them anything back. And that's because many people want to force me to befriend them, which I don't like at all. I don't ask questions I'm not interested in knowing the answers to.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was a kid I was afraid to ask questions so I missed out on a lot, at school and elsewhere. Though I sometimes may ask stupid questions on occasion now, I generally find that asking can save me a lot of time, especially at work.

What Girls Said 14

• There is nothing wrong with how you're approaching this and you have the right to be cautious these days, as you don't know who your getting involved with. I overall keep to myself unless I have a question. I hate small talk. So I wouldn't be asking anybody questions that aren't relevant to me. The only time I start asking questions, are to guys who ask me out and their strangers.

• I live by this

• I have been asking questions my whole life. I thrive on knowing more and love getting to know people.

I find the stupidest people I've ever met - who like to think they're so smart - actually ask no questions at all.

• I recently learned asking questions is the way to not judging others. Basically instead of assuming, we should ask for clarifications or more from them. Someone once said if a person knew everything about you, they would love you. So when you meet strangers, when there miscommunication etc ask questions.

• "Someone once said if a person knew everything about you, they would love you." It's a very nice way of thinking, but from my experience, once you know everything, you get bored and lose interest.

• I was inadvertently taught as a child that asking questions wouldn't get me anywhere.

So im REALLY bad at it now.

• It depends honestly. I try my best to stay away from asking too many questions with certain people. If we're having a conversation, then it has to be a two way street. I can't ask all the questions and neither can you.

• I ask too few questions because I never know the questions to ask.

• I am one of those people that preface the conversation with I may ask a lot of questions and I hope you don't mind but that's how I learn.

• I'm the same as you. people sometimes feel like I'm interviewing them, but I just love asking questions, just to get to know more about this other persons life. I love asking questions about work, relationships, hobby's, children, meaning of life. I also ask them if they have any advice on how to live your life. It's just too intresting. I can learn from it too.

• Usually, if I'm not shy or not INSANELY curious I don't ask. But if I do, I ask a lot to get the whole picture.

• I keep my mouth shut. Silently listen to the way others speak. I listen, and observe everything of everyone. To know ahead of time.

• I tend not to kill them with questions because men hate that

• only way to find if like them is by questioning

• Eight year old me's favourite word was 'Why' my favourite sentence was 'Why is that?'

What Guys Said 8

• always always always question everything... that's the basic fundation to the scientific principle questioning your surroundings questioning Authority. e the moment you stop questioning the moment you just turned into a sheep

• I don't like asking questions, I prefer to know people 'on the go', read between the lines etc. But then it can be hard to start a conversation or keep it going so if you want that, asking random questions is a good way to go.

• Always better to ask questiond

• Sometimes I do research until 4 am (and I save the results)

• I'm a very intellectually curious person, so I'd rather annoy with questions than to be ignorant

• The more you know, the more ignorant you feel. The more you know, the more miserable you become. Ignorance is bliss.

• I'm too shy to ask a lot.

• You can always know more