What should I wear to a job fair?

I'm thinking either
Dark orange
What should I wear to a job fair?

light Blue

or green

I am wearing Kakhi pants and Brown shoes as well, they are steel toed shoes. Will this be ok?

• Dark orange
  • Light Blue
  • Lime Green
Style experts, your assistance is appreciated :)
@justbanannaz @paris13 @Phoenix98 @DivaMonae @Deezy what color do you think is better?

Most Helpful Girl

• The lime green one in my opinion is to casual. Though it's a polo it's a color that says relaxation or day off
    ecx.images-amazon.com/.../71ZP9dBNQWL._UX385_.jpg

Navy or light blue is always a classic and well uniformed look but at the same time it's kind of safe
    www.nfrmcmall.com/.../...lue-mens-polo-200x300.jpg

As for the orange one it gives a since of uniqueness/originality but at the same time it's still professional. To me it'll help you stand out from the rest
    store.nextgen.com/.../0000435_300.jpeg

So the orange one is definitely my favorite but it's really up to you and the end. If it's a job you're going after that's pretty precise and uniformed you might just want to stick to blue. If the job isn't as strict I think the orange one can do you wonders!

Thanks for asking for my opinion and I hope this helps :)

• Its a career fair, there's going to be like 30 or more companies there from nursing homes to restaurants and banks and factories etc...

• Lol honestly you're right that pic was a bad example xD

But thanks for MH :)

• you're welcome :) the green also looks like a big glow stick lol

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• Blue. Blues are some of the best colors to wear to a job interview/fair. Blue is calming, but also exudes confidence.

The orange and green are bright, and for creative jobs might be good... since those colors exude creativity. But it's not the best choice for all types of jobs.

• Well that orange is very school spirit orange (ok, hint hint to my school)

But, I would go for a button down vs this style of polo.

• Lite blue in my own opinion and Best of luck, @smahala1991 :)) xxoo

• The lite green is fine but the lite blue as a certain way with that special day to lighten the mood at the job fair. xx

• So welcome.. Blue and the khaki has my vote of confidence, glad I saw this just now and thank you for my opinion.:)) xxoo

• i like the light blue.

• Me too, Lime green looks so out of place, but Everyone says blue means loyalty

• true lol, I was going for blue too. But I thought what about the other two and maybe orange, but you're right blue is easier on eyes

• Green looks like I just walked out of a nuclear waste facility lol

• Either orange or blue but not green. The Orange makes you stand out and the Blue makes you look committed and loyal (blue is associated with loyalty).

• Of the three, the light blue seems the best. But why not wear a blazer and a nice button down with khakis instead. That may look a little more professional without forcing you to wear a suit. s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8befbac49a.jpg

• I don't have that

• I've worn polos before and they went ok

• I'm just telling you what I think. If you are set on a polo, go for it! You're the one who needs to feel comfortable. If you do that in a polo, then that's the best choice for you.

• they all seem a little bit bright and in your face. i'd go for a darker more netural color, but the light blue seems okay.

• The blue. The other colors are a bit offensive with how bright they are.

• Why would they look offensive?

• Maybe offensive is the wrong word to use but it's just too bright. The last one hurts my eyes to look at

• the blue. neon colors are off putting and repellent

• The lime green makes me look like a walking bar sign lol

• she was teaching us how psychologically colors are influential she told us blue means calmness, red means confidence, and neon is repelling.

• Wow, I never thought colors made a difference

• Im thinking more of a red :)

• Defnitely the blue one.

• I like light blue :)

• The light blue looks best.

What Guys Said 12

• I like light blue. Probably not orange. They will remember more about what you say. If they like you they will write a note down on the back of the resume you give them and put it in the "good candidates" pile

• Can you find a really dark, almost burnt orange?

That color goes GREAT with brown. I also think it'll look the most professional without being boring.

• The one I have is burnt orange almost brownish

• Ah, I think that'd be my choice, as long as the brown shoes are different enough from the orange shirt to give contrast.

• I like the dark orange in combination with rest of the outfit you described.

• I'd go with the light blue.

• Any of those would be fine, but I personally think the second would be the best choic

• I usually wear a suit and tie to those things
    go with the light blue

• Unless it's a job for for golfers, you want to look professional and presentable!

Business casual!

innovationacademy.ufl.edu/.../Business-Casual.jpg

• are polo shirts not good enough?

• Well yeah I could understand that. It's just I don't know the shirt in the image doesn't look professional to me or like if he were to bring a tie along it wouldn't go well with it or at least with that tone of blue.

• @DivaMonae It was a poor example of business casual. The Asker should Google it.

• i went with the blue because the orange and green hurt my eyes

• None of these... shirt and tie with khakis for me...

• Go completely naked

• Womens underwear