If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

I'm illegally logging, so prison time hangs in the balance.If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Updates:
Lol, no problem ☺
The certainty of your answers to this centuries old philosophical question of existence amuses me.

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Shackles around the Ankles makes a Rattling noise. xx

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I said to cut the weed man. Cut the weed!

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No, it doesn't. Sound only exists when it is perceived by a living, conscious creature. Otherwise it's just a series of vibrations.

0|1
    0|1
  • If you're logging that would at least place you in the forest, so you can't really get an accurate answer

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm using drones to cut down those lazy trees

• Show All
    • Ahh sure, this sounds about right

• Find amd watch Episode V and you'll understand everything you need tp

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Your questions make me feel so not intellectually prepared for this site

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I'm a cop.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Just because nobody heard, doesn't mean there wasn't a sound. Did you hear the roaring of a thunderstorm that was across the world?

0|1
    0|1
  • Define what sound means? If you mean it has to be heard, then no, nobody hears it. But if you're saying if it releases out sound waves, waves propagating through the air, then yes it does.

0|0
    0|0
    • It seems as though you already have defined it, waves aren't sound.

• I mean there's a lot of ways people use the word sound. Most people use it to describe something they hear, but physicist define it differently.

• Yes! there's a storm currently over my city at the moment so by that logic, does that mean it's doesn't exist simply because your not there to heat it? no of course not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sound is a wave, and the wave was still there even if it disipates before it is heard.

0|0
    0|0
  • Birds and other creatures hear it 😂😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I sincerely hope someone catches you.

0|0
    0|0
    • I sincerely hope you are joking

• Show All
    • I am, but I'm not sure if it's with you or at you

• I don't mind either way, as long as you're making a noise that can be heard, even though I can't see you.

• The observer observe the observed?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes