Girls, do you think mathematicians are boring? Why math guys have such a bad luck with girls?

I know many math majors, and I am one too. I have not had much problem getting girls myself, but I'm a serious exception !

Most guys in math just never get a girl, not even a math girl ! Girls frown a them. Do you think we are kinda boring or soemthing? What does a math guy need to do to get a girl? Have you dated a mathematician? any other ideas on this issue?

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of girls don't find math guys nerdy and unattractive, but they're intimidated by them and feel insecure. I discovered this in college a few years ago... I'd start some discussion, get really involved, and suddenly girls would start getting snippy and bitchy, even sometimes calling me "elitist" even though I honestly didn't think I was better, and I think "objective" intelligence tests are BS.

What I realized was that those girls were insecure, and thus being bitchy to feel better about themselves because they were intimidated by me.

• What you say makes a lot of sense, I can relate.

What Girls Said 6

• I actully love math (even though I look like a party type of person lol ). In my opinion, I don't really care about a guy being popular or being a loser. Smart guys are hot too! They have brains unlike those guys who just yell and walk around like there's something in their pants. As long as a guy likes me and cares about me with all his heart ( and isn't a a**hole) then I don't care if he's popular or not. To get a girl, just be yourself. Seriously, be yourself because there's one and only one of you. If your not yourself then how will someone like you for you?

• Not at all. I have a mathematician friend having a ripped eight pack abs. And he is flirty as hell. Your social side has nothing to do with your proffessional side. Girls are always interested in guys who are confident, smart/intelligent and physically attractive. Though combo of all the three is hard to find.

• I think smart guys are really attractive haha:) Why do girls need to know you're a mathematician before youve met them? Meet a girl, get to know her, then tell er and if she really likes you she'll accept or love it :)

• in my circle mathematicians they have their own girlfriend.Maybe sense of style and try not to be afraid to talk.

• Mathematicians are hot, because they are logical, clever and mostly easy to talk to, especially for me, since most guys "don't get what I'm sayin' "... >.> Naturally deciding whether I would date you or not would depend on more then you majoring in math or not. But it is definitely a plus. I'm in high school, and I'm aiming for med school, but I love math and I'd love a guy who knows it. I liked one mathematician once, sadly he moved away without me confessing my feelings.

• You remind me of 'Mean Girls'.

The math guy that did get a girl had another side to him. Had some swagger. So maybe you have to find that other part of you that is a bit more exciting and roll with it.

What Guys Said 0