Areola Reduction? What's your opinion?

Hello, I'm 16 and I wear a 36 B cup,and my boobs are small. Well, unfortunately my areolas are big and they're disgusting. They are 2 inches(no mean comments please). When I turn 18 I want to get areola reduction surgery cause I hate them and I hate looking at them. Plus I've heard most guys find big areolas a turn off,so yea.

What are your opinions on areola reduction?

A few things before you answer, don't give me that love yourself and accept yourself stuff, and don't tell me what is right or wrong for me either,none of you know what I look like so don't tell me it doesn't matter. I understand my body is growing but I didn't come here to get lectured, I just wanted opinions

Thank you (To the people who helped)

Most people seem to agree they're unattractive,so I'll get it done when I'm old enough:D

Smaller=better

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I find large aureoles attractive. Some other guys may not. However any guy who wants you and/or cares about you is not going to be swayed one way or the other by the size of your aureoles. It will never be a deal breaker for any guy worth caring about.

That said, whether guys like them or not should not be a factor in your decision to have or not have the surgery. I don't know whether you should do it or not. If it will improve your own self esteem, that has real value, and it's worth considering. I guarantee that it will not improve anyone else's image of you, though, so if your reason for wanting it has anything to do with anyone but you then you're setting yourself up for a huge disappointment.

What Guys Said 8

• I say no way, keep them as they are. It seems like a girls are unhappy with the size of their nipples (if either the actual nipple itself or the areola) but the truth is, most guys are not offended at all by large ones. In fact, sometimes it's downright sexy.

You don't want to be lectured, but the truth is your body may well change by the time you're 18. In fact women's breasts continue to fill out even well into their early 20's. That said, it's always possible that the size of the breast in relation to the nipples, could become more proportional. And even if they don't, try not to be so critical of them, you would probably find that most men would be delighted with them as they are.

• I can't tell you to love yourself.

I can't tell you to accept yourself.

I can't tell you what's right or wrong for you.

I can't tell you it doesn't matter.

BUT, you want my opinion.

Whatever. Do what you want.

• Ok,I said opinion on the surgery in general.

• First of all, let me said that I'm heavily biased: I just love big areolas. The bigger (and "out of proportion") they look the better. In fact I think that big areolas on slim women are incredibly sexy and arousing (and I really mean this). The only thing better than that are big (long or thick, doesn't matter) nipples to complement them (with all of it being very sensitive).

That said I think that surgery is a VERY bad idea. Your breasts (especially your areolae and nipples) are among the most delicate parts of your body, which really shouldn't get near a scalpel. Also, every single surgery bears a risk of complications. In this case it can range from loss of sensation in your areola/nipples (do you really want that?) through a complete inability to lactate to having all of your mammary tissue cut out (some infections are life-threatening). If I were you I'd also take this into consideration before opting for such drastic surgeries.

In regards to the (rather idiotic) male naysayers in regards to large areolae, I don't think you should listen to retarded douchebags in regards to your body (remember: whatever you choose, you're stuck with it for the rest of your life). In fact I think that no sane guy would ever make a negative comment about something as delicate as this (if he would, a breakup would be the only solution, I won't keep a girl around that says nasty/mean things e. g. about my genitals either). However the ones who love it would surely make some positive comments about it (and perhaps even shower you with them once they find that you sorely need them :P), which will greatly aid you in accepting (in fact embracing and loving) them perhaps.

• I'll be honest with you, I don't find large areolas attractive in comparison to smaller ones. But I'd much rather be going out with a large-areolaed girl than no girl at all!

It doesn't really matter at all, but if your confidence depends on the surgery, then you should talk with your GP about it. They'll probably refer you to an appropriate surgeon who will council you on the risks, and make an analysis as to whether you've got psychological problems that would prevent it being in your best interest. This isn't anything to worry about, it's just because some girls have really bad self-image and they think, wrongly, that getting plastic surgery would help their self-image.

• General male thought process: I love boobs
    For me, if I love the girl, I love the boobs. And, then if I don't love the girl, I probably still like the boobs! Any shape. Any size. Boob, nipple, areola. Pink, brown, black.
    Mmmm. Boobies (in Homer Simpson voice).
    Also, larger areola usually produce awesome nipple erections (titty hard-ons, whatever you want to call them).

• No need to change your body. Please don't carve up your body so that others may look at you differently. As a man, I love big areolas. The great thing about boobs is the variety. As they say, "Variety is the spice of life."

• Sounds like you have the perfect breasts. If i were your bf i wouldn't be off them for a second. Big areolas are my biggest turn on of a womans body

• I didn't even know you could do that haha. but ya I kind of find it as a turn off, so I'd say go for it as long as there arnt any weird side effects. but most importantly...love yourself..ahahahaha jk good luck

What Girls Said 6

• It is your body and absolutely do what you what but I honestly don't think that guys will care

• hey girl. I was in the exact situation as you two years ago. I had 36 b cup boobs and I hated the size of my areolas. They were about two inches wide as well. When I turned 18 I went in and had an areola reduction and it left awful scars! And when I would get cold they bunch up all weird. Now I'm even more self concious. I went into other plastic surgeons and they say that the surgeon did a good job and there are always scars with this procedure so.. I wouldn't if I were you. Instead you could try getting lightening creams to rub on your areolas and it makes them not apear as large because they blend in with your skin. Good luck though.

• You want opinions, but you don't want anyone to say it's wrong (which happens to be an opinion) or that it doesn't matter (which is also an opinion) so why the hell did you even post the question?

• An opinion would be "I think it's dumb or good blah blah blah"

I meant an opinion towards me,giving me a lecture if I should or shouldn't do it.

I just wanted opinions on the surgery,no on whether or not you think I should get it.Why'd you even answer?

• I would definitely wait until you are 18, maybe even until a bit older... I had tiny breasts up until around 21 when I finally started filling out from A cup to B, and now that I'm older I'm a C. You are still growing and you might fill out a bit by then to where things look more proportioned. If you still are uncomfortable about it by then I say go for it if it still bothers you that much.

• I'm a 34D and mine are probably a little smaller than that and I've never had any complaints from guys. And usually my boyfriends don't just think my boobs are ok they usually love them and want to see them a lot. I think if they were turned off by mine then they wouldn't like them so much. But anyways... I wouldn't do it. I've thought about it myself but it's not worth it. Like one of the other girls said if the guy truly cares about you he won't care. You can also get scars from it too I believe.

• Ok I'm not gonna lecture you...you see my areolas are the same size as yours however my boobs are 40DD so I guess it kinda fits ya know? I would probably feel the same if I were you, but I also say that if you can't find someone who loves you for you...f*** em' you don't need that...but in the end the decision is yours :) good luck