Nape of neck tattoo: sexy or skanky?

I am seriously considering a small trinity knot on the back of my neck. I would like the color to simulate henna [light brown], to look natural. I am a tan person, so it would not stick out too much. the symbol has tremendous meaning to me (which I don't want to disclose). sexy or skanky?

Most Helpful Girl

• I hope its not skanky, that's where mine is haha. The most important thing is that you like it, not that other people do. If it's well thought out and you don't think you'll regret it then by all means go for it. If it stops a guy from liking you then he's not the guy for you. If you haven't already, think about it for a year, if you still want it after waiting then get it and enjoy :)

• I've thought about this specific symbol for almost 2 years. the placing was where my issues was. but thanks for the advice, it helped a lot :)

• Well thank you! haha

• And for what it's worth I think it's a good spot, you can show it off when you want but it's still subtle. Even when I have my hair up people don't usually notice mine

What Guys Said 4

• Any tattoo on a girl instantly puts you in my skank books, just buy a chain and wear the knot AROUND your neck

• I think it's plain dumb. Not the design, but the whole idea of putting it on your neck...and on the BACK of your neck no less? YOU would never SEE IT. WTF is the point?

• You're still very young, so don't worry you'll have the rest of your life to regret it if you get it.

• Most girls with tattoos come off as a bit skanky.

• Sexy, absolutely. Go for it.

What Girls Said 4

• I really like that you plan to have it done in a henna-colored ink, because I'd decided on the same for a couple of my ideas or portions of them. The trinity knot itself is a pretty common tattoo idea, but I see no reason that you shouldn't go for it, especially if the symbol has some kind of meaning to you. Bonus if you have any kind of Celtic heritage. =]

• I absolutely do. 3rd generation irish.

• Really? That's awesome, I've got quite a bit of Irish blood in me too. =] I'm also 1/4 Norwegian though, and my uncle [who is 1/2] just recently took a trip to Norway to meet and visit some of our family there, which I was pretty stoked about. I'd love to meet them too someday. My grandma's maiden name is Eyerly [related to artist Ray Eyerly, we still have quite a few of his paintings], but her married name, and my last name, is the Norwegian spelling of a pretty common last name in America.

• personally I think that getting a tattoo is your business and don't listen to anyone who discourages it. I think that getting it on the back of your neck is the perfect spot because, especially being personal, you can show it when you want or just keep it to yourself

• well, I'm all for tattooes. some of my friends are ink addicts, but it looks good. However, one thing we talk about with them is the fact that you won't be able to take it off. When your old, and wrinkly, the tattoo will still be there. When your saying no to your kids for tattooes, its going to be there, very visible for them to use against you.

It doesn't souuund skanky, I promise. But just think tattooes through, theyre your permanent friends.

• neither. I actually think it's a good place because when you don't want to show it, you can leave you hair down. go for it