What are symbols of femininity and empowerment (tattoo ideas)?

So I really want a tattoo lol but only something delicate. I want something which embodies strength, boldness, confidence, femininity.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 28

• I always kind of felt admiration for this picture
    pad1.whstatic.com/.../...nine-Step-4-Version-3.jpg

She seems very girly there but she also seems to love herself (not in an egotistical way) and seems comfortable. Empowerment doesn't mean just brute strength but also inner strength and I think love and tenderness is strength itself because it takes bravery to act that way in such a cold and cruel world. I'm not saying get this as a tattoo but I think it just does a good job of demonstrating what you're looking for.

• Easy, this:
    i.ebayimg.com/.../s-l1000.jpg

It's the Spartan lambda, and it stands for "Lacadaemon", which was the official name of Sparta. Now, you probably wonder how that embodies what you've asked, and I'll tell you how.

Strength: The Spartans were the roughest, toughest, most skilled warriors in all of the ancient world. Obesity and poor fitness were frowned upon, and every Spartan male was forced to enter a rigorous training program called the "agoge" when he was seven years old. During this time, they would be deprived of foodfor certain periods of time, forced to live in the wilderness, and would only be given one tunic and a pair of sandals to wear for the year. One typical training "game" consisted of several Spartan boys being tied to a stake with each boy being whipped until he forfieted the game; the winner was the last man standing. Some even died from this game--refusing to forfeit and be called a coward or weakling,

Boldness: The Spartans were well-known for their famous bravery; a Spartan could never retreat from battle. It was bound by law. Spartan mothers would routinely tell their sons to "come back with their shields or upon them". This meant tthat the Spartan son must either come back victorious--or dead. There was no other choice.

Confidence: Spartans were also known for their quick wit. Even in the face of mortal peril, the self-assured Spartans would taunt their enemies. So confident of their combat ability, at the Battle of Thermopoylae, when the Spartans and their allies were ounumbered by a Persian force 50-to-1, King Leonidas of the Spartan called at the Persian forces come and try to take their weapons. When Macedonian King Philip, who's military forces also heavily outnumbered the Spartans, declared that he would raze Sparta to the ground if it didn't surrender, the Spartans only invited him to try an invade. In terms of confidence, no one beats Spartans.

Femininity: While this might not be as well-known, Spartan women enjoyed far greater liberties than most any other women in the anicent world. They could own property, be seen in public, adn exercise with their male counterparts. Like the male agoge, females were trained to be physically-fit, fertile, and battle-hardened. Hell, ther are even accounts of women fighting with the Spartan men on the battlefied. When asked why women enjoyed so many liberties in Sparta, their Queen Gorgo responed "because only Spartan women give birth to real men". That's strong femininity if I've ever heard it.

• It's also a symbol which has been heavily claimed by the hyper-masculin end of the gay-scene, which makes sense what with certain accounts of spartan passtimes.

• The claims of rampant Spartan homosexuality are dubious at best. Homosexuality was frowned upon (and perhaps even outlawed) in Sparta, as it wasn't conducive towards producing the next generation of warriors.

Now, that being said, it has been hypothesized that mentor relationship between the Spartan youths and elders might have had a sexual component to it. However, the evidence isn't conclusive, and this has been a subject of debate.

• 4.bp.blogspot.com/.../...ne+tattoos+for+women3.jpg
    This one I like... I personally have one large tattoo on my shoulder because i am from hawaii... its a normal thing to rep your culture there... so if you were to choose I would say get something maybe 3"X3" something small to start with like a wave with blue shading since shading doesn't hurt at all... also make sure you understand where you want to get it... different areas hurt depending and translate socially to different things.
    womenstattoos.org/.../...88c0647fd30c6a6b3867b.jpg

• stylesatlife.com/.../The-Lioness-Tattoo.jpg

I thought of a lioness tattoo.

• Elements, I always look at elements as feminine.
    www.wallpapershdin.com/.../...ur-elements-wide.jpg

• There's is those elements and then there is periodic elements.

• A rose. A dark red rose. Symbol of Beauty and power all at once.
    tattoos10.com/.../red-rose-tattoos.jpg

• 2|0
    • bruh. the fuck is that thing?

• @lljwedo

2girls1cup... 2 girls licking a penis which is made to look like a butterfly on the first sight.

• Get a tattoo of Lena Dunham

• don't get a tattoo. you are beautiful as it is

• I like the idea of Athena.

• A pic of Marilyn Monroe maybe?

• Strength, boldness, confidence, & femininity? Well nothing symbolizes that more than the twerk:
    s0.hulkshare.com/.../...4d7d0522ed6773015b596e.jpg

• I think this encompasses everything you ask for

www.cooltattoos.us/.../Cool-Son-Goku-Tattoo.jpg

• A lioness :)

• Get a tattoo of Emily Dickinson lol

• What is feminine to you? For me, Grace is a feminine quality, not delicate-ness (delicacy?)

• hearts and unicorns.

• Tattoos aren't feminine, and have never heard anyone say they are empowering. Just a way to signal to men you are easy and another thing to regret when you get older.

• Don't get a tattoo. Your views will change, but the tattoo will not (until it does, then you REALLY won't like it anymore).

• An anatomically accurate picture of the vulva. That would make a great tattoo for a woman.

• I'd post a pic of a particular tattoo, but I'm pretty sure I'd get reported. :P

• Please, oh please, don't get a tatoo

• Quincunx Five dots tattoo

• Well, honestly, I think that if you need a tattoo to boost your self-image, it's kind of self-defeating. To me tattoos are a sign that whoever wears them isn't quite happy with who they are.

• A woman bent over.

• Tattoos r gay. If you don't feel it on the inside you have to paint it on the outside.

• Hmmmmm. . . A vagina?

• Sea horse or Amazon tribal symbols

What Girls Said 9