Is a big butt a distraction at the gym?

I have a big butt.. and at the gym I like to show it off wearing tight leggings or gym shorts just cuz I like the way it pops out but I’ve concerned if I’m showing it off too much. That is making it seem like I want extra attention when I don’t.

558

What Guys Said 58

• More than a distraction I see it as motivation. I love seen gym girls showing their gains! If guys are so proud of their biceps and triceps and show it all over why would it be bad for a girl to show their nice butt and thighs? They work hard for it and they have all the right to show it off. But I mean if you are in such that good shape, expect a load of eyes looking at it, same as gym girls looking at some hot guy with nice muscles. Same thing, it shouldn't be a big deal if you are confortable with yourself and don't mind the looking. Hope that helps.

• A nice butt can be. But most are focused on their workout. Plus, I have a hard time thinking any guys would complain really. Unless they are gay ass bitches. Also, you'd just get jealous girls complaining or cutting eye at you. The guys would probably see if you need a spot with your squats or something. Trust me, we never think it's a bad thing to have a crisp body showing off around us.

• No this really distracts me lol. It never did till big butts started hanging out around the gym. I think it motivates a guy. I'd rather work harder knowing a girls looking at me vs hearing song lyrics. Trust me there's a guy at your gym with too much testosterone in his system that sees that ass and is thinking about that ass. Its the Gym the male body produces so MUCH test, he's Feeling Enough euphoria and then sees an ass he loves It's Game over. That ass just scored points in his mind.

• Honestly, you re not asking a question, you re just teasing the guys over here 😜

• You like to show it off, but don't want the attention? I'm confused, why show it off then? We guys are visual, so if we find you attractive at all, you're a distraction lol. We might simply ignore it, or sometime we can help but look. But like you women, we tend to try and focus on our workouts. But we'll take the occasional look.

• You like the attention.

"I like to show it off wearing tight leggings or gym shorts just cuz I like the way it pops out"

• "I like to show it off"
    "I like the way it pops "

if you didn't realize - that's wanting extra attention lol
    --> so now that we got that outta of the way, yes it's a huge distraction but it's not like I'm going to stop working out just because of a nice ass... I mean Ill see easily 10 nice asses at the gym..

no biggie lol but it's great eye candy and motivation, yes

• Hmm. You said "I like to show it off" but then also said "... like I want extra attention when I don't" which is it?

• I like my body and how it looks but I don’t like having guys ogle at me it makes me uncomfortable

• Yeah when you get stares from old men it’s creepy

• Wow. Age-ist. If you feel uncomfortable, change your clothes. Or go for runs. Work out at home. At a different gym etc

• Technically, you're being a big help raising our testosterone. :D
    When I am at the gym, I am purely focused on my workout. I will, occasionally, glance over at the ladies, however, when it's time to train - I train. They aren't necessarily a distraction, but can be sweet eye candy for a moment.

• Your butt is your butt... as long as it is covered (as in the shorts aren't showing asscheek), anyone that is distracted u can just ignore. It's a "them" problem. :-P

• A big butt may or may not be a distraction.
    A. The Positive Side of the big bum.
    Considering you're into fitness/sports, think about the big butt as your best friend. The bigger the butt the more muscle that baby bum packs. The more power and speed you can generate.

B. Do what you like doing.
    You ain't Santa nor are you Chocolate to make everyone happy, you are yourself so you must make just yourself happy.

C. It's not your problem.
    If someone gets distracted that's their lookout. They should probably get blinders on. They're at the gym to workout not stare and be distracted.

D. You know yourself better.
    You know you're wearing what you wear coz you like it, not for the attention. The world will look at you, pass a judgment, irrespective of what you intend, without even a thought.
    As long as your intentions are clear, there's nothing wrong. So
    DO NOT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT IT

• Not to me but I know I'm the odd man out for not caring for butts. I'd assume it's distracting to most guys, yes

• No it's not for me; I don't stare at women blantantly

• It is distracting and I recommend you wear something more covering.

• If you don't want the extra attention wear sweats not skin tight leggings or shorts lol.

As for me I'm not going to be paying any attention to you, I go to the gym to train not to gawk at people.

• "That is making it seem like I want extra attention when I don’t."
    Sooooo, how much attention are you looking for exactly?

• I would not be focusing on a girls ass but i wouldn't deny it would be nice to see

• more like a motivation than a distraction xD

• It's definitely a distraction! A big, perky, pretty distraction. Are you making it seem like you want attention? Yes. If that bothers you then you may want to wear something that is a little more discreet.

• It's Fair

You Have a Nice Car And You Don't Wanna Locked Up In The Garage

Make Em Look At That Beauty

• It's probably not a big enough distraction for guys to stop their lifts. But if you purposely show it off, yeah they are gonna look

• Just reading what you typed hurt my head. You said you like showing it off, and now you don't want the extra attention.

Get a reduction in your butt. That way you can still show it off and don't have to worry about getting attention.

• You show it there so why not show it here?

• When I used to work at one it was. Then there came this girl with an incredible face, petite body who worked there

• Coming from the larger dude at the gym, occasionally if your butt is "popping" out, it makes thing slightly awkward, for example if I want to deadlift behind your squat rack. The other night I had to turn around I felt so uncomfortable, and face away from the mirror I use to check my form mid pull

• Guys notice. But we try not to openly stare at the gym. The worst you'll get are some glances and some guys asking if you want to be their workout partner.

• Well yeah everyone checks everyone in the gym and common a girl with a big booty on right leggings that's a lethal combination

• When you're stinking of sweat, it'll be a repellant. So don't worry about it and work out! haha.

• Not unless it's huge. I'm not into butts.

• Not necessarily for me actually.

• More from Guys
    28

What Girls Said 5

• There's nothing wrong with looking hot, plus all workout clothes are at least a bit tight.

• I'm sure it is to some guys

• Yeup

• yeah it makes you look like you want attention

• No one cares. They're there to work out. No one even notices you