Why can't guys wear nail polish too?

So like, everyone has the fashion stereotype that guys can't wear nail polish. But my reasoning is this: what is so feminine about nail polish? In all my research, the only thing I could find is that men used to work with their hands all the time, and so nail polish would wear off. Therefor no men would wear it. So society just made it a fad for women to wear it but not men.

But what about now? What is the reason why a guy couldn't go to school wearing black nail polish? Using reason, why is it that he would be made fun of for wearing nail polish?

Most Helpful Girl

• well if you wanna then do it ;)

What Girls Said 4

• Just like you said, it's already been established that nail polish is a feminine thing. You can do whatever you want though!

• I haven't seen guys wear nail polish unless they were goth or gay. But do what you want to do!

• Who says they can't?

• but men do wear nail polish so it is not really a law whether men can wear it or not it is optional we alone create limits but i see a lot of men wearing nail polish

What Guys Said 3

• I wear only black but I'm with u why can't us guys wear nail polish I love to draw and I love to paint my nails so as u said I just don't get why we can wear it to if girls can wear guys clothes and know one saids anything about that then why is it that if we wear anything out of what a guy wears they look at us funny

• It's because of social expectations of what is masculine and what is feminine.

• Some of us do sometimes. Generally because we think social norms can piss off.