Do guys notice small changes in a girls appearance ?

Do guys generally notice small changes in a woman's appearance ?

If they do , do they normally comment on it ?

Today I was talking to a guy that I normally see to talk to about once a week . I have had my hair cut since I last saw him ( just a trim , nothing drastic ) .

He was still a little drunk from going out the night before . The first thing thing he said to me was " New hair cut ? " ,

I know he's noticed things about me before ( once I was wearing glasses , he noticed but didn't comment .. but he was sober that day !)

I was always under the impression that men don't really notice the small stuff , or if they do the don't normally mention it .

Am I wrong about that ?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I used to notice things, and I would say that this was one thing I was amazingly good at. But, I learned that in my life, it wasn't really helping me out much. So, I stopped complimenting... then eventually, I stopped noticing.

So, I'm a lot rustier at it when I try to notice things, unless it's what seems like a huge change. Or unless I find it interesting, like a cool designed chain or something like that. I wish I had retained that ability to notice small details. I can sometimes pick up on those little details in other areas, but as for changing appearance, unless it's drastic, I don't seem to notice as much as I used to.

For some guys, it doesn't pay to notice. Some of us are good at it, then get bad at it. Some of us never bother to notice in the first place. Some of us notice, but choose not to mention it.

It's all different based on each guy.

2|0
    0|0
    • Why wasn't it really helping you out much ?

• Show All
    • Yeah. That's what I think. Sometimes not being excited about a change is understandable, and you might even say, "Well, I don't know if it's working for me, but thank you..." is OK. Example: You get a bad haircut... or your contacts are messed up and you have to wear some old glasses that you think look ugly on you... But acting like the guy is a creeper or is hitting on you if he says "I like your scarf..." or sneering at him for "I like your haircut" is not a reaction anyone should give.

• Agreed :) . I'm not great at receiving compliments ( I'm a bit shy and am just a bit surprised that anybody even noticed ) . I always say thank you though .

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My husband always notices small things. I think that most guys just don't think it's necessary to comment on it. I've always noticed that guys who notice the "small things" seem to have a reason for noticing (ie: they might like you).

But, I've had other guy friends notice changes, too. So, maybe it's society that just assumes that men don't notice?

2|0
    0|0
    • yes , some may like you and others just have eyes in their head :)

• i usually don't notice small changes either in girls or boys , but I guess its only me because I know people that notice just about any change in anything/anyone's appearance

the only way id notice a change in a girl's appearance is if I liked her or at least had a thing for her :D

1|0
    0|0
    • I think that I normally notice ... I just comment if it's a good change , and I like them :)

• Sometimes we don't mention it because the girl will think we're making a proposition or something...but yes, we notice it. When guys are drunk, they're more likely to comment, as with the guy you mention.

2|0
    0|0
  • hard to say. I notice small things every now and than but prob not as much as they happen. I generally comment if I was checking her out noticing details about her and if I see her again I'll notice something is different. other times I comment when someone changed something in such a way that I like.

IE: someone with strait hair curls it is something I usually notice and comment on it. in turn I like long hair so if someone cut it short I'll notice but usually don't comment on because I don't want them to feel bad when I say something like "why did you cut your hair?"

1|0
    0|0
    • So , do you think that normally if a guy notices a change and lets me know that he noticed .. that means he likes the change ?

To be honest , I notice quite small changes in people ... I just don't comment on the bad ones :)

• I'm not sure what he thinks but if it was me than yes "he" likes the changes that he tells you about.

• Most men don't notice, but some do, it depends on their attention to detail

0|0
    0|0
  • i do.

0|0
    0|0
    • You notice ? Or you tell her you've noticed ?

Do you notice small changes in all the girls you know ? Or just the ones you like ?

• i notice small changes on those chicks I'm attracted to. if I'm not attracted I don't really look so I can't see.

and I mention it sometimes, not always. if I'm dating/in a relationship I'm probably gonna say something and maybe throw in a compliment here and there as a bonus. but if I'm not dating her (but interested), I'm probably not gonna mention it.

• ye if I like her

0|1
    0|0
  • Ehh sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
    • Whenever she's gotten a new haircut, shoes, shirt, clothes in general but then again she could have just had them for a while and worn it for the first time in front of me so yeah.

• The guy I'm dating right now does! I did my eye make up fancier than usual since it was a Saturday night and he complimented me on it which was really sweet :) and that I re did my nails since I have been working so I've had chipped nails the past week lol. Nice to know he notices things and that he takes notice into what I'm wearing :)

1|0
    0|0
  • the guy I used to like, he would notice every piece of jewelry I wore, from my bracelets to rings to necklaces and he would ask me if they had any meaning to them, I even caught his eyes rolling top to bottom when I wore a new shirt or something, made me feel stripped naked

i swear men are x ray visual creatures

0|0
    0|0
  • I often notice something's different but can't quite figure out what xD

0|0
    0|0
  • some do and some don't

0|0
    0|0
  • I dyed my hair from dark dark brown to light blond and my boyfriend didn't notice.

0|0
    0|0
  • we might notice it but we're not going to care enough comment unless it's a major change.

0|0
    0|0
    • note to self: when a girl makes some kind of change regardless of how trivial, acknowledge it and tell her you like it to make her feel good about it and show her you're paying attention to her appearance.

• I don't.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes