Apple Body Type vs. Hourglass Body Type Weight Gain?

A long time ago before I gained a lot of weight I had a really balanced hourglass figure. Now that I have gained like 70-80 lbs. I am pretty much an apple shape. Is it possible that when an hourglass gains a lot of weight she can gain it in her waist and end up looking like an apple? That's what happened to me. I don't think I was an apple shape before, I had busts with a small defined waist and hips and a butt so that's pretty much an hourglass. So why are all these sites saying that only apples gain weight in the midsection and hourglasses don't?

BTW I did get a treadmill so I'm on my way back to my hourglass fighting weight. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• The perfect hourglass measurements are :36-24-36.With the bust and hips being the same measurement and waist being 12 inches less.

The point of an hourglass is that you don't gain weight in the mid section and hourglasses don't because of the body types(if you know about body types)

I'm an hourglass and when I gain weight it goes straight to my breasts and hips but if I gain A LOT of weight of course I'll notice some in my midsection.

Sorry but hourglass and apple shape are two different shapes,you don't change.Of course you can be an attractive or nasty looking apple shape,pear shape or hourglass or banana/pencil

Hourglasses don't gain weight in midsection.

• Well my boobs and hips got bigger at first but after a lot more weight I got some in my midsection. my boobs and hips are still bigger than my gut tho. I'm not really sure what an in shape apple looks like, I see examples like catherine zeta and angelina jolie but I didn't look like them at all before my weight gain. is it possible to be a hybrid?

• Thank you for answering :)

about how much weight would it take for you to gain around your midsection?

• mmm...I guess, I'd notice a REAL difference maybe 10 lbs, I'm also 5'3, so that could be why.

What Guys Said 2

• when "true" hourglass figure women gain weight, its evenly distributed all throughout the body up to a certain point (for an average height woman it seems to be around the 180 lb mark where it starts to accumulate in odd ways) which basically allows them to retain their overall hourglass dimensions despite being overweight by a fair degree.

• hourglass do gain weight...most hourglass...gain weight all over the body...fat accentuate the whole body so it will be like fat like apple...but hourglass slow to to gain weight..they do gain weight...but for really cone shape/apple shape body...most gain body weight on the torso,arm,neck stomach and buttock even chest...like round shape..but the leg remain slim... for hourglass body they gain weight on the upper body and lower body...so you must doing lotsa exercise on down part and upper part...like jogging, weight lifting on the bicep tricep, aerobic,dance-exercise, sit-up... you can try some detox tea...u can buy in nearest pharmacy and store...the detox fat,waste and slim up your body anything must be patience...

What Girls Said 4

• Let me answer this from personal experience.

I used to be shaped like an apple. Since then, I've lost 82 pounds.. and now I have an hourglass figure.

Hope that helps! :)

• Apple bottom jeans...boots with the fur lol

I'd go for the hourglass, so that way you don't just have a butt or boobs, you have both

• im an hourglass shape 35-24-35 and when I gain weight it goes straight to my bust/hips, only if I gain an enormous amount of weight can you tell around my midsection.

• Thank you for answering :)

• a noticable change would be 30-40lbs but I'm still an hourglass shape because my bust and thighs are still bigger.

• I'm an hour glass too though my proportions are a lot smaller than the typical hour glass figure. But I'm like you too, when I gained a few pounds, they went straight to my waist