Do guys notice small changes in a girls appearance ?

Do guys generally notice small changes in a woman's appearance ?

If they do , do they normally comment on it ?

Today I was talking to a guy that I normally see to talk to about once a week . I have had my hair cut since I last saw him ( just a trim , nothing drastic ) .

He was still a little drunk from going out the night before . The first thing thing he said to me was " New hair cut ? " ,

I know he's noticed things about me before ( once I was wearing glasses , he noticed but didn't comment .. but he was sober that day !)

I was always under the impression that men don't really notice the small stuff , or if they do the don't normally mention it .

Am I wrong about that ?

610

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I used to notice things, and I would say that this was one thing I was amazingly good at. But, I learned that in my life, it wasn't really helping me out much. So, I stopped complimenting... then eventually, I stopped noticing.

So, I'm a lot rustier at it when I try to notice things, unless it's what seems like a huge change. Or unless I find it interesting, like a cool designed chain or something like that. I wish I had retained that ability to notice small details. I can sometimes pick up on those little details in other areas, but as for changing appearance, unless it's drastic, I don't seem to notice as much as I used to.

For some guys, it doesn't pay to notice. Some of us are good at it, then get bad at it. Some of us never bother to notice in the first place. Some of us notice, but choose not to mention it.

It's all different based on each guy.

• Why wasn't it really helping you out much ?

• Yeah. That's what I think. Sometimes not being excited about a change is understandable, and you might even say, "Well, I don't know if it's working for me, but thank you..." is OK. Example: You get a bad haircut... or your contacts are messed up and you have to wear some old glasses that you think look ugly on you... But acting like the guy is a creeper or is hitting on you if he says "I like your scarf..." or sneering at him for "I like your haircut" is not a reaction anyone should give.

• Agreed :) . I'm not great at receiving compliments ( I'm a bit shy and am just a bit surprised that anybody even noticed ) . I always say thank you though .