Feelings on Septum Piercings?

I'm going to get my Septum piercing on July 5th and I've been wanting and debating on this piercing for about 2 years. A couple years ago, I was experimenting with a fake septum ring I had, and fell in love with the look but about a week later, I went to school and saw a girl who had it pierced very low and didn't know what was the cause so I held off on it. At the end of this year, she told me that it was low because she had pierced it herself, and that ones done right usually don't hang very low.
After doing extensive research, I finally found a perfect shop to get it done at! :)
And I know some people like to pull the, "You'll look like a bull" bs, but I really love this piercing, not just because you can hide it, but it really is pretty, especially with all the clickers you can buy for it :)
But I was wondering what opinions people have on it? I won't take offense to anyone but I'd love to know!! :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know about anyone else but I like them
    But yeah it depends on the particular girl
    Some looks amazing some looks fine :P

Most Helpful Girl

• They look lovely and otherwordly on pretty faces. I know a lot of people hate them but they're gorgeous sometimes. Look how you want to look because it's your body.

What Guys Said 16

• You have a beautiful face. Don't ruin it with a septum piercing which you will eventually regret for many reasons.

• @asker Notice only one male, who is 17, advocated for the septum piercing. Every single other male was against it... and for good reason. Think about that...

In the future, you may meet men who would love to be with you but then discover you have a septum piercing. They will mentally say "No thanks" and not even bother with you. Here's why: Not only does it not look good, it illustrates irresponsibility. Boys may want "hot girls", but men want responsible adult women.

• I dont like them at all

• Do what you want, but don't get defensive and pissed when certain types of guys don't like you for what you've done.

• I hate them. Isn't that right @My_Username_Is

• Not a fan of them.

• I think they are really ugly lol. I've never met a girl who wouldn't look better without it.

• Hate em. I have yet to see 1 thats attractive.

• Septum piercings are trashy.

• Not my cup of tea, I'm not fond of it but if you like it then that's all that matters.

• That's a huge turn off for me.

• Nothing screams skank louder than a septum piercing.

• If that's the case, then girls with a tongue ring are deemed as skanks, also, due to the stereotype of her "willing to give oral" but I've met women who have that piercing and don agree with that at all. You can't deem a piercing to determine if a girl is slutty or not.

• A tongue piercing also screams 'idiot'.
      Ask any dentist how quickly metal in the tongue destroys teeth.

• And that can be proven false as well. If you want the piercing, and if you're careful with what you do with it, then there isn't a problem.
      But that's your opinion.

• A great way to get an infection

• You actually won't get an infection if you take care of it. It's all a matter on what you choose to do.

• Tell that to the girl in the intensive care unit at St. Joseph's Hospital in Atlanta Georgia right now. She's on IV antibiotics and will be so for at least 2 weeks. Ask her if her if she took care of it. You want to lie to yourself go ahead

• Well there are unique cases for a lot of things, I rarely hear of infections if you clean it right and take care of it, especially if it's a deviated septum. There usually isn't a problem with most, but my condolences for her.

• They're one of the few things in fashion that look like genuine garbage on everyone. Like Crocs.

• Honestly I love some piercings and tattoos on girls, but my favorite is not on the septum but to the side or a nostril piercing, or belly button and multiple on the ear is okay as well. But the rest are meh in my opinion. But if you want it you should go for it they are still pretty kick ass

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 18

• I think they're pretty hideous and most people look better without.
    But it's entirely up to you. You love it. So get it. If you end up not liking it or feeling comfortable, can take it out.

• Some people think you will look like a bull, should those prudes really have any say in your life? Nah. You're young, still in high school, get it done. If you decide you don't like it, just take it out.

I think they look cute, yea, I have preferences on styles/sizes, but overall I think it's cute.

• Yeah... I think they are incredibly ugly and I couldn't take someone seriously who looked like a bull.

Carry on, though, if you like that style.

• http://images.wisegeek.com/bull-with-nose-ring.jpg

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/bull-5898216.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org/.../XN_Bos_taurus_00.jpg

You're going to look like one of these guys imo^^
    But if you really want it then go for it. Ain't nobody stopping you.

• I have a noise piercing but it's the traditional one side is pierced kind of thing. Lots of people like that.

I feel as the spectrum is kind of big on some noses.. And gives a abnormal look. On some girls and guys. Cuz guys get it too. Maybe try getting your noise pierced if you like the feeling go for something bigger.

In the end it's all up to you

• I do agree some are big on some people, especially when they gauge them to a large size.
      But thank you for your input, I greatly appreciate it. :)
      I might think about the nostril, cuz I've always liked those as well. ^_^

• Yea!! Do whatever sits your face and personality. I'm glad that I could help some. Have fun deciding☺️😎

• I want to get one too, but I have a bad experience with a piercing so I'm still waiting to see if I still want it in a year and can find a good place. I got my lip pierced when I was 15, my dad went with me, it seemed like a good shop, definitely costed enough to be a good shop, more than $30 at least.

But, within 2 weeks, even though I was cleaning right, and not fiddling with it, the flat round backing of it, started to hurt my inside of my lip really badly, and was ripping a much bigger hole into my lip. I could not for the life of me get the ball screwed off the bar, so one of my friends dads had to cut it with a wire cutter before my lip had a huge ass hole in it. I let it heal, and never thought about getting one again. But, septum piercing has always been something I found beautiful, and I wanted to get one a year ago, never did, I'm still debating.

• That really sucks that you had a bad experience :/ I know some will say if the piercing is healthy for a certain type f health or where it is on the body, but the lip piercing is a pretty common piercing so that's really a let down that it did that.
      I've always thought the Septum piercings were unique, so I agree with ya there :) Whatever decision you make, I'm sure will be a good one, good luck! ^_^

• Not interested in it. It reminds me of the cow...

• You really need to learn that sometimes you need to do things that the majority of people dont approve of. If you want it go for it, dont waste time looking for the opinions of strangers online.
    That said, I have had one for over a year and dont even slightly regret it. It looks SO GOOD and makes my appearance unique.

• Thanks so much XD And nah, I just really like to hear what some think, it won't affect me none. I always thought that they can be pulled off by a lot of people.
      And that's great :D I'm really looking forward to mine. Thanks for your input ^_^

• But I have been pretty shocked on how many people dislike the Septum. I've always thought they were so unique and quite beautiful. It's kind of a bummer, but it certainly won't stop me. I've never really had a mindset of letting anyone set me back from doing something, but still, it's kind of still a disappointment.

• I wanna get one soon. And hey get one if you want to. Don't let others control how you look

• Meh, I'd never get it. But they can look alright on certain people, mostly if your overall style matches the piercing.

• if you love it then by all means get it just take care of it and its a good thing you did your research unlike i did when i got my industrial lol

• I don't care for them myself. I think they look like a runny nose.

I have my left nostril pierced & I wear either a stud or a small ring.

• I think they are pretty cute, some go kinda big, which I don't really like, but it's your body so do what you want

• I'm just gonna probably keep mine at a 16g, I like the look of the smaller, petite ones :)
      But thank you for the input ^_^

• They look so weird

• I think they're gorgeous, and I'm planning on getting mine done next summer!

• I don't like them at all.

• ugly

• But it's true when they say "you'll look like a bull" http://images.wisegeek.com/pig-with-nose-ring.jpg
    Or maybe a pig
    easywean.com.au/.../lambs-1.png
    Or a little lamb