My Problem with Trump Claiming He'll Jail Clinton if He Wins

Waffles731

I just want to say up front that I fully believe THAT BOTH Candidates belong in prison, They are evil no question but I have serious reservations with the idea that Trump is willing to prosecute and imprison Clinton.

Now I know that there are plenty of people thinking that I'm being a hypocrite with what I've said so far, or that I'm making no sense but my reservation isn't about Clinton going to prison. It's the fact that Trump is literally threatening his political opponent with prison.

He is not debating his opponent he is saying he will imprison his primary opponent.

Now who else has done shit like that in history?

Thats a tactic that Benito Mussolini and other totalitarian dictators used heavily and happily and now people are saying, 'oh you just invoked Mussolini you lose'. The fact is that when someone is literally saying he will imprison his political opponent, THAT PERSON IS COMPARABLE. This makes me nervous as it's a slippery slope.

For example:

Ted Cruz says he believes that abortion is murder and if we allow people like Trump to imprison their political opponents, is it any stretch of the imagination that a man like Ted (The Canadian Bastard) Cruz would try to do the same to pro-choice advocates?

Or on the other side...

By this logic say Gabrielle Gifford, who survived being shot in the head during an assassination attempt, was elected.

Are we supposed to be okay with a person like her trying to imprison gun rights activists?

That is kind of how I see Trump's wanting to put Clinton in jail if he wins. It's not about the person; it's the fact that it sets a precedent for the winner of an election to throw their former opponent in jail. That's actually fucking terrifying.

9
12

Most Helpful Girl

• ginny_weasley
    My problem with it is that the FBI found nothing wrong with it. He seems to think that being president is a very authoritarian job and he holds all the glory and power in his hands. I don't think he knows how checks and balances works, but he doesn't seem to understand he can't jail her if the FBI don't no fault in what she did.
    Is this still revelant?
    • TheSpartan

Actually, James Comie repeatedly said that yes, Clinton violated several Federal laws. All he said was that he wasn't recommending prosecution.

• @TheSpartan while it was incredibly stupid and careless to do what she did, no one was talking prosecution. He doesn't have the authority to throw her in jail, so he needs to shut his cakehole. This is how checks and balances work.

• TheSpartan

James Comie or President Trump? Neither threatened to throw anyone in jail.

Most Helpful Guy

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

811
  • madhatters4
    my problem is this. federal prosecutors have already investigated this and while they condemned her for misuse of the email server they also recommended that she not be prosecuted further.

so it should be a non-issue from the standpoint that trump doesn't need to constantly bring it up. we all know she did this, we all know it was wrong, so to me trump merely uses it as a diversionary tactic and another rallying cry of his supporters rather than moving on and dealing with real issues that we americans need handled

it also shows how simple minded he is when it comes to the political process. if he became president he would have little to no success prosecuting this further. only a low level federal prosecutor would take the case and they'd run into a nearly instant blockade as people can simply refuse to talk and hand over information pertaining to a matter deemed resolved
  • FemaleAssassin
    This stupid election will effect the all of us, why can't u fatass americans just take care of your own shit for once without affecting the whole world? Gosh..
    • Waffles731

Well, Gee having the largest economy in the world, over 6000 nuclear weapons, and a permanent seat on the U. N Security counsel just to start means that we do,
      Sorry we can't all be a Country without any major pull

• If u just didn't put your noses up everyone's ass and didn't fund terrorist groups, the rest of the world would've probably liked your government.

• Waffles731

Yeah, the U. S is the only one funding Terrorist groups and sticking their noses in other peoples business.
      I'm sorry, I wasn't Aware that the Brits didn't fund protestant terrorist groups. I wasn't aware that Europe had stopped fucking over africa economically. I wasn't aware that France had finally stopped meddling in Algeria.

• 

• Phoenix98
    He's not really threatening her she does actually by law which she broke demands that she goes to prison. Any other person in the world if they had done even a 5th of what Hillary has done they would have been jailed within days of committing the crimes and the key thrown away.

The only reason Hillary isn't in prison is because the democratic party corrupt politicians and people she's paid off are protecting her. If Trump becomes president that all goes away he's not going to snatch her up in the middle of the night, he's going to use the proper justice system to bring Hillary to justice for her crimes.

The blood of the innocent people on her hands, and the lives of the countless people she's destroyed demand it and we the people demand it and we will not be denied.
    • Waffles731

But it doesn't change the fact that we can't let a political opponent do that.
      Throwing your political opponents in prison is Fascism 101 right along with how to properly wear a jackboot

• Phoenix98

Except he wouldn't be a political opponent he'd be the president which make him her boss.

I'm sorry but I can't agree with you on this at all, that cunt needs to pay, and he's not just going after all every corrupt politician in the goverment is on his list he's finally doing what no president before him has done at least in a long ass time, cutting out the corruption at the source.

• Waffles731

HE IS a political opponent,
      They are duking it out here

• Other_Tommy_Wiseau
    Says Obama is a dictator... Orders an attorney general to hire prosecutor to personally investigate rival to put her in jail... I honestly think this shit is overblown, but that's some 3rd world Russia shit
  • CisScum
    I doubt he will actually in the sense that when someone promises a lot of things in the election area, they rarely do all of what they propose they will.
  • Elarra
    People who agree with what Trump said prove they don't know the first thing about Federal law and the Constitution. By him saying last night during the debate that he would get a special Prosecutor to throw her in prison, he's already shown that A. He's a dictator because last I checked, even the President can't hand select judges for cases and B. He's shown personal bias towards Clinton, thus removing any rights she had to a fair trial. Whether or not you care about those emails, Clinton is still an American and a fair trial is her right. And last I checked, didn't the FBI decide not to even charge her? Wasn't she cleared? Even he wanted to put her in jail, he couldn't, it's called Double Jeopardy. And the fact that he doesn't know this and neither do his supporters is the entire reason why I can't respect that campaign. That's BASIC law there, people. My sophomore high school students know this. How can the presidential nominee not? Pathetic in my opinion, completely pathetic.
  • Blonde401
    He's a fucking criminal too. People in glass houses and all that.
  • SvetlanaSavachenko
    killary and slick willy both should have been in prison long ago. Can we say white watergate? Not to mention a ton of other things they've done that's against the law!
  • Library
    Yeah Donald Trump scares me. He's no different than the dictators throughout history.
  • Dred1614returns
    The problem with this take is that the title is factually inaccurate. He said that he would instruct his attorney general to appoint a special prosecutor to look into Hillary's case. He didn't tell her that he's going to lock her up.
  • Saoirse_Nua
    Great take - It examines where this could go and where his mind is at during times of stress.
  • TheSpartan
    >Says he's going to investigate Clinton through his attorney general.
    >Leftist somehow interprets this as an extrajudicial threat.
    >?
    >Profit?
  • openthedoors
    Say what you will but that roast was legendary.
    • Waffles731

It might be but I'd be scared by literally any candidate saying they'll try to jail their opponent after the election

• Thing is Hillary actually committed crimes. I'm not sure if Donald committed what the accusers are saying but if he did then they both should be in jail. But it's a known fact that Hillary has committed federal crimes.

• Waffles731

I agree but it does concern me

• Gommers
    No president has the power they say they'll have in the race for the office, they're more of a figurehead and final approval guy than anything else.
  • SlightlyCrazy
    Exaclty! The emergence of extremism permiates ever more
  • Thisperson98
    The thing is Hillary did commit a crime.
  • Adigelunar
    Good post+
  • Anonymous
    haha He means it, believe me.
    I have no problem with someone finally taking the bullcrap by the horns and doing something with her, this con.
    • Anonymous

Actually the FBI was covering up for her, they know what really happened, believe me.

• Anonymous
    If Gary Johnson was wanting to do this you would be cheering him on.
    • Waffles731

I'd actually still be nervous.
      Seriously, do you have any actual rebuttal to any of what I said?

• Anonymous

Something needs to be done to her so she isn't above the law. Now that is my opinion.. so dont go nuts on me like you usually do with other people dont agree with you.

• Waffles731

So you think that a persons political opponent should be allowed to do it?