Are V-necks and skinny jeans considered gay?

I like wearing them and a friend told me that only gay people wear it so... just asking to see if it's true O-o

Most Helpful Girl

• No my boyfriend wears both v-necks and skinny jeans. :)

For him, v-necks are more comfortable than regular round-neck tees that can sometimes feel too tight around his neck.

He likes skinny jeans but never too tight because it's hard to take off in his opinion... (especially when he wants to do a quickie with me). Now he is more into straight or relaxed jeans.

:) v-necks and skinny jeans ate not gay at all !

• That's good to hear. :) yea I don't wear too tight either hella difficult to take off :p

• xD mee too, i didn't wanna speak about it

• Hehe ok :)

What Girls Said 33

• Well you're a teenager so whatever.

For guys my age, yes, they would look gay or at least immature. The skinny jeans at least. The V-neck... depends on how deep the V is... if it shows your chest hair or goes lower than, say, 3 fingers from your clavicle, then it's kinda dangerous.

But again, teenage boys wear skinny jeans all the time. That's why I hate grown men who wear skinny jeans, because they look like boys. But you as a teenager can wear it I guess, many girls your age would still like it.

• I wouldn't say they're only for gay people, because I had a friend in high school who looked awesome in his skinny jeans and v-necks and he's definitely straight. But a lot of people might still question your sexuality based off your clothing. Still, if you like what you're wearing, and you think you can pull it off, go for it!

• No, not at all. Having sex with a man and enjoying it is considered gay. I'm a woman - if I wear baggy sweat pants, tennis shoes, and a hoodie that says, "Football Champs" (or something similar), am I considered a lesbian? Of course not. I'm just wearing whatever I want, just like you should be doing. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

• Yea true that and thanks :)

• are you wearing this while fucking a guy in the ass?
    If yes, then yes
    If no then no

• Well if you like them and you are not gay then that means that straight people can wear them too.

• No. Clothes are clothes. Humans can wear whatever they want to. Guy, girl, both don't matter. Gay guys can wear that, straight, bi, pansexual it don't matter! Whatever makes you happy.

• No skinny jeans aren't gay. little Wayne wears such things and he's a hood rapper sooo. And as long as your sack isn't showing I believe your good. V-necks aren't gay. They're sexy to me if worn correctly. So I think you're friends are just lames. Lol. Skinny jeans are like a punk/rock style to me? I don't know

• Hehe yea punk definetly the 2 don't go together but.. that's just my style

• I like v-necks on men if the neckline is normal and their chest doesn't show. I love skinny jeans on men.

• That's exactly how I wear it thanks ^_^

• I've seen guys wear v-necks. some look good, some don't.
    Skinny jeans... no. just... no lol. Baggy also a no.
    Had a classmate who had a pair of skinny jeans and when he wore them everyone said doesn't look good at all.

• I dont think guys look attractive at all in skinny jeans

• Ok then what's ur preference?

• Anything as long as its not skinny jeans , even naked would be better than them lol

• Um no? If they look good on you then wear them :)

• Depends on how low the V-neck is.
    I think they're kinda hot tbh.
    Also, just make sure your pants aren't showing your junk and you should be good.

• to me I think if guys wear super low v-neck shirts too tight skinny jeans then it's probably gay I once saw a guy wear ugg boots when usally its girls who wear ugg boots super tight skinny jeans low v neck shirts and ugg boots would just look kinda weird on a guy

• No, it isn't true. The clothes you ware has nothing to do with your sexual preference. It's just a silly stereotype. lol.

• I don't think they're "gay" at all.

• I have a bro and he loves V necks.. They are totally for dudes ! Round necks are considered feminine

• Oh :) thanks for ur opinion

• Where the hell did you hear that that round necks are feminine? hahaha
      That's totally not true.

• Ok, just saying. The men where I am from consider them gay...

• I feel if a dudes jeans are tighter than mine... they could be gay. V necks are okay. Could be douche bag material though.

• Yes indeed it is.

• Wear whatever looks good on you. You shouldn't be influenced by "what could look gay" or anything like that. Clothes don't make you gay, if you aren't what are you worried about?

• Lol I don't know an other friend of mine he wore a skinny went to some country srilanka I think and some gay guy hit on him :p

• Lol, my username reflects most of my reactions.

• Yea I assume that is your most used reaction :p

• not that i know of

• Well it really depends what you categorise as skinny... I think fitted jeans can look really nice. But if its so tight its choking your junk then yeah, that's not attractive. :/
    But seriously its not only gay people that wear skinny jeans.

• Not gay, but since most of them use that kind of clothing, people stereotype them (the clothing)

• I don't really think so, but they definitely aren't masculine. I am a barrel racer, along with my friends, and I have to admit be laugh pretty damn hard when we see a guy in skinny jeans and a v-neck compared to our roping cowboy boyfriends.

• NO, i think its hot

• I don't think so I find very attractive in a guy that outfit.

• I agree with your friend

• Skinny jeans, no.
    V-necks, never seen a guy wear one.

• Not gay but I see V-necks as a bit douchy. Every single "I pretend to be a bodybuilder so let's hook up" kind of guy I know only wears tight V-necks.

• It depends on how low the v neck is and how tight the jeans are. Really low and tight, probably gay. Not so low and not so tight, probably not

• I think they look alright but that's just me.

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 30

• I had a guy tell me tank tops on men are gay. I wear them at the gym when I workout and see plenty of guys wear them too.

As for the gay comments, in my opinion, its because of that emo fad that has been going around. If you talk to anyone really into the emo fad they come off really feminine and this ends up being associated with homosexuality even when he isn't gay and even has a girlfriend. Plus the unnecessary negative and childish derogatory statements kids make in high school certainly add to this (Ex: calling a kid "gay" as an insult). So I feel the associations sometimes get mixed with the clothing since I can picture a whole lot of emo kids being called "gay" and such when getting into fights and all that.

While this sounds crazy. I feel this is how it comes about. Plus some gay guys will pick up on the stereotype and start hitting on the guy wearing such stuff thinking he is gay.

• I don't wear skinny jean nor do I think they're gay. I see a lot of rock stars and some hip hop artist wearing them and I'm pretty sure they get laid by more girls on accident than the average man does on purpose. As far as V-neck tees go that's the only type of tee I wear, everything from Hanes to Polo RL. Not to sound vain, but I have a nice chest that I worked hard to get and a V-neck compliments my figure. Don't let anyone change your style because they think something looks "gay" on you. You brought it because you liked it not for their approval. Besides, have you ever seen how well gay and metrosexual guys dress. Those guys dress sharp as hell. If they weren't gay they would be bagging all the women, not some little girls who want guys with baggy ass clothes hanging off their body. I know this because my girl's cousin is gay as hell and he gets hit on by more women then all the straight men I know. So that's who I go clothes shopping with. Sure I'm dating his cousin but I still like being approached by pretty women. Own your style little homie don't let anyone change that. Fuck what people think.

• Yea that gay part is true and thanks man :)

• Having anal sex with a man is considered gay.

Clothing is just whatever you want to wear. Go naked, if you want to.

• Lmao that's so true

• @kheserthorpe
      You're right. Sorry I missed that. I think he got what I meant though.

• Hmm. Lack of 'light hearted' tone flags burned me on that opinion

• no. being sexually attracted to people of the same sex is gay.

as the adage says... "clothes don't make the man"

• nah its not true lol. all guys wear them.

• Hahaha, he's trying to shame you for looking better than him ;)

The older you get, the more traditional a jean-cut you want (although use dark colors, not faded). Your age, skinny is no problem at all.

And v-necks are all I wear (NOT too deep), ditched crew necks a while ago. Excellent if you want to throw a sportscoat or a blazer on top, and even if not, show's off an athletic build better, plus it draws the eyes up to the face.

• Yea I will do that
      Yea it does show which is why I like to wear it lol

• Haha, just don't wear the v-neck too deep, too deep looks douchey. If you have an athletic build, make sure you get a properly fitting shirt, you don't want any bagginess at all, especially if you wear skinny jeans. Actually, with an athletic build, I would gravitate more toward a straight cut jean with a low rise.

• yea i wear only if its fit properly looks gd to me :P and deep necks doesn't look good at all

• it's not gay. its what you like to wear. it's not really my cup of tea but im a bigger guy so they don't look good on me anyway lol. the friend is just showing his immaturity. be comfortable with who you are. the whole gay thing is how you carry yourself. be confident, hold your head up wit your back strait and square your shoulders and walk around like you don't give a fuck what people think about you and nobody with half a brain will mistake your sexuality lol

• Wear whatever you wanna wear, as long as you wear it with confidence no one will care.
    I personally dislike that look, it's not my type, so I will never wear it.

• V-necks can look a bit douchy, so I'd be careful with that. But you're in the clear with skinny jeans.

• Über gayyyy.

• although i don't like them how on earth are gay?

• the deep V neck shirt Oh yea

• If jeans are too skinny, it makes guys legs looik... skinny, and twig-like. Slim-cut jeans with a v-neck can look good.

• And if you're gonna wear a v-neck, just wear a normal one with a slight V. Just as long as it isn't as low as the pic of the dude with the white shirt. If it looks this low masculine-style.com/.../0257AM.jpg it looks like the guy's wearing a girl's shirt.

• I wear skinny jeans because I like showing off my legs if that's gay then oh well

V necks I don't wear them I think they look odd on guys most of the time

• I would t say gay, but I prefer slim straight.

• Its called 'hipsters'

Shameful, you wear the style but dont really know whats it about

tsk tsk

• Hehe yea :p thanks lol

• Deep V Necks look ridiculous regardless of how buff a guy is. But moderate V Necks can look alright,

• V necks past your nipples are gay. Feel like my generation is filled with metro sexual hipsters.

• Lol it's not as long as that hehe

• Jeans are Jeans dude. V- Shirts are just that T-Shirts. The Term ''Gay'' means happy look it up. Today Term of ''Gay'' mean Homosexuality it has nothing to do with clothes.

• no, but i never wear the deep v necks, i think those are a bit too much

• How deep is the V neck and how skinny are the jeans?

• Not so deep... And skinny jeans aren't that tight either

• depends how you rock them. extremely skinny jeans can be considered gay tho.

• It's only gay if you make it gay. Don't listen to other people and keep doing your thing.

• Its very gay

• I don't like them myself.

I'm more towards Sweaters, Jeans and the like in the winter season

• How can pieces of clothing be gay? WTF

Listen if girls and guys have a problem with this style then that's the business. Most people are scummy pieces of shit that wear tracksuit bottoms and base ball caps, what the fuck do they know about fashion? Fuck the haters and be a stylish Don Juan that you were born to be.

• Lol thanks man :) 👍

• I wouldn't say either is considered gay... but skinny jeans with a certain outfit would typically be worn by gays while skinny jeans with a slightly different outfit would typically be worn by guys that just like that style. As for v-necks... a regular v-neck I wouldn't say is gay, but a deep v-neck I would associate with a gay person. That doesn't mean that v-necks are gay, just that v-necks, more specifically deep v-necks are more likely to be worn by a gay person.

If you wore something like this, I would probably think you're gay. That doesn't mean you are, but I would think you may be gay.

www.collegehumor.com/.../deep-v-neck-for-men

Wheras this kind of v-neck I wouldn't associate with anyone as being gay.

media.cdn.impericon.com/.../puma_vneck_lg.jpg

• Yep, he was right

• He was right about u too :p

• No, liking other men is considered gay.

• Only on you.