Guys: Do you think black nail polish on girls is a Yum or a Yuck?

I met some guys who think that black nail polish is a turn off.. and other guys think its a turn on..

i personally like it if it clean and well done!

so what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I f***in love black nail polish on girls, but I love the emo/goth look. It might give that impression, but that depends on everything you wear.

I think black nail polish only really works with dark haired girls.

What Guys Said 15

• Turn off: it just reminds me of gothic/emo/depressed high school girls who whine about being fat, ugly and boring.

There are girls however that don't look so bad with it but in general, not a great color if you want to appeal to the higher % of guys.

Then again... 20% of guys will care / notice.

• Haha well, am still into Goth looking scene although am not in high school anymore..

• Makes you look like an emo/goth chick, and that's a turnoff cause those girls seem to always come with some sort of serious drama you don't want anything to do with.

• I love it, and don't mind it, but there's plenty of other colors that you can wear that could be brighter and more exotic. Black is some what emo and goth which I love but I like it when the girls underwear matches their nails =)

green, red, blue, purple, white, pink, orange, lime, yellow. so many why settle to black

• Haha who said anything about her undies? lol I love black and red!

• I think I'd actually prefer a girl to not even use nail polish... I like a more natural look with women in general... I really prefer women that have an exotic look about them and arennaturally beautiful so they don't even need to wear much make-up, if any, to look good.

But that's just me...

• Depends on the gurl some gurls do have to use make up because they might have pale skin or perhaps not a very pretty face.

One other things.. Guys need to stop saying they like natural looking gurls because now a days there aren't any natural gurls unless she 12 years old..all gurl you see without heavy eye shadow and lipstick are wearing tons of foundation and concealer layers !!

• Well, yeah these girls are harder to come by... it's what I find most attractive tho. And no not 12 year old girls... lol

Its hard to explain what I mean by natural I guess. I mean just a girl tht still is very attractive and feminine looking without make-up. Too much make-up is most def a turn-off for me.

• SO TRUE! It's so funny, I have really clear skin so I wear no foundation but I like to play up my eyes so I wear a little bit of dark eye shadow and some mascara and everyone thinks I wear sooo much makeup when I really don't! Then half the girls I know cake their faces in concealer and no one says a damn thing!

• I don't find it attractive at all, and that goes for brown too, it's just not something that compliments a look I'd like in a girl. I'm not saying I'd go completely off a good looking girl purely because of it, but I certainly would think it's detrimental for her look.

• I think it's hot, if it goes with the rest of the girl.

• I'm not a fan of nail polish in general, so the less like you real nails it looks, the worse in my opinion.

Remember: when your fingernails die, they turn black before falling off. Is that the look you're going for?

• No they don't go black they go either grey or blue!!!!

and if that's your motto then we shouldnt wear black at all because it has to do with the memorial!!

• Definately a turn off for me!

• Well, black nail polish on their toe nails is sort of a turn off. But fingernails can be whatever.

• yuck. makes me think emo or young

• To be honest I don't really care about nail polish...its all personallity for me

• definitely don't care for it, especially if the girl wears all black along with it. actually I hate all nail polish.

• Depends on the flaovr? Blackberry or Black Licorice

• YUM!

• Yes! Black nails are soooo sexy. Much better than red.

• I only wear red and black mostly, that's great thanks!

What Girls Said 4

• i know I'm not a guy, but my guy friend likes when I paint them black then go over it with the clear glitter polish

• Your boobs are way too big

• this picture is supposed to be a joke.. its photoshoped.. and must say what does this have to do with black nail polish you could just message me if you really into the boobs hhehehe

• I like the red one.

• hmmmn I think guys are behind in the female fashion scene. Black nail polish as well as muddy brownish/bronze colors are in style right now...as long as you're happy wearing it and are confident I don't think it matters what others think. I think its catchy and goes with the modern day look. it will only be gothic if you wear all black and powder your face white lol! but other than that, guys don't know much about womens fashion and such and they rarely notice accesories and outfits...they look at your face first (dont wear much makeup), your eyes, smile, and that you have a healthy looking body...not obese but not thin either...

=p

• Yeah but I do have the gothic look going on but not white powder or anything just the eyes and black clothes most the time..

but I really like I just wanted to check what do guys think..

I don't care if the whole world hates it I really think its hot, I also love reds!!!

• Yeah it is catchy I believe so too...but isn't it weird that guys hate it? I mean I met two guys who loved it out of a 100 other guys who HATED IT and called me weird names for it. lol

but who cares I was just wanted to know why do they hate it..i think maybe it scares them away with the dominance thing...so in other words... those guys are the sissy ones lol

• Yeah it is catchy!!!

but lets face it I met two guys who loved it out of a 100 who doesnt..they hated it and they actually called me names for it.. but I guess a person who is scared of the challenge would get scared away..of the dominance thing.. so in other words.. sissy ones would hate it not because its not thier type its because they re just sissy guys who ae afraid of a stronger gurl....right? and that's just pathetic..isnt it!!!

was I too harsh?? lol