My retreat last weekend

My retreat last weekend

My church had a retreat last weekend and this will be mostly sharing pictures but as a brief summery our pastor from church has a farm in Indiana which his brother cares for and maintains while he is away but it is beautiful and we had a good time of food and bonding with each other as a men's retreat. No cellphone signal, yet it was better that way, no distractions. The area had prairie type lands, wooded areas and from the pic above some wet areas too, very peaceful and beautiful. I will mostly just let the pictures speak for themselves

My retreat last weekend
My retreat last weekend
My retreat last weekend
My retreat last weekend
My retreat last weekend
My retreat last weekend
My retreat last weekend

I bet you can also smell the wet and dry leaves. At least, that is pretty much all I smelled, for some reason with the value of leaves it takes out the smell of the grass which it might be possible that the dry smell was coming from the grass too. The weather was nice, it was not perfect perfect but the nice warm sun really helped

My retreat last weekend

That chair is significant because, the group decided to shoot some guns :) and that chair was a target for them :) I even used a gun for the first time, just a small pistol and only a couple of shots but the movement of the gun backwards, is something I was expecting a little of but it is kind of hard to control

My retreat last weekend
My retreat last weekend
My retreat last weekend
My retreat last weekend

This is a picture of the road leading to the farm, there is a side road that is hard to see and even does not seem like a road when you see it but the three pics after this help you to see how it was a little bit of a hike uphill to walk

My retreat last weekend
My retreat last weekend
My retreat last weekend
My retreat last weekend
My retreat last weekend

That last picture is the last morning of the farm retreat. It was nice and relaxed but also nice just to get away for while :)

My retreat last weekend
6
6

Most Helpful Girls

• DeeDeeDeVour
    That looks like a cool, tranquil spot. I'm looking for property like that to acquire that I can utilize as a sanctuary for animals I intend to rescue & adopt as well as getaway for me & my husband. I think it's wonderful that your church Pastor has such a peaceful place for you & other parishioners to retreat to. Good for you too that you enjoyed your weekend there. And, be mindful of recoils when you fire a pistol. :)
    Is this still revelant?
  • inchesfrommadness
    Beautiful pictures! I'm glad you had a good time!
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guys

• I didn't know you were a religious person. Id be afraid to go. Out in the middle of nowhere with no access to technology surrounded by weird people who shoot chairs? No thanks.

But hopefully this retreat cleared your head somewhat.
    Is this still revelant?
    • It helped to get away for a little while... And yes I'm a bit more radical at times with Christianity :)

• I didn't know that.

• heyclosethedoor
    Wow, beautiful scenery
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

44
  • GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Thanks for sharing the pictures and your MyTake
    now i would like to live out there in small Trailer or
    maybe a small house with 1 Bedroom , Bathroom,
    Shower , small living-room , Yes that looks gorgeous
    them pictures even living in small house with wood
    burner for heat would be fine with me etc ,. Thank You
  • pigoat
    I wanna go there

I be the happiest man on planet earf
  • Curabyron
    Its so gorgeous over their and your so lucky you got to shoot a gun.
  • Very nice views, rad sir! I like seeing leaves on the ground.
  • GORGEOUS pictures. I love them :)
  • Apple1996
    It looks very pretty there
  • Lliam
    Looks nice. Fall is a wonderful time of year.
  • It's pretty.