Guys, would you date a feminist girl?

For me, if she's a feminist, she's out. I do not want to live with a man-hater. I do not think feminists can make good mothers and wives. Just imagining the kind of crap they will put on my children mind and the low self-steam they will grow their sons makes me have chills.

I mean gender feminists, the ones wearing t-shirts saying they should throw stones at men. I most definitely want equality between the sexes, but nowadays many feminist are really hateful and offensive toward men.
In other words, I do not mean the feminist decades ago who fought for equity. But nowadays feminists who just think its "payback time" and just want to do as much bad as they can to men as a payback.

Most Helpful Girl

• "Many" feminists are not hateful towards men. I would know, I'm a feminist and a part of the feminist community and no one, let me emphasize- NOT ONE GIRL- is a man-hater. That's a huge misconception :/

But I'm glad you specified.

• Now that you bring this up, you know what I think is worst than a man-hater (probably that's not all feminists, as you say, but I'm not totally convinced.) are the who claim to be very independent and feminist just to their convenience. For example when she wants to go out at night, he's not happy and then she throws the "Im independent, you cannot control me." yet, they expect the guy to pay all of the bills.

• Exactly. A girl I'm interested in is a feminist and she hates the kinds of feminists that OP was talking about. She just thinks everyone should be treated equally and with respect and even did a rant on YouTube about the misandrist "feminists". Granted, those horrible "feminists" do exist, and they are enough of a vocal minority to be a problem, but about 95% of feminists are normal people who just think everyone is equal.

Pay attention to that fem prefix, you don't find that in egalitarianism or humanism. I don't date feminists because they are either sexist or too dumb to know what words mean.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, never again! Dating in NYC is a living nightmare. I have dated a lot of women (depends on what you think a lot is) in this city and most of them turned out to be feminists. A couple of them tried controlling me and I wasn't having that. One of them was dating me out of pity and later on I found out she was a lesbian. A couple of the other ones I dated were practicing witch craft in my apartment. I have a buddy who lives in LA and he says it's a nightmare dating women there. He has told me he dated one girl who was apart of some feminist cult. Never date a feminist!

What Girls Said 3

• I was called a feminist because I want to be equal in my relationship with my man..But I don't hate men! I live with one and he's bloody brilliant, couldn't ask for a better boyfriend/bestmate he's awesome..

And I get on with guys better then I do with girls, and I have always done so. I hate the way (and I know you have aknowledged this, so thank you =) ) But I hate the way some people think that feminists are men haters..cause maybe just maybe I am a bit of a feminist in the sense I don't want to be a 'traditonal woman tied to the stove kinda woman) but I'm not a feminsist in the sense of chuck stones at men..I don't like that. Where would I be without a man?...not born that's where I would be. And what's more, I like manly men...(not muscular) But manly, the grrr types..who look kinda mean, but are sweethearts underneath...the dominate male, that is actually the loveliest person around.

I don't like how brutal feminists manage to label all us woman as men haters..I don't like that...

• You should use the word "misandrists". Though I can tell you that generally I doubt they themselves are the marrying & procreating kinda women.

• i am glad i don't know what you people are talking about

What Guys Said 5

• no...they are annoying XD

• f*** that no way

• It depends on her definition of feminist.

• All feminists should be burnt at the stake.

• if you look on wikipedia, there are more types of definitions for feminists, its a term too general. I think you refer to the women who hate men, who hate that men have greater powers and they are the ones who support the laws, the money, the modern society which puts woman on high heels, although through history even in today's age, I don't really hear too many engineer women.

I think you refer to the women which can be called b*****es, its easy to know them from a first impression.

A new term I heard about is affirmative action for women.

• What about affirmative action for men? Now there are more women graduating from college than men. I think currently society is actually giving an advantage to women over men. Just look at all of the TV series and adds where the woman is in control and the men are dumb. It probably will make some of us laugh, but it can certainly harm little boys.

• you pointed well, and there are some news about it, but affirmative action for men is what we need to get over it. I always agreed that "society is actually giving an advantage to women over men."

TV/media powers are old times things that have to become obsolete. What I do about it is to never ever let a woman: be my teacher, boss, recruiter, doctor, or anything else, because I know they got there through an unjust way, making use of their sexuality. We men have to learn to share, no competition