27 d

Conscent from father to take kids on holiday and passport fears?

I am due to take my 2 children on holiday abroad this week with my partner. In the UK I have to legally get permission of their father otherwise its abduction. He has said he will write a letter of conscent.

However he has got an online form which asks for all the details of the holiday which is fine as well as all our passport numbers etc. He knows the kids numbers but he wants mine and my partners otherwise he won't sign it. My partner has asked if he can sign it and we'll fill in the rest as he doesn't want to give him his passport number. Neither do I.

My ex used all my details in the past to get loans, credit cards etc without me knowing and I had to go bankrupt. He has also reported me for benefit fraud last year which was clearly not true but he wanted to cause me hassle.

I'm worried he will cancel my passport before I travel. I phoned the passport office and they said he will need my phone number, email address, passport number and place of birth to cancel it and he knows all of that. Has anyone else in the UK had any issues with a similar situation?

Post Opinion