Ladies: Does your boyfriend pump gas for you? Guys: Do you pump gas for your girlfriend?

My boyfriend pumped gas for me today. I wasn’t sure what to do... so I just waited in the car. LOL But it was really sweet.Ladies: Does your boyfriend pump gas for you? Guys: Do you pump gas for your girlfriend?
Updates:
*I didn’t know what to do while he was pumping gas so I just waited in the car.
*I can see how it seems like I meant I didn’t know what to do LOL sorry
*Am I supposed to return the favor?

0|5

Most Helpful Guys

• I think a boyfriend should always do that for her, especially if she is nice enough to pick him up in her vehicle.

5|3
    0|0
  • I don't have a lady yet but when I do, I only drink a fine Mexican drink and pump her the finest gas. But that sounded so sweet! I'm glad you got such a good boyfriend :) and for fun... I personally want to wait to pump my gas until I'm married, its kind of special :)

2|1
    0|0
    • Sometimes you just need to learn to enjoy being treated and that can be the best thank you of all, to learn how to gracefully accept the gift

• Show All
    • 7d

Already have some things up my sleeve 😊

• 7d

Thanks for the MHO!!! :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 47

• Of course! Some girls like that, some do not. The girl is supposed to get out of the car and do stretches and hair flips and stuff, important for circulation for the next part...

sit in the car... no no no!!! No you go around after he pumped gas, in your high heels, and block his entry to getting into the car and... well... make a bit of a scene, but don't set the place on fire. That in psychological terms is called positive reinforcement. He will be even more happy to pump gas next time!

1|0
    0|0
    • You know I'm joking, my girlfriend waiting in the car every time, I'm just suggesting some fun things to do.:) you did fine!

• Show All
    • 7d

I think that be a winner!:)

• This is bad. I have worked like crazy for 20 years. She has always got her own gas because of it. Now I have slowed down, it's hard for both of us. For her to wait & me to give attention to her car's gas gauge. But I definitely fill it when I am with her.

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

As for your question to return the favor. . .

I guess you could say I am a bit old fashion. I believe that a gentleman (if you don't mind me using this term) should fill a ladies car. The return favor comes in gratitude. A kiss, hug, & a thank you goes a long way. Depending how money is handled between you two, you could offer to pay him back. But you shouldn't feel so out of sorts over it. Perhaps the time will come when you fix him a meal & he gets to just enjoy it. Of course, he should feel obliged to help clean up. 😉

• 7d

I definitely expressed my appreciation! Thanks for the response ☺️☺️

• I usually do it myself since I’m driving 90% of the time. How do you not know what to do tho? It’s so easy 😄

1|1
    0|0
  • I would so pump! Lol

Actually I always have pumped the gas. Why would she? There's a chance she could get some spilled on her. Yet, here, a gas station attendant pumps the gas.

2|0
    0|0
    • I’ve never seen a gas station attendant in Texas.

• Show All
    • You can return the favor for him. But only if he can still control the car while you do that for him. 😂😂

• 7d

LOL 😂

• I let her pump me I mean my gas. I mean fuel for the car lol

But why you all awkward. Just cause he’s putting in gas why you all twitchy and fidgety. Just chill lol making him all nervous too 😂

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Umm because I’ve never had a man like this in my life so I don’t know how to respond! Lol plus awkward normal for me

• I do get gas for my lady... pay, all the works, but I don't see it as special. she's Standing there pumping gas in the cold while I sit in the leftover heated car, what kind of mate would I be lol. thats not right. plus im old fashioned.

and this post made me genuinely hate the word PUMP.
    also I knew some of these mates here would make a sexual reference.
    Ladies: Does your boyfriend pump gas for you? Guys: Do you pump gas for your girlfriend?

1|0
    0|1
  • I always pumped the gas and made her wait in the car, I also buy her favorite snack and drink and a few scratch tickets. And I also insisted on taking my car unless it was at the mechanic, and if we had to use her car, I drove and always filled the gas tank regardless of how much or little we drove.

3|2
    0|1
  • Generally who ever is driving does the fuel or whoever is more inclined.

To us, it's like laundry and cooking and cleaning. It's something that needs to be done and one would hope everyone knows how to do it. I mean you just stand there, squeeze the little trigger and watch the price go up... It's not rocket science.

0|0
    0|0
  • A real man always pumps the gas.
    Especially in the cold weather.

8|1
    0|4
  • I always do no matter what, but I don't call it gas, i call sex juice

1|1
    1|0
  • I pump my own gas. Psh, her legs aren’t broken my girlfriend can do it! Lol chivalry is dead.
    In Oregon, USA they still have someone pump your gas for you. I was really confused why a random guy came up to me when I was filling my tank.

0|1
    2|0
  • Wtf? I do this all the time. Why? Men don’t do this?

2|0
    0|0
    • My brother did it during inclement weather once about a decade ago. I’ve never had a man do this until today.

• You are missing out! Men are no longer men anymore. Feel bad for girls. Too
      Many punk asses out there

• 7d

I think there are a lot of great men out there, and conversely, a lot of punk ass women as well.
      I’m just not used to someone doing something like that. My boyfriend also carried my bag (not purse) the same day.

• I remember as a 17 year old going on a date with a girl who had just passed her driving test, she picked me up in her car and stopped for petrol, I'd never filled up before and when she asked me to do it was pretty much the equivalent of losing my virginity! Not knowing where to place the equipment, what to do with it, how much to pump, when to stop. Don't recall having a 2nd date with her! lol

0|0
    0|0
  • For whatever reason I am driving. I will pump gas for any and every woman that is driving me around and needs her vehicle refueled. In fact, if I see an elderly person pull up to the pump while I am refueling. I will offer to pump there gas for them. Most of the men will kindly decline my offer. When I insist, most of the women will allow me to proceed. I don’t do it to do good deeds. It’s out of respect. I always worried about my grandparents. If they ever struggled with something. Did somebody offer a hand, or just watch them struggle.

3|2
    0|0
  • It would NEVER occur to me NOT to pump gas if we were both in the car. I don't want my girl's soft, sexy hands smelling like gasoline !!

3|1
    0|1
    • 7d

No, there's no need to "return the favor" ... think of some other way to say "thank you". :) I'm sure you can up with something.

• 7d

Who's the loser dude that will make his girlfriend pump gas?

• Yes I pump her gasoline. I also open doors, help with her coat, hold her chair at a restaurant or if booth I wait until she is seated and offer to light her cigarettes.

2|1
    0|1
  • Depends on the girl. If she's sweet and innocent im going to pump the gas. Otherwise she can pump her own gas.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I'm driving I will get out and pump gas, otherwise I sit around and twiddle my thumbs.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, if it’s her car. She can do it herself. She would have too if I wasn’t here... learning to be responsible is key

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll pump her gas as a favor once in awhile but I won't do it all the time or I'll get taken for granted.

1|0
    0|0
  • My homie does it while I sit in the car. My homie being the dude getting paid to do it. I live in Oregon.

1|1
    0|0
    • They still have those car hop guys in Oregon?

• As of 01/01/2018, customers can now pump their own gas in Oregon, though only at stand-alone gas stations in counties with fewer than 40,000 residents.

• Wow. Thanks for the fun fact!

• It's technically illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey and Oregon.

2|0
    0|0
  • When I had a girlfriend I pumped her gas for her sometimes.

2|0
    1|0
  • If I am asked to, yes. But generally the driver pumps the gas.

0|1
    0|0
  • Aww that was nice of him :) Best Wishes to you two :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I would if I had one.

1|1
    1|0
  • I pump her ass

3|5
    0|0
  • I don't pump her gas, but I often pump her.

1|3
    1|0
  • Nawwww

2|0
    0|0
  • of course and carry the shopping

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 35

• My husband still pumps my tank for me.

4|2
    1|0
  • If he sees my car getting low then he does... however it’s not chivalry that triggers it, it’s the fact we massively disagree about leaving the baby in the car to go and pay so he takes that option out of the equation by filling it.
    Before we had the baby I did my own. My car, my responsibility 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • When I didn't know how to drive (or anything about cars), he pumped the gas because he knew what to do, and taught me what you're supposed to do.
    I know how to drive now, but haven't taken the exam yet, so I don't have a license. This means he is still the driver and it is customary here that the driver pumps the gas. I wouldn't want him to pump gas for me if I were driving.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m proud to say that I know how to do that myself 😂 I am even an amazing driver!

1|1
    0|0
  • If my husband is with me he will do it, but I'll always ask if he needs anything from in the store I can run and grab for him while he does it. I don't mind doing my own but he is a gentleman for sure.

0|1
    0|0
  • I use public transportation 90% of the time, but when I do use my car and need gas, I pump it myself. It’s always been that way whether I was in or out of a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely, he pumps gas and even takes my truck and fills it up when he knows I'm low on gas!

2|2
    0|0
  • No one I’m gay and in New Jersey the state pumps your gas.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never had a guy pump gas for me (let alone a boyfriend do it for me). I think i’m the type to offer my boyfriend that (granted i have one though) 😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I pump my own gas but if a guy were to pump gas for me that’d be sweet—if he isn’t my boyfriend he shouldn’t do it all the time cause then it’ll become old news. Just once in a blue moon is enough to stir up interest and “aww how sweet” thoughts

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, he does. I've offered to do it numerous times but he just tells me to relax.

1|2
    1|0
  • As a person in a relationship without such gender roles, the unspoken rule is "whoever's driving"

1|1
    2|2
  • You can’t pump your own gas in NJ.

@chocolatecheesecake

1|1
    0|0
    • I've never been to NJ is that a state law or is do all the stations just do that automatically?

• Show All
    • 7d

@EmmaStar certainly don’t believe all of them are stupid, but there’s a large amount of them who are less capable of thinking. There’s a reason why the Internet jokes about them all the time 😄

• 7d

@tom98 I want to argue with you, but I then realized... Trump 😑

• That’s so sweet! I have a hybrid so I hardly ever need to gas up, but I’d think it was endearing gesture.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well geez now I feel like I've never dated a gentleman! I've never had a guy even offer to do it, but it's never bothered me. Who ever is driving is the one who pumps it lol

0|0
    0|0
  • My brother and dad always pumped my gas which I thought was ridiculous until it was pouring and my ex wanted me to pump it... maybe I’m an entitled princess but I didn’t get out the car.

0|0
    0|0
  • its cute. plus i always fuck it up somehow. like that thing u flick down to keep the gas flowing i always end up breaking it or doing something that ruins it

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on who's driving and what side of the car the gas port is on.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can do it myself. I have always done it myself too because then i can be sure that im not paying more then i have.

0|0
    0|0
  • My husband takes my car and brings it back on empty. 😑

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s considered the thing to do when you’re dating lol it’s like opening a door for her. Not all do it though

0|0
    1|0
  • He has when I can't be arsed to do it. 🤷

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I do that myself.

1|1
    0|0
  • All my boyfriends did.

1|2
    1|0
  • My husband does it for me 😍😍😍

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be nice

1|0
    0|0
  • I Pump gas when I'm the one who was driving.

1|0
    0|0
  • chauffeur do this

0|2
    0|0
  • Chivalry obviously is still alive and kicking

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m single so I pump my own gas

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls