5 of the Strangest Things That Have Been Banned

Waffles731

There are plenty of things that have been banned, some have some form of logic behind them whereas others not so much. Here are somethings that have been banned for no good reason what ever.

1. In the U.K, certain types of porn (but only if they are made in the U.K)

In 2014 a rather long list of sexual acts were banned from being shown in porn but only if the porn was made in the U.K so you could see all of this if it was like from Australia or the U.S, or Germany if you are in the mood for the incredibly disturbing experience of watching German porn.

Here are a few of them,

A. Face-sitting

B. Caning

C. Spanking

D. Watersports

E. Physical Restraints

F. Female Ejaculation

Now if you read the list it really does take aim at BDSM and as someone who rather prefers femdom porn thats kinda sad. Now that picture right up there is of the protest that took place outside of Parliament after this was pass people actually engaged in Face-Sitting whilst clothed outside of parliament which might be the strangest way of protesting I've ever heard of, not that I mind though. :P

2. Ketchup Banned from French School and College cafeterias

In 2011 France banned Ketchup from school and college cafeterias because it was somehow ruining authentic french food, though it is allowed for the sole exception of french fries which no one actually knows where those come from, the most likely candidates being France or Belgium

Also this was said, "France must be an example to the world in the quality of its food, starting with its children," said Bruno Le Maire, the agriculture and food minister."

Now, I'm of the (admittedly rather unpopular opinion on this site) that French food is VASTLY overrated and leagues behind the food they influenced in their former colonies, I'm also of the unpopular opinion that French is an ugly language in the form of it spoken in France, but just amazingly beautiful in the forms spoken in the former colonies as well. So I might be a little biased but that just seems a little extreme right. You can't really force someone to like a food, if that was going to work then the fact is that parents would have a MUCH easier time getting their kids to eat.

3. In the U.S kinder surprise eggs

You didn't think I'd leave my home off this list. Not a chance in hell just because I love it doesn't mean I don't acknowledge its flaws I do and I want to fix them. These eggs are banned officially because the FDA says that plastic in them is a choking hazard. Now I do have another theory, I have had similar candy's and chocolates that are made in the U.S so my thought is that some candy companies used some influence to get a U.S monopoly on this kind of shit. Why, because I know where to legally buy candy with plastic toys inside in the U.S, you can get them in certain candy stores. Is it a conspiracy theory, yes, is it a completely plausible and extremely unimportant and boring one, very much so, but what I've noticed is that the more plausible, boring, and unimportant ones actually stand up to scrutiny and on occasion one of them is shown to be true.

4. In China Reincarnation without the governments consent.

It's well known that China is campaigning against religion as a form of state sanctioned atheism, really any authoritarian government is either going to be against all religions, or against all religions but the one that they specifically sanction. This is a part of the campaign against the Dali Llama and the Tibetan Buddhists, but seriously, say that reincarnation does happen either with anyone or just those who want that as an option for an afterlife whatever. So how do you enforce this furthermore how to do try this and do you think that anyone reincarnating might actually obey this law, is there a form that the spirit would have to fill out. This might be the least practical authoritarian law I've ever heard of.

5. In Australia porn with small boobs

Like Britain they banning certain types of porn made in-country. They claimed that small boobs in porn might 'encourage pedophilia' but seriously Australia what the actual fuck. I mean seriously, don't you guys have other things that need attending too cause this is just freaking ridiculous.

7
7

Most Helpful Guy

• JudgmentDay
    I would like to try some of those Kinder Eggs candies you just mentioned. So, what are the best places to "legally buy candy with plastic toys inside in the U. S."?
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Blonde401
    Yeah we rebelled against that porn b/s in the UK, nobody takes it seriously honestly. Banning Kinder Eggs is evil cause Kinder Eggs are bomb.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Waffles731

I'd expect nothing less than rebelling against a porn ban

• Blonde401

Haha although we are known for being 'no sex please, we're British'. Nobody enforces that shit.

• Waffles731

i think thats just because of the variant everyone is used to hearing is that posh london accent.
      Whereas no one who heard the 9th doctor thought his accent was prudish, and since you've said you have the northern accent I doubt people would say that about you.
      Despite it being harder to understand I actually think it sounds better, a little more natural and not annoying

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

66
  • madhatters4
    #1 not sure about the facesitting. were they worried people would hurt each other? and i don't understand how the female ejaculation or watersports would relate to bdsm

#2 just like the french to ban something because they think it is ruining their general cuisine. haha gotta love the persnickety french

#5 it's not only about pedophilia but also (from what i heard) to dissuade any chances of under age girls being exploited in porn... although i feel like in some ways it forces women who want to do porn to get breast enhancements or be discriminated against.
  • COCOCHANEL
    lol what's wrong with caning
  • Spiorad_Aisce
    I knew in Ireland we had so many archaic laws floating about that they were laughable but still on the books. I found one in an article that said "Up till 1964 the punishment for suicide was death by hanging"
  • vishna
    2, 4, and 5, man. What did ketchup, a yummy condiment, ever do to France. And the logistics of banning reincarnation XD And poor small boobed porn stars.
  • YourFutureEx
    Porn with small dick should also banned under 'encourage pedophilia'.
    I WANT EQUALITY!
    I WANT JUSTICE!
  • anonman32
    if porn with small boobs promotes pedophilia then they should just like ban all of the fashion world except for those 5 positive ones.
  • This_is_my_username
    the last made me choke on my food a little :P
  • SlightlyCrazy
    Can we focus on actual issues now
    • Waffles731

This isn't about issues, this is about a good laugh

• Waffles731

Tell me you didn't find any of this even a little funny

• Nope not your fault
      weird sense of humor

• helloitsmethere
    What the fuck Australia?
  • FinnishBeautyGirl
    w. t. f
  • Zorax
    The last two bans are really hilarious :P
  • Mustachekitteh
    #4 and #5 are the most, "wtf you dummies?"