Why does my new tattoo look faded?

I just got it a few days ago. The peeling I understand but the fading part is making me nervous :/

Most Helpful Girl

• It's just part of the healing process. It'll peel and when it does it'll look faded underneath but it'll look less faded in a few days. If you got colors though you may want to get them touched up eventually because those fade easier than back does. My tattoos are black but I have a friend who has 3 tattoos with lots of colors. I met her right after she got the third one and she had to go get it touched up a few times because the colors weren't as bright as she wanted.

What Guys Said 1

• If it's really a problem after it's completely healed then you could always go back for a touch up. A lot of artists will do free touch ups.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't panic it's just where the skin and the ink are bonding just don't scratch it. You'll be fine once the ink has found it's layer the pealing will stop :) and after that youcan always have the colours darkened

• it might be the ink that was used,but idk

• Make sure you're using the tattoo goo and not using too much. Just enough to make it glisten. That could be drying out the ink...